Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2009, 08:11 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,638,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
Jesse and Al seem to think they represent the blacks and nobody disputes this. Just look at the amount of supporters and power they have.
Sorry...they don't represent all black people. Did someone tell you that they did? Did someone ever tell you that they don't agree with what they say?

Several people have said it on this thread, and believe it or not - not all black people think alike.

Sometimes in reading threads here on CD some of you think its true, but really - it's not!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Jesse and Al represent Jesse and Al.

Nobody "represents" Blacks. We don't need anyone to "represent" us. Do George W. Bush, John McCain and Sarah Palin "represent" whites?
That is a good question that I wonder if it will be answered.

I don't think every white person voted for McCain & Palin, so I guess they don't represent all whites...maybe some but not all.

Somehow, this common sense thinking doesn't translate when its spoken about black people.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:29 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,968,352 times
Quote:
I would like for you to site an example of a black person in the media that got bashed and called an Uncle Tom for critizing something that they said?
An example would be Larry Elder who said in his book "The 10 Things You Can't Say In America" that he got alot of hate mail from Blacks when on his radio show he referred to Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson as race hustlers.

Quote:
So using that line of thinking, it must mean that all white people agree with the KKK, as all I see at their rallies are white people cheering.
Ku Klux Klan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bad comparison because there are only between 5,000 to 8,000 Klan members in the entire United States, a country that has almost 200 million White people. So extremely well below 1% of the American White population are KKK cheerleaders. I doubt that only a mere 8,000 Blacks in the entire United States have a positive image of Sharpton and Jackson.

I doubt that a White radio talk show host would get alot of hate mail from White people if he or she bashed the Klan on air. The number of Black people who are Sharpton and Jackson sympathizers is definitely alot higher than the number of White people are KKK sympathizers.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jarrett View Post
An example would be Larry Elder who said in his book "The 10 Things You Can't Say In America" that he got alot of hate mail from Blacks when on his radio show he referred to Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson as race hustlers.

Ku Klux Klan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bad comparison because there are only between 5,000 to 8,000 Klan members in the entire United States, a country that has almost 200 million White people. So extremely well below 1% of the American White population are KKK cheerleaders. I doubt that only a mere 8,000 Blacks in the entire United States have a positive image of Sharpton and Jackson.
I doubt that a White radio talk show host would get alot of hate mail from White people if he or she bashed the Klan on air. The number of Black people who are Sharpton and Jackson sympathizers is definitely alot higher than the number of White people are KKK sympathizers.
I think the numbers you are siting is a bad example. It doesn't mean that since there are 5,000-8,000 klan members mean that a whole bunch of other people agree with and support them.

Do you mean to tell me that there are only 5000-8000 whites that agree with the concepts of the KKK - doubt it seriously.

Again, the point is that all black people don't follow them blindy as you and some other posters seem to try to
So again, using the same arguement - it must mean that all white people agree with and support the klan since you are saying that blacks sympthasize with Sharpton & Jackson.

Again, Uncle Pete who runs the general store doesn't know all

Old 01-04-2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:
I think the numbers you are siting is a bad example. It doesn't mean that since there are 5,000-8,000 klan members mean that a whole bunch of other people agree with and support them.

Do you mean to tell me that there are only 5000-8000 whites that agree with the concepts of the KKK - doubt it seriously.

Again, the point is that all black people don't follow them blindy as you and some other posters seem to try to
So again, using the same arguement - it must mean that all white people agree with and support the klan since you are saying that blacks sympthasize with Sharpton & Jackson.

Than how do you explain this
Jesse Jackson and Condi Rice Most Important Black Leaders

How come I don't see any articles coming out about White people naming David Duke as one of their most important White leaders ?

Old 01-04-2009, 08:53 PM

[quote=Jeff Jarrett;6840999]
Quote:

I explain it as a poll given to people who visit AOL black voices back in 2006 - just about 3 YEARS AGO!.

I never even saw the poll, but according to you - me and every other black person in America participated.

Did you bother to look at this line in the article?:

"Many blacks question whether any one person can wear the leadership mantle for such a large and diverse group of people"

Again, I guess it bears repeating to you since you A: don't want to seem to want to believe it or B: Can't shake what Uncle Pete told you:

All black people don't think alike.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:54 PM

Quote:

How come I don't see any articles coming out about White people naming David Duke as one of their most important White leaders ?

Was there ever a poll given on it? maybe you should question that line of reasoning.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:58 PM

Quote:
If I were to go to a Black neighborhood with a sign that read " [MOD CUT] Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton" I would get my [MOD CUT] jumped or worst be murdered. Do you deny this ?
I am pretty sure most people on this forum would agree with that statement I made.

I am also pretty sure that most people on this forum would agree with me when I say that if I go to a White neighborhood with a sign that read "**** David Duke" absolutely no physical harm would come to me.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-04-2009 at 10:52 PM..

Old 01-04-2009, 09:01 PM

Quote:
One more thought on this - believe it or not, times have changed.

Try giving this poll today and see what the results would be?

I think they would be a lot different than what these old results were from 3 years ago.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:04 PM

Quote:
I am pretty sure most people on this forum would agree with that statement I made.
And?

So I guess every person in America has a membership on CD? just like every black person feels Al or Jesse represents them?

Last edited by Marka; 04-29-2009 at 01:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies