Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 08:19 AM

54 posts, read 226,501 times

Advertisements

Fireworks Company to Long Island Town: No Christmas, No Fireworks

Thank you Grucci!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2008, 08:37 AM

1,700 posts, read 3,424,499 times
Good job Mr. Butler. The Anti-Christmas is seeping in everywhere. The East Islip Library last year had no Christmas trees anywhere in sight but a menorah was prominently displayed on the front check out desk. The war on Christianity is completely out in the open. What possessed the town of Patch. to change after 15 years??

Old 12-11-2008, 01:44 PM

964 posts, read 2,462,860 times
Look, the attacts on Christians and Christmas will continue unless we speak up. Don't be afraid to speak up. Tell people...ALL people...Merry Christmas this year. It doesn't matter their race, religion, ethnicity, etc. Wish them a Merry Christmas.

You haven't told them to F Off. If someone of the Jewish faith wished me a Happy Hannukah, I wouldn't mind at all. He didn't just flip me off.

Just be vocal and don't let yourself be censored anymore by these Orwellian political correctness police.

Old 12-11-2008, 02:48 PM

852 posts, read 2,017,612 times
Default Oh, god. I'm so tired of this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnieD27 View Post
But I won't stop fighting.

It isn't the job of a public institution to promote a religious holiday.

Sorry, folks!

Old 12-11-2008, 02:53 PM

Default The poor Christians!

Quote:
Originally Posted by azzurrony View Post
Look, the attacts on Christians and Christmas will continue unless we speak up. Don't be afraid to speak up. Tell people...ALL people...Merry Christmas this year. It doesn't matter their race, religion, ethnicity, etc. Wish them a Merry Christmas.

You haven't told them to F Off. If someone of the Jewish faith wished me a Happy Hannukah, I wouldn't mind at all. He didn't just flip me off.

Just be vocal and don't let yourself be censored anymore by these Orwellian political correctness police.
By the way, I'm a Christian.

Evidently, Christianity won't survive without the help of government. It needs the nanny state to support it!

I wasn't aware of that. I didn't know that Christianity was so weak that it would collapse unless a plastic illuminated manger scene was spiked into the front of city hall.

Oh the poor Christians! They've only had, um, every single president in the countries history! They only have ministers giving prayer and benedictions before inaugurations.

Old 12-11-2008, 02:57 PM

Default War on Christianity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc99 View Post
Good job Mr. Butler. The Anti-Christmas is seeping in everywhere. The East Islip Library last year had no Christmas trees anywhere in sight but a menorah was prominently displayed on the front check out desk. The war on Christianity is completely out in the open. What possessed the town of Patch. to change after 15 years??
I'm sorry, but I'm not aware of this war.

Maybe the signs of the war are the tinseled bells and stars that mark my way home?

Maybe the signs of the war is the Christ-mas music in nearly every store?

Maybe the signs of war are the Christmas trees next to each menorah that dwarf the menorah.

Maybe the war against Christmas is the morphing of Hanukah into a gift-giving holiday?

I wasn't at all aware that for Christians to feel safe in worshipping their god they needed $7.00/hour Macy's sales staff to welcome Jews by saying "Merry Christmas!"

I'm sorry. I just don't get it.

But I'm sure it says somewhere in the Holy Scripture just why it is that faith needs to be buttressed by half hearted expressions of Christianity during sales transactions.

Old 12-11-2008, 02:59 PM

Default Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by azzurrony View Post

Why would you tell a Jew "Merry Christmas?"

Why is avoiding that "Orwellian?" Isn't it just being polite?

Old 12-11-2008, 04:02 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,173,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPool1998 View Post
But I won't stop fighting.

It isn't the job of a public institution to promote a religious holiday.

Sorry, folks!

ahem...

Federal Holiday.

crooks

Old 12-11-2008, 04:05 PM

Default Federal Holiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
ahem...

Federal Holiday.

crooks
That means that the federal government closes down in recognition of a day during which everyone would stay home anyway. That's not formal recognition of Christ as savior.

That the government closes down does not necessitate Christian iconography on the front lawn of a fire house.

Old 12-11-2008, 04:11 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,173,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPool1998 View Post
That means that the federal government closes down in recognition of a day during which everyone would stay home anyway. That's not formal recognition of Christ as savior.

That the government closes down does not necessitate Christian iconography on the front lawn of a fire house.

Still a Federal holiday.

Grucci can spend his money how he sees fit.

crooks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies