Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which media type is the most hatefull?
Bill O'Rilley 16 7.34%
Ann Coulter 68 31.19%
Michael Savage 16 7.34%
Sean Hannity 14 6.42%
Kieth Oberman 44 20.18%
Michael Moore 33 15.14%
Al Franken 15 6.88%
Randi Rhodes 3 1.38%
Other 9 4.13%
Voters: 218. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 07:26 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,033,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodoodles View Post
Wow, why am I not surprised? Bush also tried to keep Michael Moore from releasing Sicko which was critical of U.S. health care and a bill that Bush himself signed into law giving pharmaceutical companies more power than before. Of course he sent out the secret service to people he didn't like. Are the secret service so inept that they wouldn't be able to take out Rhodes if she were to actually attempt such an attack on Bush?
Wow! Bush tried to keep that fat fugly Moore from releasing SICKO!

Do share! Details! Bwahahahahahaa!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 07:27 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
And I guess he was questioning why I wasn't outraged by what Rhodes said.
correct.

have you figured out yet why it instead apparently left you with a warm, fuzzy feeling inside?

Old 01-07-2009, 07:33 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,482,428 times
Wow, this is tough. I say Savage is tops, but second is a tossup between Hannity and Olbermann. They both come off as self righteous, and I'm never convinced either one is telling the whole truth. After all, they both have their agendas to push.

But Savage is in a whole other league. Good God, how someone can live with that much vitriol inside you is beyond me....

Old 01-07-2009, 07:41 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,209,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
er, no. i was willing to settle for you being able to summon up the rare moral courage to admit that wanting a president killed was sick and wrong.

apparently, that's well out of your reach.
Oh, if that's all you want then yeah, I certainly think that wanting a President killed is BEYOND sick and wrong. Geez, why didn't you just say that in the first place?

Old 01-07-2009, 07:43 PM

Quote:
correct.

have you figured out yet why it instead apparently left you with a warm, fuzzy feeling inside?
Frankly, I'd never heard of Randi Rhodes until you brought her up. I don't listen to the radio, I don't own a radio, I own an iPod. And I read my news on the web. I'm not a dinosaur.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omle View Post
Wow! Bush tried to keep that fat fugly Moore from releasing SICKO!

Do share! Details! Bwahahahahahaa!
He tried to do some maneuvering about Cuba but it was all for naught, thank God. It was a real stretch and Bush's motives were completely apparent. He just didn't want another movie that was critical of him. Although, Sicko wasn't that critical of him compared to Fahrenheit 9/11 so I don't know why he got his panties in a twist in the first place.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Oh, if that's all you want then yeah, I certainly think that wanting a President killed is BEYOND sick and wrong. Geez, why didn't you just say that in the first place?
really? then why was getting that simple bit out of you like pulling a mule's teeth?

you wandered all around it, blatting goofily about ann coulter yet couldn't manage a single word against randiii's homicidal fantasies, despite multiple opportunities to do so. seems odd, is all.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Frankly, I'd never heard of Randi Rhodes until you brought her up. I don't listen to the radio, I don't own a radio, I own an iPod. And I read my news on the web. I'm not a dinosaur.
wow, i'm in absolute awe of your hipness.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:55 PM

Quote:
really? then why was getting that simple bit out of you like pulling a mule's teeth?

you wandered all around it, blatting goofily about ann coulter yet couldn't manage a single word against randiii's homicidal fantasies, despite multiple opportunities to do so. seems odd, is all.
You're unnecessarily rude. I didn't honestly know that's what you wanted. This thread is about who WE think is the most hateful media personality. I voted for Ann Coulter. That was MY opinion. I still don't agree that Rhodes' statements are as hateful as Coulter's but since you asked, yes, I think it's wrong for ANYONE to wish death or harm on the president, regardless of how I feel about that president's policies and actions. If you'd just said straight out that that's what you wanted me to say, I would have said it. I don't know why you just expected me to say it out of nowhere. How about, in the future, if you wonder you can ask. If you wondered how I felt about Rhodes' threats, you could just have said, do you think her words were okay? And I would have said no right away. What I was doing was justifying my opinion that Coulter is the more hateful of the two. There's nothing I can really do if you have a problem with that...

Old 01-07-2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:
wow, i'm in absolute awe of your hipness.
Again, with the rudeness. I'm just pointing out that without a radio I'm not sure how you expect me to have heard of her. I purposefully avoid these people. I haven't read an opinion piece by Ann Coulter in over a year because I know that the things she says get me upset. I think you just wanted to get in my face about this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies