Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 06:52 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethetruth View Post
ignore him all you want, but don't get pissy when someone doesnt try to explain themselves, He deserves to give either of you any more effort, you are just hell bent on the homo lifestyle and don't want to hear any different.
Ha ha ha! Now the real person stands up! You innocently post things and express your hope to educate people, then ignore the overwhelming evidence to the contrary, and finally expose yourself to us in the form of an anti-gay rant!

Of course we gays don't want to hear any different. We didn't ask anyone's opinions of us and we're not in need of any help. But some people do need help and should seek the proper avenue for recovery. Being gay isn't the problem. Hating yourself is.

Edit: I see you want to see if there are any ex-gays out there. That's a good starting point and I wish you well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2009, 07:07 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,696,184 times
Firstly,as a gay man, I assure you that if it were possible to not be gay, there would be no gays. I would be first in line to change my sexuality if it were possible. No more having to hide my sexuality when I first meet people, no more losing 'friends' when they find out Im gay, no more talking viciously behind my back (is he or isnt he), I could have children, live unnoticed and not worried about people talking about, and I would have the same rights as anybody else. No more vicious attacks on message boards. BUT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Im gay and it wont change. So I have to make the most of it. be who I am and do what I do. Appreciate myself and try to forget the rest (as hard as it is)

You say you want to meet ex-gays...but how does one measure who is and who isnt a successful ex-gay? If someone looks outwardly heterosexual (married with kids) but still fantasizs about platanos hermosos are they ex-gay? Or worse still, like in the majority of cases the married guys hang around public toilets looking for action>?

What is the difference between an ex-gay and an a gay in denial? food for thought eh?

Old 01-03-2009, 08:57 AM

512 posts, read 712,766 times
Quote:
No I am not. I was born straight, then turned almost gay. The only difference is I caught it in time before it developed into full blown homosexuality.
This is the most ridiculous statement I have ever heard. How can you turn almost gay? Did you kiss some guys, everything but? Chances are that if you are into women and were also into guys that you are just BI. You shouldn't be ashamed of yourself because it is perfectly normal. I also don't think you should be on the boards making people feel bad about themselves just because of the way they were born. You may say you are trying to understand, but it looks to me like you are severely confused.

I really do think that you should get some help and I'm not trying to be mean. And please don't seek help from the clergy they are not qualified to give you psychiatric advice. I wish you all the luck and hope someday you can accept yourself and stop taking it out on others.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:53 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,641,953 times
Quote:
You don't have to be gay, just find a woman that is compatible with you, and then pledge your fidelity to her. Don't marry the first woman you meet, and don't marry just so you can have a cover for your political career. Marry her because you love her, and hope and pray she has as much integrity as you do.
Yeah, and hope and pray she doesn't mind the fact that you are not physically attracted to her and sex is something that you clearly detest. Because that is the fair thing to do, isn't it?

Old 01-03-2009, 09:58 AM

791 posts, read 1,434,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
There is no such thing as ex-gay. You may be thinking of bisexual.

You are born with your sexual orientation hard-wired into your brain and have no more choice in the temperament the Creator gave you than you do in where you are born, who your parents are, whether you are male or female, or what color your skin is.

Homosexuality, in other words, is not a "lifestyle" as you so quaintly put it, which would imply that there was a choice.

You are who you are.
I really don't agree. I think being gay is a product of a number of factors, just like various other sexual tastes. I don't think you have a choice about it, but I do think that there are both gay and straight people who might have gone the other way, if their life experiences had led them that way.

Old 01-03-2009, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCardSteve View Post
I really don't agree. I think being gay is a product of a number of factors, just like various other sexual tastes. I don't think you have a choice about it, but I do think that there are both gay and straight people who might have gone the other way, if their life experiences had led them that way.
I love how people who are obviously not gay can form opinions and believe things on something they have never experienced or known. Its like when someone on the phone who never has seen you tries to describe your features.

Old 01-03-2009, 11:11 AM

709 posts, read 1,498,804 times
Then don't be gay.

Free will FTW!

Old 01-03-2009, 11:45 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,569,354 times
Quote:
No I am not. I was born straight, then turned almost gay. The only difference is I caught it in time before it developed into full blown homosexuality.
I don't believe you have explained how you were "almost" gay.

Old 01-03-2009, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I don't believe you have explained how you were "almost" gay.
Hold on a minute, ive just put a coffee on - this is gonna be good :0

Come to think of it, what a good movie title - "Almost gay"

Last edited by tropical87; 01-03-2009 at 12:14 PM..

Old 01-03-2009, 12:13 PM

37,227 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCardSteve View Post
I am straight and have always been, and am really not qualified to try to tell you how an individual who is gay feels or thinks. I have been married for 31 years and have three grown children.

I will say, I have a number of gay friends and I don't know any of them who would tell you anything other than what I said - You are what you are because the Creator intended for you to be that way. Bisexual, yes, straight or gay yes, totally uninterested in sex with anyone, yes, ex-gay - don't make them laugh. You may be back in the closet, but you cannot change the temperament you were given, nor should you.

If you believe that a gay individual can think or pray or undergo enough psychoanalysis or counselling to become straight, then you also believe that you (presuming you are straight) would be able to change your own sexual orientation so that you are attracted to members of your own sex.

Could you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies