Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 10:59 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,259,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
Makes me sick to see that. Those idiots were acting like it was the Mardi Gras! One girl was tilting her head back like she was expecting booze to be poured down her throat while the Soviet flag was being waved and other guy was showing his chest with Obama written on it. I guess he was expecting beads.

These kids voted only to follow the crowd. It's a shame our country is going to be destroyed.
Ashamed that "Joe the college student" decided this election. The voting age should be raised to 21. Today's students aren't mature enough to make an informed decision. There is little difference today in maturity between a 15 year old and a 20 year old, due to kids staying at home with parents longer, delayed entrance into workforce, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 11:04 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
America has flipped God the bird tonight. Its now our job to stay faithful. God would have spared Sodom and Gomorrah for just 10 righteous people, he will surely spare America for the light that still exists here.
Bchris---you are so righteous!

Old 11-05-2008, 11:20 AM

1,402 posts, read 3,502,450 times
Quote:
Makes me sick to see that. Those idiots were acting like it was the Mardi Gras! One girl was tilting her head back like she was expecting booze to be poured down her throat while the Soviet flag was being waved and other guy was showing his chest with Obama written on it. I guess he was expecting beads.

These kids voted only to follow the crowd. It's a shame our country is going to be destroyed.
Dear lawd!!!! kids dancing and celebrating in public for a historic event...how dare they?

Are you as old as you sound?

I'm only kidding with you by the way, that sounded like a fuddy-duddy comment you just made and I found it humorous....

Old 11-05-2008, 12:03 PM

1,653 posts, read 4,299,168 times
If you consider 32 old, then yep, I guess I am old and BTW I happen to be an MBA too so don't try to now play the "uneducated card" next.

Old 11-05-2008, 12:05 PM

2,482 posts, read 8,734,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Ashamed that "Joe the college student" decided this election. The voting age should be raised to 21. Today's students aren't mature enough to make an informed decision. There is little difference today in maturity between a 15 year old and a 20 year old, due to kids staying at home with parents longer, delayed entrance into workforce, etc.
If they're old enough to die for your ungrateful ass in Iraq, they're old enough to vote. Jerkwad.

And I am apalled that you equate the corrupt Republican party to God. How pretentious and sinful. You will be paying for that in the next world that you believe in.

Old 11-05-2008, 12:10 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,507,138 times
Dailymotion - Yuri Bezmenov, a video from onmyway02. bezmenov, KGB, yuri, soviet, marxism

Former KGB agent in 1985 interview.

Old 11-05-2008, 12:13 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,744,135 times
"If they're old enough to die for your ungrateful ass in Iraq, they're old enough to vote. Jerkwad."

Even though SmerkyGrl is who she is, she has a valid point that no one should argue. I agree that most of those college kids are probably complete idiots, but they are old enough to die in war. Maybe we should change the enlistment age?

Old 11-05-2008, 01:00 PM

1,402 posts, read 3,502,450 times
Quote:
If you consider 32 old, then yep, I guess I am old and BTW I happen to be an MBA too so don't try to now play the "uneducated card" next.
Never said anything about you being uneducated, but it was nice of you to trot out your sheepskin to prove otherwise!

As someone in their mid-30s, I wouldn't call 32 old...do you think you are being a little rough on those kids who were clearly excited to be a part of making history of this country?

Old 11-05-2008, 07:15 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,638,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Maybe it's all that methane that's affected your brain, then. Either that or too much time at Free Republic...
LMFAO!!!! Them cattle smell a sight bettern the drivel spewed by leftist sheep. And their a tad bit smarter to

Old 11-05-2008, 07:30 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,637,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
The sight of the fomer Soviet flag being held up by Obama supporters in front of the White House last night sent chills up my back. Having spent a good portion of my life in fear of that flag and the nuclear weapons that backed it up, seeing CITIZENS of this country flying it in support of a president elect scares me no end. If this is the direction we are going, the future is bleak indeed. tear down the wall mister Gorbachev, no need to fire a shot, our electoral college will pick up your banner for you. I'm sick inside. Where will we be in four years I wonder?
Somehow, I can't read this without hearing it in the voice of Congressman Alex Shrub from Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. For those of you who've played the game, you know what I mean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies