Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 11:21 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times

Advertisements

It wouldn't matter what he did to you then. 250,000 for the a bomb was cool for your democratic BS campaign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 12:18 AM

In Word

Old 11-21-2008, 05:26 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
no youre funny see I was alive during Reagan and remember IT ALL! LOL you try again.

from the article I linked to, its the repubs who want to rewrite history, this is COMMON knowledge and anyone alive during his presidency that followed it knows this stuff:
I WISH I COULD REP U AGAIN!!!!!!!

I too was alive during this scumbags reign of terror on the working man and the middle class....I was brought up in a UNION construction and UMWA coal mining family and I can tell you one thing,Reagan was THE single most hated (and still is) politician there has ever been around here.Most around here said "They should take Hinckley out and teach him to shoot better and turn him loose again" after Reagan was supposedly shot (a lot of folks don't think he was hit very bad at all,but instead played the hero for poll numbers that he needed)....I'm open minded and willing to debate a few things to see the others POV,but when it comes to Reagan I'll tell someone to FOAD in a heartbeat,because I witnessed firsthand what that lowlife p.o.s. did to working people.The only thing left to say about him is his deeds will be judged by a fair and honest GOD and I wouldn't want to trade places with him on judgement day.

Old 11-21-2008, 05:33 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
no youre funny see I was alive during Reagan and remember IT ALL! LOL you try again. from the article I linked to, its the repubs who want to rewrite history, this is COMMON knowledge and anyone alive during his presidency that followed it knows this stuff:
When Nixon flew away on that helicopter, I thought, well, there goes the worst President I'll know in my lifetime. How wrong that idea was quickly proven to be. Ronald Wilson Reagan. George Walker Bush. The hapless efforts of right-wing apologists to cover up the actual record in hopes of fending off the obvious are for nought: The worst President in US history is some guy whose middle initial was W. The only real debate is over which order they should be put in...

Old 11-21-2008, 05:49 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
When Nixon flew away on that helicopter, I thought, well, there goes the worst President I'll know in my lifetime. How wrong that idea was quickly proven to be. Ronald Wilson Reagan. George Walker Bush. The hapless efforts of right-wing apologists to cover up the actual record in hopes of fending off the obvious are for nought: The worst President in US history is some guy whose middle initial was W. The only real debate is over which order they should be put in...
As I said to Chasing...I wish I could rep u again...

It's time to take the whitewash off the BS,he was a horrible human being as far as the little guy was concerned and I too thought it could get no worse than Nixon then along came Reagan and I thought the same thing again, AND THEN..........just goes to show you that I don't have access to a crystal ball.

Old 11-21-2008, 06:29 AM

707 posts, read 1,293,389 times
Quote:
Iran/Contra? AIDS? Doing nothing while North Korea built a plutonium reactor? Giving missile technology to China? $1.4 trillion worth of budget deficits? Gee, hope I didn't sound stupid...
More like ridiculous

Old 11-21-2008, 06:31 AM

707 posts, read 1,293,389 times
Quote:
Jimmy Carter

Old 11-21-2008, 06:36 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
OP -thirteen for thirteen platitudes wrong! Yeah, that was Ronnie Raygun.

Old 11-21-2008, 06:59 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
I, too, lived through the Regan years. They were very scary and disappointing.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
I was put out of the alternate energy (my own small hydro development) business by the SOB's policies. I have been, and continue to be, amazed that some people still think of him as a hero.

He wanted to destroy the Soviet Union but did not have the courage to tax his friends to do the job but borrowed the money that set the country on the path of perpetual debt. He enforced tyranny in South America and bankruptcy all over the world. He appealed to the working man’s feelings while stabbing him in the back

Some conservative! Some American! TRAITOR!!!

Old 11-21-2008, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
As I said to Chasing...I wish I could rep u again...

It's time to take the whitewash off the BS,he was a horrible human being as far as the little guy was concerned and I too thought it could get no worse than Nixon then along came Reagan and I thought the same thing again, AND THEN..........just goes to show you that I don't have access to a crystal ball.
Meanwhile back on the ranch Billy had his pants down too much to realize Osama was planning 9/11... But he was just gettin some so he was a hero who was attacked by that crazy right wing conspiracy..

All you have to do is say Carter everyone knows how pathetic that time period was.

JFK? Thanks for appeasing the communist backed Cuban coup and allowing missiles to be setup on our border all the while secretly making a deal with Russia to never attack Castro again if you'll just politely remove those nukes. Then the training started that was the cold war

Ford didn't even realize Russia was occupying eastern Europe....what wall?

It's been pretty bleak for previous presidents and it goes all the way back to the trail of tears. Dems and Repubs alike.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies