Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2008, 11:49 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
You know, not all sterilization methods are permanent. There are temporary forms of sterilization. They could get sterilized while on welfare, then come off of it once they become self sufficient.

What I would like to see is people who go on welfare made to sign an agreement that they won't have any more kids, and if they do have kids while on the dole, that their amount of compensation won't increase. I mean anyone, regardless of race or sex. Tough? Yes. But IMHO it's the only way to stop the permanent leeches like the one in Flint posted earlier.
There are no "temporary" forms of sterilization. Reversal can be attempted, but any sterilization procedure should be considered permanent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2008, 11:53 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,220,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar of Tontitown, Ark., had their eighteenth child Thursday – Jordyn-Grace Makiya, who joins the rest of her J-named siblings.

Jordyn-Grace was born via C-section at Mercy Medical Center in Rogers, weeks before her due date of Jan. 1. She weighed in at 7 lbs, 3 oz and was 20 inches long.

Duggar Family Welcomes 18th (!) Child - Babies : People.com
I'm just not a fan of the Duggars. They seem very, very weird. It's as though there's a certain arrogance attached to seeing how many children they can have.

Old 12-21-2008, 06:05 AM

3,089 posts, read 8,510,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveTodayLez08 View Post
There are plenty of kids out there now who need homes.
This is the thing that pisses me off. People will spend thousands of dollars for IVF, surrogate mothers,etc to have a baby of their own instead of putting that cash to a kid who is here and needs a home.

People say crap like the wait is so long. Oh,so the other methods you are taking will be any quicker? Besides the wait for blacks are not that long. Oh wait blacks are defected and nobody wants them so they come up with excuses they want a blended family and go to another country to pick up an asian.

Then there are those that say the kids could have so many problems. Yes, that may be true but no child susceptible from having problems and being trouble even the child with the best up bringing could end up a killer.

Sorry for going off the deep but it just rips me to shreds when people say they are trying really hard for a baby and the news has these orphan children pleading for families doing tricks like dogs.

Old 12-21-2008, 08:09 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
This is the thing that pisses me off. People will spend thousands of dollars for IVF, surrogate mothers,etc to have a baby of their own instead of putting that cash to a kid who is here and needs a home.

People say crap like the wait is so long. Oh,so the other methods you are taking will be any quicker? Besides the wait for blacks are not that long. Oh wait blacks are defected and nobody wants them so they come up with excuses they want a blended family and go to another country to pick up an asian.

Then there are those that say the kids could have so many problems. Yes, that may be true but no child susceptible from having problems and being trouble even the child with the best up bringing could end up a killer.

Sorry for going off the deep but it just rips me to shreds when people say they are trying really hard for a baby and the news has these orphan children pleading for families doing tricks like dogs.
Do you have any idea how hard it is to adopt a child these days? Inter-racial adoption is "discouraged" to say the least in the US. It is not that the adoptive parents don't want to adopt a child of another race, it's that the adoption agency won't place one with them. We went through this process before we got pregnant, and even 25 years ago, the adoption agencies would not place a Hispanic child with a Caucausian couple. I asked, "Why not? It would look just like me!" (I have dark hair and eyes.)

I have beeen asked if my own kids, a blonde and a redhead, are "mine", which proves another point that adoption agencies miss, no one knows what's in the gene pool Kids don't always look like their parents. And with more interracial marriages these days, biological kids are not always the same race as the parents.

Old 12-21-2008, 09:56 AM

94 posts, read 126,608 times
Quote:
You are placing the blame on couples who didn't even have the unwanted child who was given up for adoption.

The issue should be who are these parents who are giving up children rather than why are these children not being adopted?

Quote:
True, there are many Blacks available for adoption in the U.S. But Blacks are disproportionally represented in nearly every social ill. There was a 20/20 on adoption once and broken down by race, Blacks were about on par with Whites for the number of children available for adoption, with Hispanics slightly less. Thus both Blacks & Hispanics were over-represented in children waiting for adoption, but they both also have higher birth rates and out of wedlock children so it makes sense.

There are more Blacks put up for adoption, more Blacks receiving abortion, disproportional amounts of Blacks on welfare, 12% Black population commits 52% of all homicide, ridiculous aids rates, etc etc... This is a cultural issue you are blaming people for not adopting these children, why not blame the African-American culture where out of wedlock birth is rampant and the fathers are almost always gone by the child's birth?

I mean, there is only so much Whitey can do. Look at Africa, many society's in Africa have men with 9 wives and 30 kids. That's how they live, in absolute squalor where sexual promiscuity is rampant and having dozens of children you can't afford is the command of the day.

Quote:
How many children have you adopted?

Many people want to raise a child that is of their own, that looks like them and has their genes, not some random unwanted bastard child that a *****-mother gave up because she was knocked up one night.

Old 12-21-2008, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Do you have any idea how hard it is to adopt a child these days? Inter-racial adoption is "discouraged" to say the least in the US. It is not that the adoptive parents don't want to adopt a child of another race, it's that the adoption agency won't place one with them. We went through this process before we got pregnant, and even 25 years ago, the adoption agencies would not place a Hispanic child with a Caucausian couple. I asked, "Why not? It would look just like me!" (I have dark hair and eyes.) .
I know it's hard but so is going through other methods like I stated. IVF it takes the average couple 3 cycles to go through before it takes. Then there is surrogacy where all sorts of issues can arise with the surrogate mother. I mean no matter what route you take it is going to be hard there is no easy way because if it was easy you wouldn't need alternative methods to have a kid would you? That's why I feel instead of wasting time and money with those other options to get a kid just go through the struggle and adopt.

I have never heard anyone say they would adopt outside of their race so from my understanding it is up to the parents. I am always told that the couples want a kid that looks like them.

Old 12-21-2008, 11:04 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
I have never heard anyone say they would adopt outside of their race so from my understanding it is up to the parents. I am always told that the couples want a kid that looks like them.
I must respectfully disagree.

My wife and I are white. Some years ago, we became foster parents to, then, a young, very scared, black girl. She is now our daughter - the adoption was finalized about a month ago - after a dozen years with us (she is now 18).

Old 12-21-2008, 11:14 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times
Quote:
I know it's hard but so is going through other methods like I stated. IVF it takes the average couple 3 cycles to go through before it takes. Then there is surrogacy where all sorts of issues can arise with the surrogate mother. I mean no matter what route you take it is going to be hard there is no easy way because if it was easy you wouldn't need alternative methods to have a kid would you? That's why I feel instead of wasting time and money with those other options to get a kid just go through the struggle and adopt.

Then you aren't being given the straight scoop. There are thousands of parents that would be only to happy to adopt "outside of their race" but are not given the opportunity to do so. In fact it is WRITTEN in the social workers association mission statment that adoption outside the race is to be discouraged. Anyone who has ever read my posts on this forum know that I am as far from being a racist as it is possible to be. But I do take exception to the policies of the black social workers association that fights tooth and nail against placing a black child in a white home. They honestly believe it better for a child who is black to stay in the foster system than to go to a permanent home that is made up of two white parents.

My sister and her husband finally had to go over seas to India to adopt a little girl and believe me she doesn't look anything like them. Still this beautiful little girl managed to grow up loved, secure, and happy. She is a 30 year old nurse now who is married and has a little boy of her own. And, to look at her, she is as dark skinned as any African American so I doubt very much the results would have been different had it been an AA child that was adopted.

Think things are different now? Not really. I have a young friend whose husband is a well to do, respected businessman. They own a beautiful home and my friend and her husband are two of the kindess, most loving people you would ever meet. They have been trying desperately to adopt through the foster system. They stated in their application that they would be very happy to adopt an older child of any race. They had been approved, thought it was all set up, had even furnished and decorated a lovely room for the 9 year old girl they thought was going to be their daughter. But the social workers fought it to a standstill because they did not want a black child going to a white home. They have given up now after 3 years of fighting for this child because it has been made clear that their race will always be the deciding factor and they can't change that.

I could go on and on telling you many stories of how adoption is made ridiculously impossible for thousands of couples who would make wonderful parents. And when you add to those the many who had adopted a child only to have the birth mom change her mind right before the adoption became final and taken the child back, you can see why adoption is not always a viable option for people.

Old 12-21-2008, 11:22 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,929,238 times
Part of the Duggars religeous doctrine is; "those who don't belong to their church will not go to heaven"....the other dictrine is: "procreating is doing Gods' work, so procreate 24/7 and you're on your way to the pearly gates"

BTW: These Zionists think Warren Jeffes is a martre.

Old 12-21-2008, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
<snip>
Interesting to know I never knew that it was a rule for parents to not adopt outside of their race I was always informed by people looking to adopt they wouldn't feel comfortable doing so.

I understand what you mean about it being hard but people who want children need to start changing the system and the way it runs because this is human lives in essence and more is being done about animals without a home then children. All the people that go through hell to adopt should be more vocal about this. Such a shame like I said.

Back on topic:
Funny thing about the Duggars is from my understanding nobody on Jim Bobs side is Quiverful and the same with Michelle. They showed their family on one of the specials and the family dressed normal and did not adhere to the rules Michelle and Jim Bob does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies