Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 09:56 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,460,618 times

Advertisements

Liberals have a tendency to invent stupid things. Like the internet (not the real internet, just El Goro's version), homosexuality, gray areas in matters where there ARE moral absolutes, political correctness, etc.

But probably the dumbest invention ever created by a liberal was the notion that they somehow have this mythical "open-mind" that causes them to be better human beings than the rest of us "narrow-minded" (simpletons). But your open mind is my laughter, for what goes in your open mind makes you a fool.

"Merely having an open mind is nothing; the object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid."

Old 12-26-2008, 10:01 PM

273 posts, read 342,876 times
I am a freethinker. That is, I don't need a limbaugh, hannity, coulter, etc to tell me how to think, or talk.

Old 12-26-2008, 10:03 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
But probably the dumbest invention ever created by a liberal was the notion that they somehow have this mythical "open-mind" that causes them to be better human beings than the rest of us "narrow-minded" (simpletons). But your open mind is my laughter, for what goes in your open mind makes you a fool.
Liberals preach love, tolerance, diversity of opinion, but it's all a lie. They are some of the most intolerant people I have ever met. They cannot stand that others have an opposing ideology.

Old 12-26-2008, 10:04 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chauncy View Post
I am a freethinker. That is, I don't need a limbaugh, hannity, coulter, etc to tell me how to think, or talk.
Neither do I. I am a free-thinking conservative with republican leanings and do not listen to Limbaugh, hannity or coulter nor do I use only one media source for all of my news. I analyze issues from both the liberal and conservative angles and have found conservative ideas make much more logical sense and less reliant on emotional rantings.

Old 12-26-2008, 10:05 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Liberals preach love, tolerance, diversity of opinion, but it's all a lie. They are some of the most intolerant people I have ever met. They cannot stand that others have an opposing ideology.
They think that opposing idealogy is pure idiocy and that they hold the patents on truth.

Old 12-26-2008, 10:06 PM

2,195 posts, read 3,641,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
Liberals have a tendency to invent stupid things. like ...homosexuality
And at that point, what little purpose one might have found in reading the rest ended, because you, who are decrying the lack of open-mindedness among others are illustrating your own prejudices loudly and clearly.

Why pay attention to little things like homosexuality's existing in animals, not just humans, or having been around for thousands of years, or being nature-based, not nurture, when one can have pithy statements of wrongly placed blame?

Old 12-26-2008, 10:07 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,194,634 times
"To All those with an open mind shut them", Sounds someone "commanding" others to do something. Since from this post it can be extrapolated that people with open minds are merely fools and that it is just some recent liberal invention, the we can fairly safely assume that this post is not about creating discussion, it is a statement made by a closed minded person. Being as such, then it can also be reasoned that only a fool would argue with a closed minded person who is convinced their statements and beliefs are thus true so that would mean this post is little more than trolling for a reactionary response as opposed to discussing a topic.

So here is some homework... Tell me why I should leave this thread open if a closed minded person is only using it to make generalized statements about positions they disagree with since obvious there is no hope of discussion with people who already know it all, right?

Old 12-26-2008, 10:08 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
object of an open mind is to shut it on something? like closing my eyes to an oncoming train wreak?
you mean like shut up and do as i say.
no thanks
we did that for the last 8 years
no more.
we open mind people will now try to repair the closed mind damage.

Old 12-26-2008, 10:09 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
So here is some homework... Tell me why I should leave this thread open if a closed minded person is only using it to make generalized statements about positions they disagree with since obvious there is no hope of discussion with people who already know it all, right?
Because you will enjoy the coming trainwreck?

Old 12-26-2008, 10:15 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Because you will enjoy the coming trainwreck?
Right, exactly the reaction the OP was hoping for. Clearly, this thread was started to cause an outcry amongst certain people...real fun, hey? No discussion, no real arguing, just an outright statement about how stupid all those liberals are....THAT is close-minded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies