Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 03:32 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,323,806 times

Advertisements

oh GAWD, it's the devil himself!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
*vomits*

When I think of Giuliani, I think of this:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2009, 07:34 AM

2,836 posts, read 3,494,990 times
Capitalism requires the free flow of capital. It is a market system based on capital investment, and a government system committed to capital expenditure and tax incentives to prime the pump. Once the capital starts flowing, the capitalists take your capital and convert it into their capital. Capitalism, at least from the economic perspective of the capitalist, is a capital idea!

In the same vein, it is fitting that the CEO’s - those "captains of industry" that ran their companies aground - should reward themselves with big bonuses at the expense of the American taxpayer. The robber barons of the past have nothing on their immodest greed, which would make even the most rapacious pirate blush for shame. Surely, this is capitalism at its very best.

Old 02-01-2009, 07:54 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,143,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_talons View Post
Then there are people who think the wealthies' wealth must be protected from taxation. Even if it cost us commoners our jobs. Our hands are the very reason these rich SOBs can continue to increase their bonuses, and lay more of us off so as to further increase their bonuses. I like to hear those "protect the rich from taxation" continue to chime their tunes now with the country approaching double-digit mark in unemployment rate, the rich continuing to get bigger bonuses after the fact, and they are not spending a dollar to help the increasing number of destitutes.

Please, don't tell me these people deserve $16 million or more a year. You blue-collars work harder than them, you deserve it more than they do. If they slash their salary by 60%, they can save at least 100 jobs.
True - I dont understand the people who position themselves as guard dogs for the rich man's wallet. But the wealthy spend millions shoring up this mindset, so...I guess it works.

Old 02-01-2009, 08:04 AM

266 posts, read 402,418 times
CEO's probably don't need 16 million a year, but neither do actors, musicians or athletes.

If the company needs money from the government, then they are at the mercy to the government and tax payers.

Old 02-01-2009, 08:15 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,728,178 times
That is what we call capitalism and I agree with him! Or do you want communism and every one gets the same....

Old 02-01-2009, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
That is what we call capitalism and I agree with him!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Or do you want communism and every one gets the same....
Yes, gimme some of yours, share the wealth daddy~0'

Old 02-01-2009, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by small arms View Post
CEO's probably don't need 16 million a year, but neither do actors, musicians or athletes.

If the company needs money from the government, then they are at the mercy to the government and tax payers.
but not for perks and bonuses!

Old 02-01-2009, 12:03 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,732,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_talons View Post
Then there are people who think the wealthies' wealth must be protected from taxation. Even if it cost us commoners our jobs. Our hands are the very reason these rich SOBs can continue to increase their bonuses, and lay more of us off so as to further increase their bonuses. I like to hear those "protect the rich from taxation" continue to chime their tunes now with the country approaching double-digit mark in unemployment rate, the rich continuing to get bigger bonuses after the fact, and they are not spending a dollar to help the increasing number of destitutes.

Please, don't tell me these people deserve $16 million or more a year. You blue-collars work harder than them, you deserve it more than they do. If they slash their salary by 60%, they can save at least 100 jobs.
I know plenty of blue collar people who lazy as crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies