Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 05:32 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,647,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Oh I think they're great decorators and fashion designers! They also make great hair stylist! Is that what you wanted to read?
This is certainly not a false statement. I do not personally know any gay hair stylists, but I work interior home construction and I come in contact with a lot of interior designers. And if it's a guy, nine times out of ten, he is gay. I wonder why they are so good at that type of job. Is it just natural for homosexuals to be very creative?

Sidenote: I really don't know which word is supposed to be OK these days. Is it OK to use gay or should I say homosexual? If I was talking to a gay person, I wouldn't use any of these labels. But since we are talking on a forum about homosexuality, I feel inclined to use discriptive wording.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 05:34 PM

9,762 posts, read 3,416,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
This is certainly not a false statement. I do not personally know any gay hair stylists, but I work interior home construction and I come in contact with a lot of interior designers. And if it's a guy, nine times out of ten, he is gay. I wonder why they are so good at that type of job. Is it just natural for homosexuals to be very creative?

Sidenote: I really don't know which word is supposed to be OK these days. Is it OK to use gay or should I say homosexual? If I was talking to a gay person, I wouldn't use any of these labels. But since we are talking on a forum about homosexuality, I feel inclined to use discriptive wording.
Sounds like you're stereotyping to me.. just my two cents.. while it may be true from your experience.. I think it's a mistake to generalize.

Old 02-26-2009, 05:38 PM

240 posts, read 352,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by who?me?! View Post
i think a special forum should be started (seperate from this one!!!!!)

here's some title suggestions.....

"gay obsessed!"

"posters who can't stop thinking and talking about homosexuals"

"the sickly obsessed with gays poster "

"posters who think the only issue in america is "gays"""

""can't stop discussing gays help group"

"gay gay gay gay gay "

"sick obsessions about things that don't affect you""

"mentally stagnating "

gee! I forgot to add the "gay animal thread"

""gay philodendrons"

"how do you feel about gays celebrating christmas? Easter?

"""what if popeye was gay?""

"posters lack of own life leads to obsession with gays!"""
lmao

Old 02-26-2009, 05:39 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,538,276 times
Was just being sarcastic. The OP asked an open ended question with no direction.

Old 02-26-2009, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Was just being sarcastic. The OP asked an open ended question with no direction.
I got that..

Old 02-26-2009, 05:42 PM

1,077 posts, read 2,633,668 times
Straight republican parent of four boys here. I grew up having the Good Book read every night and to this day close everyday by reading said book. I believe in it and try my best to live by it. The Bible specifically states that homosexuality is wrong. I'm not going to contridict the Bible to my children and say being gay is "okay". I want to see my four sons grow up go to college and marry the woman of their dreams. Fanasty world, yes I know, but it doesn't hurt to hope. I have never in my life ever had homosexual tendencies nor my spouse who is by the way a burly mountain man who logs around 1500 trees a day. I do know two openly gay people and we have an understanding that homosexuality is never to be discussed in my house and most certainly NEVER EVER around my children. Leave my property and discuss away. Don't bring it to our schools, don't blatently display public affection with your soul-mate in front of children. When I take my children to town for a family day and end our day trying to explain to my two youngest sons (9-10) why two guys were kissing and holding hands in the mall, then I start to spit fire. It is not socially acceptable, especially here in Montana. Children should never be subjected to the gay way of life. The look on my sons faces were of utter disgust. Should they have witnessed this display when they are older I doubt the would have reacted in such a way.

Old 02-26-2009, 05:43 PM

2,403 posts, read 5,242,261 times
I think homosexually obsessed heterosexuals should just shut up and mind their own business. They should get their own house in order before bitching and whining about how others conduct their personal affairs.

Old 02-26-2009, 05:43 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,666,399 times
I am the mother of two daughters. One is straight and one is gay. They are equal in my eyes, yet unique in their own special ways. One daughter is brunette, brown eyed, a very social person, and gay. My other daughter is blonde, blue eyed, shy, and straight. They are simply who they are in their own special ways. Their sexual orientation is only a very, very small part of the whole human being that each is.

Wouldn't it be very, very boring if we were all just clones of one another?

Old 02-26-2009, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geos View Post
I think homosexually obsessed heterosexuals should just shut up and mind their own business. They should get their own house in order before bitching and whining about how others conduct their personal affairs.
eh.. you're prob against homosexual marriage.. if you don't wanna discuss.. then why don't u shut it?

Old 02-26-2009, 05:47 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,647,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaGrrrl View Post
Sounds like you're stereotyping to me.. just my two cents.. while it may be true from your experience.. I think it's a mistake to generalize.
Seems like you are trying to cause a problem when there was no ill intent. It is not a stereotype to express your personal experience. Do you work in the field I mentioned? Did I say "all gay people are extremely creative?" No, I did not. What I said was 9 times out of 10 the male designers I meet on the job are gay. That is not a stereotype, that is factual information from an informed source who happens to come across these people on a regular basis because of his profession. Would I be stereotyping black people if I said, "From my experience, 9 times out of 10 the black guys are better at basketball than the white guys?" No, I would simply be stating a fact based on my experience which happens to coincide with actual truth.

Why you thought it prudent to attack a perfectly innocent statement I don't know. But you should be aware that this sort of behavior is what I am talking about. You want to attack me because I have my own views and experiences involving gay people. I have the right to my own mind as well as the right to share information. You took it the way you wanted because I suppose you feel you must get offended when anyone talks about gay people. You do not always have to be combative. We are not all against you. It was purely an observation based on experience. Not a stereotype.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies