Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is the News Media: Pro-Hamas, Pro-Israel or Fairly Reporting The News
Pro-Hamas 75 35.21%
Pro-Israel 98 46.01%
Fairly Reporting The News 21 9.86%
Other 8 3.76%
Not Sure 11 5.16%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 09:12 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,432,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
60 to 80 missilles a day fired by Hamas....and you are saying that Israel violated the UN resolution...get your facts straight!
Here are some "facts" for you...

United Nations Security Council resolutions

1. Resolution 42: The Palestine Question (5 March 1948) Requests recommendations for the Palestine Commission
List of United Nations resolutions concerning Israel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-04-2009 at 09:53 AM.. Reason: Posting violation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 09:13 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
I have mixed feeling watching it and see how he got into the US and now even has a working visa!

For people from countries and who never involved in terrorist organisations it is very hard to obtain a working visa and you have to proof so much to get a visa....that makes this a red flag to me.

I understand that if the story is true he can face many death threads and should be protected, but how on earth did he get a visa and can he live of charity in the most expensive State and area....I hope we don't find out that he is just working from the inside of Hamas by claiming he has left and still is connected....he also stated he is still in contact with his father.....red flag to say the least... But I'm glad that I watched it and I hope the story is true, but still if he gets a visa or citizen ship they should give it to many others!

Old 01-04-2009, 09:18 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,279,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
60 to 80 missilles a day fired by Hamas....and you are saying that Israel violated the UN resolution...get your facts straight!
Apparently, violence committed against the Israeli people is unimportant. Hate the Jews, no matter what. That seems to be the "liberal" rallying cry.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:18 AM

3,301 posts, read 6,327,610 times
Default Is the News Media: Pro-Hamas, Pro-Israel or Fairly Reporting The News

Is the News Media: Pro-Hamas, Pro-Israel or Fairly Reporting The News

Old 01-04-2009, 09:20 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Default Double Standard Watch: Israel's actions are lawful and commendable. By Harvard law prof.

Israel's military actions in Gaza are entirely justified under international law, and Israel should be commended for its act of self-defense against international terrorism. Article 51 of the United Nations Charter reserves to every nation the right to engage in self-defense against armed attacks. The only limitation international law places on a democracy is that its actions must satisfy the principle of proportionality. Israel's actions certainly satisfy that principles.

When Barack Obama visited the city of Sderot this summer, he saw the same things that I had seen during my visit on March 20 of this year. Over the last four years, Palestinian terrorists - in particular, Hamas and Islamic Jihad - have fired more than two thousand rockets at this civilian area, which is home to mostly poor and working-class people. The rockets are designed exclusively to maximize civilian deaths, and some have barely missed schoolyards, kindergartens, hospitals, and school buses. But others hit their targets, killing more than a dozen civilians since 2001, including in February 2008 a father of four who had been studying at the local university. These anticivilian rockets have also injured and traumatized countless children.

read more click on the link.

JPost.com | BlogCentral

Old 01-04-2009, 09:22 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,432,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Apparently, violence committed against the Israeli people is unimportant. Hate the Jews, no matter what. That seems to be the "liberal" rallying cry.

Meanwhile, the right wing rallying cry is.."Israel can do no wrong"

At least most liberals are willing to hold both sides' feet to the fire.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:23 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Ah, the infamous "Jewish lobby" logic.
Not that I care 2 spits for what the UN has to say, but lets be honest here. The DNC receives upwards of 50% of their campaign donations from the jewish lobby and RNC is at about 40%. Thats called hedging the bet.
Lets also be honest about how the USA does in fact turn a blind eye to many if not most of Israels misdeeds. Misdeeds that if done by anyone else we would condemn it.
Russia invading Georgia as compared to Israel invading Lebanon? Same excuses made by both Israel and Russia. Russia showed much greater restraint, Russia also had more soldiers killed to start the aggression.
What made it okay for Israel and dead wrong for Russia? I am no fan of Russia and in fact detest the Russian Gov. But Georgia started that conflict just as Hamas started this one.
If Iran did even a small percentage of what Israel does would we sit by and make excuses for them? This is why we have lost all credibility in the ME.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:23 AM

2,600 posts, read 2,325,119 times
Thumbs down Violations of What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
As the clip says at the beginning...remember when Iraq was in violation of just one...the US used it as an excuse for going to war, but Israel gets a free ride...Why? Could it have something to do with all the money from Jewish lobbies put in the pockets of US politicians?

YouTube - Israel and the ignored UN Resolutions
And...............Hamaas is like totally innocent of anything and everything, they've just been merrily passing out flowers, chocolates, and ice cream cups while walking the streets of gaza with peace signs.
so, with your logic, whose political pockets were lined with the conflict of iraq? oh wait, don't tell us, let me guess, the jews were behind this one too? those damned jewish lobbyists, there trying to kill everyone!

Old 01-04-2009, 09:26 AM

540 posts, read 630,030 times
Thank you for starting this alternate thread Sanrene. Perhaps we will see some measure of objectivity, though the cram downs are leading me to believe there is a controlled agenda here on this topic.
Were you able to view the FOX program last night? A son of a Hamas leader turned on Hamas and exposed their atrocities for what they really are a group of thugs and murderers using their own innocent civilians, women and children to advance their murderous objectives.
He claimed to have read the Bible simultaneous with the Koran and came away rejecting the Koran and Islam as a drug. He came away accepting Christianity as the truth, the light and the way and is dedicating his life to telling the truth.
He claimed he witnessed murders in prison for non conformance to the murderous ideology. He claimed he witnessed them sticking needles up their fingernails. He claimed his uncle was a leading torturer and murderer. He claimed they are so paranoid that they had a point system for evaluating their paranoia toward their own people. For instance, if they stayed in the shower for five minutes too long they were suspect of collaborating with the Israelis.
It is a sad and pathetic situation that our own society has cultivated these false and disingenuous attitudes. It is a sad and pathetic situation that we empower those that cultivate the illusion, the fantasy, that these people want peace.
It is a lawless band of thugs and murderers, cultivated themselves from their youth to hate for hate sake.
Only if they are removed can the path be laid to help Palestine with international aid. That aid should first spring forth from the Arab world. We should support that aid but they must initiate the aid and not with missles to atttack Israel but with counter education aimed at reducing those tenants of Islam that demand death to those that do not conform. That will begin the path to peace.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:28 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Only responding to YOUR own statements. You made it part of the topic, but in any event, I'll refrain from posting in your thread with pleasure.
My statement was about hamas executing fatah members without trial. I welcome your comments.

Quote:
Were you able to view the FOX program last night?
I did. I am more amazed about the reaction from certain posters about what he had to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies