Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2008, 07:35 PM

1 posts, read 780 times

Advertisements

From General Debates thread:
I ask this all the time. How do at such a low grade level you say homosexuality is acceptable and then a few years down the road teach them about evolution and natural selection. The one major thing in evolution that is so accepted is natural selection which requires propagation. Now I know the human mind is amazing in it's ability to adapt but even if the gay movement was an evolution of the human mind it still has no way to propagate.

My response:To the above post, the truth is every animal species ALWAYS HAD GAY MEMBERS in it, except for the asexual species. I can see it being part of evolution and natural selection as a way to prevent overpopulation, which is a good thing.

It does have a way to procreate by artificial insemination. There is also adoption.
If someone is gay or bisexual, whatever, they should still be allowed to be responsible, contributing members to society, so why should people fuel hatred.
-------------
I personally dont agree with it in my lifestyle but what is bad for me could be good for someone else.
The problem with the world now is it seems like such a novelty and its being sensationalized (the topic) while it has always been natural. Humans have created oppressive systems and now some people and countries are trying to reclaim these rights. I hate how homosexuality is being used as a political statement. I think its amoral when people use the term "that's so gay" and making this issue so public.

Sexuality should be a private matter and be manifested into responsible civil bonds between people. Too bad a good number of current and past societies only catered this to straights and not gays and bisexuals.

Now if u disagree with it, then that's an EVEN BIGGER REASON for why you should give gay and bi people more responsibilities and ways of contributing to society instead of grouping them as "indecent people" Most gays I met are much nicer and greater people than straights, which is amazing considering how intolerant this world is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies