Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2009, 12:46 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,964,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
It's not a liberal/conservative/censorship issue, it's that she has nothing constructive to add to any argument. She's an entertainer, not an interesting analyst.
Bingo. As I said earlier, my library has plenty of books by conservative authors... but most librarians and halfway intelligent people see her as a joke, and quite frankly I don't have the budget to buy ridiculous books. If she billed herself as a comedian, like in the case of Jon Stewart's book America, I might actually put her on our shelves - sadly though, she seems to take herself seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 09:56 AM

4,657 posts, read 8,714,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
It's not about differing opinions, or you'd see the same responses towards EVERY conservative/Republican... but in case you didn't notice, Ann Coulter has a special place in our hearts, and even in the hearts of many conservatives. Having strong opinions is one thing, but Coulter is simply a hate-filled loony. Do you actually think her books and statements have any merit?
Do you not see the irony, though? Those that call her out on her "hate", use the exact same, if not worse invective that they claim she subscribes to. Like I said, in this thread she's been called a pig, hog, moron, trans-sexual, stupid, etc. There is so much hatred from the left on this board, it's sickening. You guys take yourselves waaay to seriously. I have never seen one post where Upton, Mikefrombackeast, Odanny, Saganista. etc. are self depricating and are joyful. It's constant hate 24/7. The thing is you guys don't see it because your surrounded by group think. Hate is hate, but just from an observational pov you guys traffic in it.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:13 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,234,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
NBC is not a public access network. You're confused about "freedom of speech". Coulter still has a right to go out on a street corner and proselytize as much as she wants. No one's taking that away from her.
Yeah... [Mod edit] It's not like Pelosi/Reid have got that Fairness Doctrine passed yet.

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 01-27-2009 at 06:45 PM.. Reason: language

Old 01-06-2009, 10:17 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,571,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
I have never seen one post where Upton, Mikefrombackeast, Odanny, Saganista. etc. are self depricating and are joyful. It's constant hate 24/7. The thing is you guys don't see it because your surrounded by group think. Hate is hate, but just from an observational pov you guys traffic in it.
Well this is an excellent example of irony. I guess you've failed to see the rantings of your fellow conservatives/republicans/hate mongers? I could give you a list of names but I won't call them out...they know who they are.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Well this is an excellent example of irony. I guess you've failed to see the rantings of your fellow conservatives/republicans/hate mongers? I could give you a list of names but I won't call them out...they know who they are.
It's not even close though. One woman said that she can't stand Olberman, O'Reilly and Maddow, I give here credit for her consistency, but she's the rare liberal exception. Look at every single post, not just a few, but every single one that is about conservative and/or Christian people, policies or ideals and the hate from you guys is astounding. There's no respective for differing opinion, no room for lighthearted banter. It's pure hate. Look at the leading far left talking heads; Olberman, Mahrer, Joy Behar, these people are completely joyless, take themselves way too seriously and never, ever are able to laugh at themselves. To be fair, the same applies to Rush and Coulter. O'Reilly and Hannity, as much as many hate them, do laugh at themselves and are self deprecating quite often. The posters that I mentioned in name and several others are identical; constantly hateful and angry, and completely incapable of laughing at themselves. As for conservatives posters who are like that, they may be much smaller in number, but they're equally wrong. Pointing to bad behavior to justify other bad behavior is invalid. Why is there no room for civil disagreement on these boards?

Old 01-06-2009, 10:35 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,570,586 times
good grief the woman is a total scumbag

YouTube - Ann Coulter on Today Show

she bashes gays, immigrants but not blond drag queens!
by the way go to minute 2:35 where she trashes Bush but is obviously selling her book.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
good grief the woman is a total scumbag

YouTube - Ann Coulter on Today Show

See what I mean? Why is this acceptable? STOP THE HATE!

Old 01-06-2009, 10:47 AM

Quote:
It's not even close though. One woman said that she can't stand Olberman, O'Reilly and Maddow, I give here credit for her consistency, but she's the rare liberal exception. Look at every single post, not just a few, but every single one that is about conservative and/or Christian people, policies or ideals and the hate from you guys is astounding. There's no respective for differing opinion, no room for lighthearted banter. It's pure hate. Look at the leading far left talking heads; Olberman, Mahrer, Joy Behar, these people are completely joyless, take themselves way too seriously and never, ever are able to laugh at themselves. To be fair, the same applies to Rush and Coulter. O'Reilly and Hannity, as much as many hate them, do laugh at themselves and are self deprecating quite often. The posters that I mentioned in name and several others are identical; constantly hateful and angry, and completely incapable of laughing at themselves. As for conservatives posters who are like that, they may be much smaller in number, but they're equally wrong. Pointing to bad behavior to justify other bad behavior is invalid. Why is there no room for civil disagreement on these boards?
You really need to get a reality check. That hatred goes on on the republican/conservative side in spades. Where were you when people were railing about Obama or his wife's looks? I suspect you were right along in the thick of it. You're in SEVERE denial if you think the righties on this board are innocent angels. SEVERE.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
You really need to get a reality check. That hatred goes on on the republican/conservative side in spades. Where were you when people were railing about Obama or his wife's looks? I suspect you were right along in the thick of it. You're in SEVERE denial if you think the righties on this board are innocent angels. SEVERE.
UGHHHH

Link or apology? Your choice. Again, two wrongs don't make a right. Yes, that is just as wrong, however, EVERY post that pertains in any way, shape or form to conservative ideals or principals, is met with pure unadulterated hate from the left. Will you condemn that, as I have condemned the hate from the right? Will you vow to look in the mirror, take a step back and agree to be more civil in you disagreement? Will you? Or will you continue to traffic in hate and make excuses for those that choose to as well? What have we become as a society? God help us all.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:56 AM

Quote:
UGHHHH

Link or apology? Your choice. Again, two wrongs don't make a right. Yes, that is just as wrong, however, EVERY post that pertains in any way, shape or form to conservative ideals or principals, is met with pure unadulterated hate from the left. Will you condemn that, as I have condemned the hate from the right? Will you vow to look in the mirror, take a step back and agree to be more civil in you disagreement? Will you? Or will you continue to traffic in hate and make excuses for those that choose to as well? What have we become as a society? God help us all.
What are you, my mother? When did you condemn the hate from the right? Seriously, I don't recall seeing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies