Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 06:21 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,770,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And actually Pres. Elect Obama doesn't become President Obama til January 2009. So, this still all happened on Bush's watch.
Correct. GWB has been pissing every body off for a while now. He is still in office. Tell doofus to handle it.

Obama will see the Russians after Jan 20, 2008.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 06:38 PM

109 posts, read 172,672 times
Sorry, but this thread is silly...

1. Russia responds to an action we initiated. Wow. Shocking. Here's WWIII. Let's all buy used AK-47's and move up to the hills. I got dibs on the Sierras and Rachel McAdams when we start the new world order.

2. Dow dropped 300 no wait 400 points! You've got to be kidding. I smell recession here. I'm glad we've got people like the OP on top of this. Let us know when the economy gets bad...I want to find a good place for my tent camp.

3. Israel and Palestine are fighting? Oh no, I think somebody forgot to pay the group counseling tab for our 2 little middle eastern friends. Boys will be boys I guess. Looks like an early bedtime for somebody and probably without dinner.

I just hope Obama can fill those big giant Texas shoes sitting in the white house right now. If not I have a pet rock I'd like y'all to meet. Looks great in a chair and an I.Q. of at least 100 points higher than the current administration. The same could be said about Jello.

Are the people who start these threads really serious? Thanks for showing us all what "backwards" is about - or is that "backwoods". And welcome to the world of 2008. BTW, can anyone point me in the direction of a good A.T.V. dealer and an Army surplus store?

Seriously though, if anything involved with this thread could even be that, a sincere and heartfelt congratulations to the new leader of our great nation, PRESIDENT-ELECT OBAMA. And a sincere handful of pity to anyone who opts to not be a part of restoring our post-Bush house of cards to global prominence.

Last edited by JeremiahJohnson; 11-05-2008 at 07:44 PM..

Old 11-05-2008, 07:15 PM

178 posts, read 481,017 times
Can some one please write me and tell me how to boost reputation for others with a message?I have no problem boosting rep but I cannot tell them why I like it. So Jerimiah Jhonson this is for you. Great post well said!

Old 11-05-2008, 09:43 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadbill View Post
You are right! I'm making my tinfoil hat right now....let me know your size and I'll make one for you too.

And to answer you question, yes...I think it is all a coincidence. I must not be able to read the witting on the wall

people always talk about tin foil hats when people prepare for the worst. I call it insurance, just like life and car insurance. after all if you are not willing to provide for yourself if everything takes a dump, then you have no one to blame but yourself, and dont going around telling people about tin foil hats when you are not even willing to go the extra step to provide for yourself in bad times.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:44 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Correct. GWB has been pissing every body off for a while now. He is still in office. Tell doofus to handle it.

really?

will obama sign a letter of surrender for the russians or just wave the white flag for hamas?

Old 11-06-2008, 06:58 AM

1,402 posts, read 3,502,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
people always talk about tin foil hats when people prepare for the worst. I call it insurance, just like life and car insurance. after all if you are not willing to provide for yourself if everything takes a dump, then you have no one to blame but yourself, and dont going around telling people about tin foil hats when you are not even willing to go the extra step to provide for yourself in bad times.
You obviously don't get the joke about tinfoil hats. Maybe yours is too tight perhaps?

Old 11-06-2008, 08:00 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,864,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
Less than 12 hours of Hussein victory, International chaos begins!

Russia to Deploy Missiles in Response to U.S. Missile Shield

MOSCOW — Russia will deploy missiles near NATO member Poland in response to U.S. missile defense plans, President Dmitry Medvedev said Wednesday in his first state of the nation speech.

FOXNews.com - Medvedev: Russia to Deploy Missiles in Response to U.S. Missile Shield - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News

Election Euphoria Fades: Dow Plunges 300+

The Dow plunged as much as 330 points Wednesday afternoon as economic worries mount on Wall Street.

Hamas fires rockets at Israel after 6 killed

Hamas fires rockets at Israel after 6 killed - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081105/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_israel_palestinians - broken link)

All 3 events taking place less than 12h after B. Hussein is declared the winner in the US "global" election.

Coincidence? I think NOT!

America's enemies are having a major party right now. The Russians, Iranians, and Venezuelans will have an alliance that will be way more powerful than the weaken Hussein-controlled US.

Islamists are overjoyed in Gaza; Hamas declares victory in the War on Terror.

Stock market begins its collapse in the coming month or so before Obama and Liberals in Congress cause cap gains taxes to skyrocket. A major sell-out is expected.

Americans have gotten WAY too comfortable with large homes, nice cars, easy credit, and $500 iPhones. We will have to adjust to crappy lifestyles, small homes, being cold in winter and hot in the summer inside our homes. They choose Hussein, they will have to suffer Hussein-like consequences.

Americans blew it. Now it's time to suffer the consequences.... sadly even if you did not support Hussein.

Well I guess the dumbA$$ award goes to you. George bush is still president and activities of the world continue. regardless of Obama's election it is infantile to think our election will stop the activities of the world. You seem to forget Bush is the one with his posturing towards Georgia... that would be very threatening to Russia. Hamas does and will do what it has always done. Why would you be so arogant to think what we do will make the world stop and be good? Stop coming up with crriticisms less than 12 hours after a democratic victory and come up with solutions to our problems. Sour grapes don't make good whine. Are you going to spend the next four years complaining? When are you going to make a positive contribution? We are still the United States that is suppose to mean we come together and get down to business after an election, not fragment like chalk hitting the floor.

I guess your watching FauxNews explains the ignorance.....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...97743434902428

Old 11-06-2008, 08:59 AM

687 posts, read 2,351,291 times

Old 11-06-2008, 02:36 PM

881 posts, read 1,589,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post

Will see the Russians or will let the Russians do whatever they want and let the Russians dictate what Americans should/should not do?

Strength is how you achieve peace and security. Weakness allows your enemies to overtake and overpower you.

Boy, these are gonna be some horrible 4 years... maybe less if we get the House back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
really?

will obama sign a letter of surrender for the russians or just wave the white flag for hamas?
One way to show weakness is to pull out the Missile Shield. That will show the Russians how weak Obama really is.

Hamas is already celebrating victory on the War on Terror and the destruction of Israel using Iranian nukes.

If I were the Israelis, I'd be VERY concern now. Obama has set their Doomsday Clock in motion by his election.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremiahJohnson View Post
Sorry, but this thread is silly...

1. Russia responds to an action we initiated. Wow. Shocking. Here's WWIII. Let's all buy used AK-47's and move up to the hills. I got dibs on the Sierras and Rachel McAdams when we start the new world order.

2. Dow dropped 300 no wait 400 points! You've got to be kidding. I smell recession here. I'm glad we've got people like the OP on top of this. Let us know when the economy gets bad...I want to find a good place for my tent camp.

3. Israel and Palestine are fighting? Oh no, I think somebody forgot to pay the group counseling tab for our 2 little middle eastern friends. Boys will be boys I guess. Looks like an early bedtime for somebody and probably without dinner.
1. The issue here is how we RESPOND to the Russians. The Russians are rolling out a massive expansion of their former Soviet Empire, by invading Georgia and by bullying Poland and Ukraine. If the US doesn't push them back and fully back/support Georgia, Poland, and Ukraine, we could be looking into a New Cold War.

This Missile Shield thing is basically a test of just how weak Hussein is. We'll see how that will turnout, but if it turns out in the manner we have seen Hussein during this campaign, then Russia may become the Soviet Union once again.

2. Another 400 point drop again. Honestly, we will see this happening daily until Obama comes out and publicly vows NOT to raise cap gains taxes.

Doesn't take a genius to figure this one out: Today, IF you make any money in stocks or by selling a house - you pay 15% tax + personal income taxes, which means the government will rip you off for about 40% - 55% of whatever you get.

If Obama manages to squeeze his plan through Liberal-dominated Congress, then any money (IF any) you make with stocks and profits from sale of a home, the government will take 30% of the profits + personal income taxes, which would put you at 60% - 75% of the profits in taxes.

What kind of an idiot will wait to sell their stocks under such terms?

That is why the stock market will keep plungling non-stop until (IF) Hussein makes a public vow NOT to raise cap gains taxes right now.

3. Hamas knows B. Hussein is sympathetic to them and will not back the Israelis. Hussein is friends with many prominent Islamists in Africa and the middle east.

So that is Hamas and Hezbollah will begin attacking Israel 24/7 now, since they know Obama is on Hamas' side and won't help defend Israel.

Old 11-06-2008, 03:47 PM

109 posts, read 172,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
Will see the Russians or will let the Russians do whatever they want and let the Russians dictate what Americans should/should not do?

Strength is how you achieve peace and security. Weakness allows your enemies to overtake and overpower you.

Boy, these are gonna be some horrible 4 years... maybe less if we get the House back.

One way to show weakness is to pull out the Missile Shield. That will show the Russians how weak Obama really is.

Hamas is already celebrating victory on the War on Terror and the destruction of Israel using Iranian nukes.

If I were the Israelis, I'd be VERY concern now. Obama has set their Doomsday Clock in motion by his election.

1. The issue here is how we RESPOND to the Russians. The Russians are rolling out a massive expansion of their former Soviet Empire, by invading Georgia and by bullying Poland and Ukraine. If the US doesn't push them back and fully back/support Georgia, Poland, and Ukraine, we could be looking into a New Cold War.

This Missile Shield thing is basically a test of just how weak Hussein is. We'll see how that will turnout, but if it turns out in the manner we have seen Hussein during this campaign, then Russia may become the Soviet Union once again.

2. Another 400 point drop again. Honestly, we will see this happening daily until Obama comes out and publicly vows NOT to raise cap gains taxes.

Doesn't take a genius to figure this one out: Today, IF you make any money in stocks or by selling a house - you pay 15% tax + personal income taxes, which means the government will rip you off for about 40% - 55% of whatever you get.

If Obama manages to squeeze his plan through Liberal-dominated Congress, then any money (IF any) you make with stocks and profits from sale of a home, the government will take 30% of the profits + personal income taxes, which would put you at 60% - 75% of the profits in taxes.

That is why the stock market will keep plungling non-stop until (IF) Hussein makes a public vow NOT to raise cap gains taxes right now.

3. Hamas knows B. Hussein is sympathetic to them and will not back the Israelis. Hussein is friends with many prominent Islamists in Africa and the middle east.

So that is Hamas and Hezbollah will begin attacking Israel 24/7 now, since they know Obama is on Hamas' side and won't help defend Israel.

Well then I guess we just elected Obama to get up there and flush the toilet the Republican party has been filling for the last eight years. Looks like we're just plain doomed. Doomed I tell you. Thanks for the pep talk.

And to answer this particular question:

Ummm...Who are Republicans? Wait, is this a trick question? Nah. I'll stick with my original answer. For a mintue there I was going to be specific and say lil' Georgie Bush but then that would have excluded his father, his cronies, most the extremist and hate groups, and of course all the other little Republican boys & girls who have not one positive thing to contribute to anything in these discussions or the newly elected government. Way to unite the nation kids. You're gonna really help us get your mess cleaned up. But I guess when things get bad here, we can all just jump ship on over to our brand new country, Iraq. Going to be a paradise over there when we get all finished up. We'll call it Ameraqa. I knew Republicans were "forward thinkers".

...still got dibs on the Sierras and Rachel McAdams.

Last edited by JeremiahJohnson; 11-06-2008 at 05:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies