Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 05:43 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,384,037 times

Advertisements

Our biology is fixed and all the social engineering in the world will not change that. You, I and any other mortals reading this are the product of a union between one man and one woman. We, as a society, have always rewarded and regulated this unique relationship because we all owe our existence to this institution. Furthermore, the obvious unique biological relationship between a man and a woman is clearly one designed by God and prescribed by nature and should be respected for that as well. I personally have to this point in my life remained single. I am not opposed to marriage, I just feel that the institution that I would be entering deserves respect and that I should serve it rather than have it serve me. When the circumstances in my life place me in a position to honor the institution in such a way, I will do so. But it isn't about me and shouldn't be entered into by those seeking personal benefit.

Over the past half century, Western Society has lost it's value system. First it was Europe and Canada and now it is becoming, more and more, the US. The Sixties were a pivotal point for rebellion and rejection of the traditional values that made us great, and not just a great military power or financial power, but a great moral power. The moral distractions of sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll replaced our collective conscience and sense of duty to God and country. It also degraded our commitment to the institution of marriage and fidelity. After all, it's about me and what I want, Right? Divorce combined with children being born outside of marriage to break down the normalcy of the nuclear family and the expectations of lasting commitment to something greater than our selves. Most married persons cheat on their spouses at least once and divorce is so common now as to not even raise an eyebrow.

The individual's approach to the institution of marriage has to be one of reverence and commitment to something greater than his or her self for it to be anything but a sad, sick joke in the years to come. The smoke and mirrors arguments for gay marriage involves the complaint that civil unions do not provide the same benefits as marriage. But do the gay political organizations seeking to force gay marriage on the rest of us push for civil unions with benefits equal to those of married couples? No, because that isn't what they are really after. They want to hijack the institution of marriage for their own purposes. Civil unions will never do for them what marriage will, and that is make gay sex equal to strait sex. Everything else can be changed with little resistance from anyone by expanding the definition of civil unions. But gays are disingenuous about what they are really after. They want their sex lives, their values and their definition of normal forced on the rest of us and our children. Redefining marriage is the means by which they seek to do this. I personally do not want the definition of marriage hijacked by people for their own self-serving political gains. Change civil unions to suit your taste but respect marriage as a unique institution based on the intended design of God and nature.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2009, 05:47 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Why another thread for this? Seriously!

You could have posted this in the gay marriage thread instead.

Old 01-03-2009, 05:49 PM

706 posts, read 1,241,857 times
They want everyone to accept their lifestyle as normal, when it clearly is not. That is why they want marriage, because it normalizes (in their minds) the lifestyle that they live, and they want us to accept it, no questions asked. They want to change American life and history by propagating their gay marriage experiment.

Marriage is between a man and a woman, alsway has been and if I can help it, always will be.

Old 01-03-2009, 05:50 PM

769 posts, read 2,232,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Why another thread for this? Seriously!

You could have posted this in the gay marriage thread instead.
Thank you. I'm sorry but all these gay and black threads are too repetitive. Should citydata create two more sub-forums: one for gay discussion, and one for the discussion of black people? I ignore these repetitive threads but they are so many and so popular that they tend to push the threads focusing about other topics to the back.

Old 01-03-2009, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Our biology is fixed and all the social engineering in the world will not change that. You, I and any other mortals reading this are the product of a union between one man and one woman. We, as a society, have always rewarded and regulated this unique relationship because we all owe our existence to this institution. Furthermore, the obvious unique biological relationship between a man and a woman is clearly one designed by God and prescribed by nature and should be respected for that as well. I personally have to this point in my life remained single. I am not opposed to marriage, I just feel that the institution that I would be entering deserves respect and that I should serve it rather than have it serve me. When the circumstances in my life place me in a position to honor the institution in such a way, I will do so. But it isn't about me and shouldn't be entered into by those seeking personal benefit.

Over the past half century, Western Society has lost it's value system. First it was Europe and Canada and now it is becoming, more and more, the US. The Sixties were a pivotal point for rebellion and rejection of the traditional values that made us great, and not just a great military power or financial power, but a great moral power. The moral distractions of sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll replaced our collective conscience and sense of duty to God and country. It also degraded our commitment to the institution of marriage and fidelity. After all, it's about me and what I want, Right? Divorce combined with children being born outside of marriage to break down the normalcy of the nuclear family and the expectations of lasting commitment to something greater than our selves. Most married persons cheat on their spouses at least once and divorce is so common now as to not even raise an eyebrow.

The individual's approach to the institution of marriage has to be one of reverence and commitment to something greater than his or her self for it to be anything but a sad, sick joke in the years to come. The smoke and mirrors arguments for gay marriage involves the complaint that civil unions do not provide the same benefits as marriage. But do the gay political organizations seeking to force gay marriage on the rest of us push for civil unions with benefits equal to those of married couples? No, because that isn't what they are really after. They want to hijack the institution of marriage for their own purposes. Civil unions will never do for them what marriage will, and that is make gay sex equal to strait sex. Everything else can be changed with little resistance from anyone by expanding the definition of civil unions. But gays are disingenuous about what they are really after. They want their sex lives, their values and their definition of normal forced on the rest of us and our children. Redefining marriage is the means by which they seek to do this. I personally do not want the definition of marriage hijacked by people for their own self-serving political gains. Change civil unions to suit your taste but respect marriage as a unique institution based on the intended design of God and nature.
I re read this post and was wondering....if marriage is so sacred, what about the 50 percent divorce rate? Hm.

Why are you so against people who live differently than you? It would NOT AFFECT YOU in the least if gay marriage was legalized. It was legalized in Canada, England, even two states here...did it HURT you in the least?

And what about people who do not believe in God? Stop assuming everyone believe in God. I don't and people like you push me further away and find more things wrong about religion.

What "purpose" are people after to hijack marriage? Why are you so insecure? Why do you care about gay sex and straight sex? It is NOT always about their sex lives or whatever...it is about love. Christians claim they are all about love and then they come and say this?

Why?

Not one Christian has been able to answer these questions for me. Not ONE!

And this is such a horrible post. I cannot believe I sat here reading it. We do not like in the stone age anymore. Not everyone will turn out to be gay, you know? You can have your marriage and the 50 percent divorce rate.

Why do you all assume we believe in God?

Old 01-03-2009, 05:57 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethetruth View Post
They want everyone to accept their lifestyle as normal, when it clearly is not. That is why they want marriage, because it normalizes (in their minds) the lifestyle that they live, and they want us to accept it, no questions asked. They want to change American life and history by propagating their gay marriage experiment.

Marriage is between a man and a woman, alsway has been and if I can help it, always will be.
No questions asked is right. Pastors in Europe and Canada being fined and jailed for speaking against homosexuality and the forced indoctrination of our kids through the public school systems is what they promote and then boo hoo about their rights. I honestly think the rights of those who disagree with them never come to mind.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:00 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,220,171 times
Quote:
I re read this post and was wondering....if marriage is so sacred, what about the 50 percent divorce rate? Hm.

Why are you so against people who live differently than you? It would NOT AFFECT YOU in the least if gay marriage was legalized. It was legalized in Canada, England, even two states here...did it HURT you in the least?

And what about people who do not believe in God? Stop assuming everyone believe in God. I don't and people like you push me further away and find more things wrong about religion.

What "purpose" are people after to hijack marriage? Why are you so insecure? Why do you care about gay sex and straight sex? It is NOT always about their sex lives or whatever...it is about love. Christians claim they are all about love and then they come and say this?

Why?

And this is such a horrible post. I cannot believe I sat here reading it. We do not like in the stone age anymore. Not everyone will turn out to be gay, you know? You can have your marriage and the 50 percent divorce rate.

Why do you all assume we believe in God?
I'm really enjoying the "non-attack" mode of discussion here.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
I'm really enjoying the "non-attack" mode of discussion here.
Are you being sarcastic because I honestly feel as if I am not attacking anyone here.

I am stating my point of view..unless you think that me simply stating what I feel is wrong.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:04 PM

706 posts, read 1,241,857 times
Quote:

Why?

Just because you choose to reject the answers does not mean that no one has answered them for you. I, along with numerous people on here have provided you with answers.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
No questions asked is right. Pastors in Europe and Canada being fined and jailed for speaking against homosexuality and the forced indoctrination of our kids through the public school systems is what they promote and then boo hoo about their rights. I honestly think the rights of those who disagree with them never come to mind.
And I think that is wrong. They should not be fined and jailed for speaking against it as it is their belief but they should also know that there are people who are homosexual.

They also have freedom of speech. I do not like hearing about Pastors getting fined/jailed for it. They have the right but so do the homosexuals.

Can you please answer my questions I posted? Please do not avoid them like everyone else. I am curious about what you have to say!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies