Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2018, 12:57 PM

8,316 posts, read 3,943,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
Your post is utter nonsense. None of the thing you mentioned are goint to harm you. Prolonged exposure, yes, but not a single fiber of asbestos, etc.,

Try to get real.
So explain exactly how you plan to be able to live forever? I missed that part. And if not, what do you think is going to kill you? I think you deliberately missed the point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2018, 12:58 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,840,491 times
If you stay out in the sun long enough you get skin cancer, lets ban the sun.

Old 09-10-2018, 01:09 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,560,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Following YOUR interpretation of that link then most of what you do on a daily basis is a privilege. Yes, WHERE people smoke can obviously be restricted BUT the act itself cannot otherwise (obviously) it would have been by now. The product is legal.
Well, until it is illegal.

Old 09-10-2018, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
So explain exactly how you plan to be able to live forever? I missed that part. And if not, what do you think is going to kill you? I think you deliberately missed the point.
Another asinine post. Nobody is going to live forever. Further, there was no point to miss or hit. Just silly statements so far out on the fringe as to be devoid of any possible meaningful contribution to the discussion.

BTW, there are levels of harm less than killing. Such as getting olfactory or respiratory distress, ruining clothes, or making the air so foul so as to deny normal people enjoyment or even access.

What I am saying, and it is entirely rational and reasonable is "keep your filthy stench to your filthy, stinking self".

Your right to use tobacco does NOT and should NOT include the right to foul the air others have a priority right (breathing is more important than recreational drug use) to use/enjoy.

Got it? If not, re-read until you do.

Old 09-10-2018, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
If you stay out in the sun long enough you get skin cancer, lets ban the sun.
Sure, go ahead.

Old 09-10-2018, 01:47 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,047,807 times
Quote:
Another asinine post. Nobody is going to live forever. Further, there was no point to miss or hit. Just silly statements so far out on the fringe as to be devoid of any possible meaningful contribution to the discussion.

BTW, there are levels of harm less than killing. Such as getting olfactory or respiratory distress, ruining clothes, or making the air so foul so as to deny normal people enjoyment or even access.

What I am saying, and it is entirely rational and reasonable is "keep your filthy stench to your filthy, stinking self".

Your right to use tobacco does NOT and should NOT include the right to foul the air others have a priority right (breathing is more important than recreational drug use) to use/enjoy.

Got it? If not, re-read until you do.
Ban all burning of anything then as the same "fouling" happens. Same with perfumes/colognes, y'all can keep your filthily stench to your filthy stinking self, maybe bathe more? Same with fireplaces,bbq's etc.

C'mon, let's hear what happens when you propose halting ANY burning of anything or adding smells that touches public air...

Old 09-10-2018, 01:49 PM

18,053 posts, read 27,507,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
Why is it that the harm from second-hand smoke is accepted as sound science but global warming is some leftist consipracy? I dont smoke and I dont care for smoke, but if someone wants to smoke, and it is in a public area or a "smoking section" they can. If there is a business that wants to cater to the smoker, I'll let the business know that I as a non smoker wont contribute to the business by being a patron and will let my non-smoker friends know.
Stop globally warming the planet, would you please?

Old 09-10-2018, 01:52 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,047,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
http://www.publichealthlawcenter.org...ution-2008.pdf

"Since smoking is not a specially protected constitutional right, the Constitution does not bar the passage of local, state, or federal smoke-free laws and other restrictions on smoking."
Quote:
Well, until it is illegal.
I bet y'all are part of the group that does the loud faux hacking cough and waves their arms like you're having some kind of spasm when you walk by a smoker who happens to be standing in one of the only places left for them to stand and smoke or, maybe one of those people who walk around with one of those surgical masks on all day like that'll save you...

Old 09-10-2018, 02:25 PM

5,798 posts, read 5,120,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I bet y'all are part of the group that does the loud faux hacking cough and waves their arms like you're having some kind of spasm when you walk by a smoker who happens to be standing in one of the only places left for them to stand and smoke or, maybe one of those people who walk around with one of those surgical masks on all day like that'll save you...
Honestly, those folks do make my day because they are really funny to watch......yes a bit dramatic. Cigarette smoke is obnoxious but as a non-smoker, I would still prefer it to a bout of bad BO at the gym from someone with overactive glands or a really bad fart let out by one in a group of teenage boys.....

Old 09-10-2018, 02:33 PM

1,066 posts, read 631,419 times
wish smoking got banned, or enforced heavily with steep fines in any public location outside of their house or car. that includes sidewalks, roads, beaches, trails, outside diners, gas stations etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies