Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 06:32 AM

2,600 posts, read 2,325,503 times

Advertisements

read the thread, where this was mentioned, and YOU WILL SEE, IT WASN'T ME.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
no.

then again, i'm not the one skeptical that it was arson.

that would be you.

Last edited by katzenfreund; 12-16-2008 at 07:15 AM.. Reason: no insults please
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2008, 06:52 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,084,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
This is not just in Alaska. The Christian church is "under fire" all over. There have been several church fires in the South. I find some of your posts really interesting. It is a sad day when churches have to have security inside the buildings and the parking lot. I remember when church doors were left open so people could go inside and pray when they wanted to.
You are right.We had more than a few incidents of Church fires/vandalism in this area a couple of years ago,but the idiots were finally caught and as far as I know they are still "on vacation" in the state pen.Graveyard vandalism ran rampant here for awhile too and this fall when I went out to the cemetary where my dad is buried there were broken beer bottles everywhere on the headstones(gave me and my daughter something to do together cleaning their mess up).No respect for anything and nothing is sacred anymore.

Old 12-16-2008, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
read the thread, where this was mentioned, and YOU WILL SEE, IT WASN'T ME.
It was me.I was skeptical in the beginning,but that comes from years of hearing so many lies and jumping on a bandwagon and later finding out that the wagon really had no wheels.

Last edited by katzenfreund; 12-16-2008 at 07:15 AM..

Old 12-16-2008, 06:58 AM

877 posts, read 2,077,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
It was me.I was skeptical in the beginning,but that comes from years of hearing so many lies and jumping on a bandwagon and later finding out that the wagon really had no wheels.
You must've voted for Obama.

I really don't have any sympathy for you, it was obvious that he was an empty suit from the beginning.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:07 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,787,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
This is not just in Alaska. The Christian church is "under fire" all over. There have been several church fires in the South. I find some of your posts really interesting. It is a sad day when churches have to have security inside the buildings and the parking lot. I remember when church doors were left open so people could go inside and pray when they wanted to.
When I was a teen ager our church burnt to the ground. No press, no hoopla, no real explanation why, no conspiracy theories needed TYVM. A warehouse was donated temporarily to conduct services, which later evolved as a low cost lease during reconstruction. We came through just fine without any material trappings. IMO it strengthened the resolve of the congregation who tended to natter on about petty issues or plague the pews with relentless gossip.

Many cities have seen theft of religious articles on the rise since the 70's (sacred scrolls, altar relics, chalices, rosary) which has nothing to do with christianity specifically. Jewish & Hindu temples also had to lock their doors. The articles stolen were thought to have monetary value and in some cases they do for serious collectors. Anyone religious care to hold collectors responsible for sponsoring crime or are you content to believe propaganda sold?

WorldWide Religious News-Russian Orthodox church stolen _ brick by brick
Greek church pleads for recovery of $18,000 worth of stolen items
Religious scrolls stolen from synagogue | News articles | EveryBlock New York City
Religious statue stolen from Filipino center - 5/08/08 - New York News and Tri-State News - 7online.com
RDN Article: Religious Items Worth Thousands Stolen from Hindu Temple in Penn
RDN Article: Hindu Temple Ransacked, Religious Items Stolen (Fiji)
Head, hands of religious icon stolen - INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos

That said, perhaps it's high time American Christians take a good look at how they fail to stand up for religious freedom of others when persecution rears it's ugly head.
PERSECUTION OF BUDDHISTS
RDN Article: France: Graves of Muslim War Veterans Defaced (France)
RDN Article: Hate Crimes Committed Against 2 NJ Sikhs (New Jersey)
RDN Article: 2 Plead Guilty to Firebombing Tennessee Mosque (Tennessee)

Old 12-16-2008, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman0 View Post
You must've voted for Obama.

I really don't have any sympathy for you, it was obvious that he was an empty suit from the beginning.
What are you even rambling on about???? Sympathy? Empty suits? I, like you,havent a clue what you are refering to here.

Old 12-16-2008, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Part of it is easy,I just can't figure the other part out yet.Just so everyone knows ,UB DID NOT post that.

Old 12-16-2008, 12:06 PM

631 posts, read 1,886,597 times
You know I could care less about the politics of anyone who attended the church. There is no excuse for what happened and the worst is that there were children inside. Who ever did something so disgusting and dangerous needs to be punished to the full extent of the law.

Old 12-16-2008, 12:35 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,787,059 times
blue crime should be blind to politics but the implications were made about whole swaths of people. I also don't believe a maniac setting fire to a black church where some girls burned to death represents republicans but of course they don't have to suffer the smears they've regularly offered liberals. I don't care for that talk from either extreme.

Old 12-16-2008, 03:45 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Before we go jumping off the deep end again, keep in mind we (or at least I) do not know who set this fire. It could have been a bunch of kids with no particular religious or political axe to grind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies