Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 10:32 AM

1,590 posts, read 1,667,504 times

Advertisements

Mmmm, mmmm, I'm going to go light up right now.

Nothing like a little 2 - butanone.

MEK is mighty yummy, esp. first thing in the morning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2007, 10:38 AM

32 posts, read 56,198 times
Amen! I am very liberal but the truth is there are people who do not deserve "rights" and smokers are #1.

Old 02-26-2007, 11:02 AM

2,218 posts, read 5,393,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedalus View Post
Mmmm, mmmm, I'm going to go light up right now.

Nothing like a little 2 - butanone.

MEK is mighty yummy, esp. first thing in the morning.
LOL! Just make sure you don't have any contact with any trees while smoking, I hear them along with some fruits and veggies make that too! It's a conspiracy!

Old 02-26-2007, 12:34 PM

592 posts, read 2,809,195 times
Wow, I didn't realize libs should decide who should and shouldn't have rights. Sorry folks, this is one match nobody will ever win. Once again there are two groups who will right fight regardless. For all of those that aren't smokers and think those of us who are should be banned from society, have you ever thanked a smoker for going outside at a party/bar/restraunt to smoke and thank him or her for not polluting your air?

Old 02-26-2007, 01:23 PM

1,590 posts, read 1,667,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delaneyland View Post
Wow, I didn't realize libs should decide who should and shouldn't have rights. Sorry folks, this is one match nobody will ever win. Once again there are two groups who will right fight regardless. For all of those that aren't smokers and think those of us who are should be banned from society, have you ever thanked a smoker for going outside at a party/bar/restraunt to smoke and thank him or her for not polluting your air?
Did you ever see the cartoon that depicts the pearly gates of Heaven, with a sign in front, with two arrows....

"Smoking/Non-Smoking"

Old 02-26-2007, 03:24 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,690,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vademsandi View Post
Amen! I am very liberal but the truth is there are people who do not deserve "rights" and smokers are #1.
Just ahead of child rapists and murderers huh?

Old 02-26-2007, 07:20 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittle View Post
Totally agree with you!

Smoking is the single most filthy, disgusting and classless "by choice" habit! I'll be glad when possession of tobacco is a criminal violation. These people who do smoke in public are nuisances. My hair and clothes shouldn't have to smell like a dive-bar because someone lacks the willpower and intestinal fortitude to quit inhaling nicotine. Ever meet anyone who was forced to smoke and ultimately become "addicted"? Nope, me either.

I think the frozen tundra would be an ideal place to send all smokers until they quit. Then and only then can they rejoin society.
I sincerely hope you are kidding.
The current illegality of many substances in the US has created enough problems with crime, organized criminal operations, political and law enforcement corruption, etc. Adding nicotine to the substances targeted in the War On Some Drugs would make matters even worse. There would be a HUGE number of people who would be willing to help fill the void illegally - and tax revenues would suffer. Organized crime would have new opportunities.

It is a shame that America has forgotten the lessons of alcohol prohibition.

Old 02-28-2007, 03:58 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vademsandi View Post
and here is typical thoughts from a progressive liberal,the suppose to be "open minded",caring" and "thoughtful" idealism.

but modern liberalism , it always seems that really its about being "superior" or more intellectual ,that they know whats better for you and only with their guidance will you be able walk the "right" path....phfttt!

"there are people who do not deserve rights".....I guess that means only rights that are "approved" of.

I d rather have rights and use personal responsibilty,courtesy and promote that....than to have the thought that people just cant use freedom wisely.

yes,while you are all for smoking bans....st some point someone is not going to like what you do and will decide for themselves that you just are not one of those people who deserves that right.

hey,lets ban your coffee,ban your junk food,ban your auto,ban you coca-cola,Im mean all you need in life is bread and water right?

about smoking,I do think its common courtesy to not subject others to your smoke,and Im a smoker but I dont need to be "banned" or nannyed to understand this.

Old 02-28-2007, 04:54 PM

4,781 posts, read 2,082,719 times
Let's take a vote .......
1) How many smokers wish they never started ?
2) How many smokers have tried to quiet ?
3) How many smokers have had with drawl symptoms when trying to quiet?
4) How many smokers have had these symptoms in between cigarettes?

With drawl symptoms:

craving of nicotine
Irritation
anger
weight gain
concentration problems
depression
headaches
fatigue
constipation
restlessness
insomnia
dizziness
anxiety

4,000 different chemical are added to tobacco (43 cause cancer.) Who added those?
Nicotine is the ingredient that causes physical addiction to tobacco.
It's a stimulant and increases activity in the brain just like caffeine, cocaine, and amphetamine.
Nicotine is one of the most dependency-inducing drugs.
For some smoking is a coping mechanism - a form of self therapy.

Nicotine is a legal drug.
It is to easy to say: People choose to smoke! But everyone has a story!

*Please keep this all in mind when you look at a smoker.* or anyone with an addiction.

Old 03-01-2007, 06:41 AM

431 posts, read 393,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
and here is typical thoughts from a progressive liberal,the suppose to be "open minded",caring" and "thoughtful" idealism.

but modern liberalism , it always seems that really its about being "superior" or more intellectual ,that they know whats better for you and only with their guidance will you be able walk the "right" path....phfttt!

"there are people who do not deserve rights".....I guess that means only rights that are "approved" of.

I d rather have rights and use personal responsibilty,courtesy and promote that....than to have the thought that people just cant use freedom wisely.

yes,while you are all for smoking bans....st some point someone is not going to like what you do and will decide for themselves that you just are not one of those people who deserves that right.

hey,lets ban your coffee,ban your junk food,ban your auto,ban you coca-cola,Im mean all you need in life is bread and water right?

about smoking,I do think its common courtesy to not subject others to your smoke,and Im a smoker but I dont need to be "banned" or nannyed to understand this.

Unfortunately, not everyone is a "courteous" smoker. There are very few, actually. Smokers assume they have a right to blow their 2nd-hand smoke all over everyone else in their vicinity. An since we know that 2nd-hand smoke causes cancer, I don't want you near me while you're smoking your cancer stick.

There's no reason to ban coffee. Why would we? If you drink coffee, how are you affecting me? Smoking, on the other hand, does affect me by way of your bad habit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies