Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 08:00 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,603,163 times

Advertisements

what is everyone's opinion on that statement? Is that a democracy? Laura Bush stated this on a talk show 2 years ago, with a little smirk.

Old 03-04-2007, 08:47 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,140,391 times
When the head of the 'free' world keeps secrets, there is no free world. This administration has spent hundreds of millions of dollars to keep its activities under wraps, including meetings with big contributors at the White House. Remember when Cheney claimed his meetings with big oil were his to keep secret because of his executive authority, and remember how the Bush energy plan (a public policy mind you) was a direct result of these meetings? Unfortunately, Cheney won the lawsuit to keep the list of attendees secret, and I'll bet there was a lot of secrecy in that process.

Secrecy is supported by two types of people: those who believe in enemies, and those who commit crimes. Neither group belongs in the White House.

Old 03-04-2007, 08:49 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,989,349 times
When Laura Bush was on Jay Leno back in 2004, he asked her:
Leno: "When was the last time you and your husband had a disagreement on an issue?"

Mrs. Bush answered: "Jay, what happens in the White House stays in the White House."

If you go back to toward the beginning of that interview, Jay Leno asked her:

Leno: "Now, you were in Las Vegas last night, I imagine partying until dawn? Did you gamble at all while you were there? Did you pull a slot machine? Did you go to a Chippendales show?:

Mrs. Bush replied: "Jay, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas."

Clearly she was having fun and it was humor, nothing sinister! You can read the transcript of the whole interview at http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...040519-18.html

Old 03-04-2007, 08:19 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,496,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
what is everyone's opinion on that statement? Is that a democracy? Laura Bush stated this on a talk show 2 years ago, with a little smirk.

Evidently what happens in Midland,Tx stays in Midland,Tx as well, this police report was kept under wraps for 37 years before it was made public in 2000. I'm wondering why no charges were filed against her.

In 1963 Laura Bush was involved in a fatal car accident when she ran a stop sign and crashed into another car, killing a friend and classmate, Michael Dutton Douglas, who was driving the other car. According to the two-page accident report released by the city of Midland, neither driver was drinking, and no charges were filed.

Old 03-04-2007, 08:19 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,603,163 times
Talking agreed-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
When the head of the 'free' world keeps secrets, there is no free world. This administration has spent hundreds of millions of dollars to keep its activities under wraps, including meetings with big contributors at the White House. Remember when Cheney claimed his meetings with big oil were his to keep secret because of his executive authority, and remember how the Bush energy plan (a public policy mind you) was a direct result of these meetings? Unfortunately, Cheney won the lawsuit to keep the list of attendees secret, and I'll bet there was a lot of secrecy in that process.

Secrecy is supported by two types of people: those who believe in enemies, and those who commit crimes. Neither group belongs in the White House.
Thanks. As for the next post; it still seems a bit sinister. Maybe its just me; maybe I am remembering that James Bond movie again with the villain=Dick Cheney.

Old 03-04-2007, 08:43 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,260,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
When Laura Bush was on Jay Leno back in 2004, he asked her:
Leno: "When was the last time you and your husband had a disagreement on an issue?"

Mrs. Bush answered: "Jay, what happens in the White House stays in the White House."

If you go back to toward the beginning of that interview, Jay Leno asked her:

Leno: "Now, you were in Las Vegas last night, I imagine partying until dawn? Did you gamble at all while you were there? Did you pull a slot machine? Did you go to a Chippendales show?:

Mrs. Bush replied: "Jay, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas."

Clearly she was having fun and it was humor, nothing sinister! You can read the transcript of the whole interview at http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...040519-18.html
Thank you for the voice of reason. They really have to dig deep. . .

Old 03-04-2007, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
Thank you for the voice of reason. They really have to dig deep. . .
Regardless of taking the quote from a comic interlude on Jay Leno, the quote still speaks volumes about the current administration. No, we don't have to dig deep for evidence of secrecy, but we do have to dig deep for the truth. Try Google-ing the rape charge filed against Bush in 2001 that no media in the US covered, but which was covered in media outside the US. The victim didn't last long, she died less than one year later, her marriage and life shattered.

Secrets and lies, the foundation of our current administration (though it's not the only one).

Old 03-04-2007, 09:22 PM

52 posts, read 188,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
maybe she left out a word.....bedroom

Old 03-04-2007, 09:39 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,260,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Regardless of taking the quote from a comic interlude on Jay Leno, the quote still speaks volumes about the current administration. No, we don't have to dig deep for evidence of secrecy, but we do have to dig deep for the truth. Try Google-ing the rape charge filed against Bush in 2001 that no media in the US covered, but which was covered in media outside the US. The victim didn't last long, she died less than one year later, her marriage and life shattered.

Secrets and lies, the foundation of our current administration (though it's not the only one).
You are mistaken the libs have the lock on secrecy and cover ups, don't even get me started: White Water, the supposed suicide, Monica Gate,and then of course there is the travesty of Ted Kennedy and the girl he let drown. . . oh please, I am surprised even those that post on this thread even dare to go there. You people are definately delusional! Good night, i will leave you all to your coverups and secrets!

Old 03-04-2007, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
You are mistaken the libs have the lock on secrecy and cover ups, don't even get me started: White Water, the supposed suicide, Monica Gate,and then of course there is the travesty of Ted Kennedy and the girl he let drown. . . oh please, I am surprised even those that post on this thread even dare to go there. You people are definately delusional! Good night, i will leave you all to your coverups and secrets!
Did you not read the last line of my post? I'm not saying Bush has a lock on secrecy, but it is more prevalent now than in any other administration. I make no excuses for the Clinton years, nor for any other Presidency. The world cannot be placed into two neat buckets like you're inferring.

How on Earth is this DELUSIONAL? The reality is that our 'free' government is the most secret one out there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies