Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 06:40 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,007,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
Obama's people said Obama gave Michelle a cake for Valentines day that cost $40. Isn't that quaint? I guess to show how down to earth they are.

He must have forgotten their trip to Chicago to go to Michelle's favorite place to eat.

With all of the fear mongering going on these days about the dire shape of the economy, and Obama is on the TV everday, sometimes 2 X a day and traveling all around to try and sell the country on the stimulus plan I wondered how much it costs us every time the he goes some where.

Well I found this link to a 10 page report from the Government on how much it costs to operate air force one per hour. This report came out in 2006 and is based on numbers from the year 2000 adjusted for inflation. Would you believe almost $57,000 dollars per hour. So 2 hr flight to Chicago and 2 hrs back comes with a price tag of $228,000.00 just for the flight.

So my point is why won't he just stay home and save the tax payers some money if we are in such dire straits? Can any body remember Obama saying at his news conference a couple days ago thanks for giving me a reason to use air force one. It was just last weekend he flew the family and the kids friends off to Camp David. I mean come on first of all it was only about a 30 minute flight, so he could of gotten there another way. That weekend trip was only $57,000.00 .Then you have to factor in the cost of security detail and everything else.

He hasn't even been president for a month and he has already went to Camp David for the weekend, then the next weekend he had date night out and this weekend they jetted off to Chicago for Michelle's food and a 2 day get away.

He's telling us to cut back and he is frolicking around. I think he needs to stay home. I can just imagine what they would say if Bush was frolicking around during times like we are going through.

Click here for link to report
Haha. This goes on with EVERY President. What about all of the times ol W was flying his plane, secret servicemen and press in tow whem he went to go clear mesquite at "the ranch"? All of the Presidents have done this. I don't see why President Obama should be denied some pleasure considering that he has the hardest job in the World today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2009, 06:45 PM

425 posts, read 665,762 times
Maybe only Republican television channels had Obama on preaching the world was going to end as we know it if his precious stimulus bill was not passed instantly!

1) It was passed quickly and without proper review - where the heck is he?

2) If our economy is virtually on the brink of disaster, this trip was foolhardy, at best

3) Just because all the other presidents did it, doesn't make it right! I would call those presidents out also

Change? Hope? Nope!

Old 02-15-2009, 06:57 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,485,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro2008 View Post
I heard he's flying all over the Country yet again this upcoming week...Phoenix, Denver, and Canada
That's correct. He'll be in Chicago through Monday afternoon, then on to Denver on Tuesday, Arizona on Wednesday, and then the recently added day-trip to Canada on Thursday.

Of course, if he just sat holed up in Washington to save all these taxpayer dollars, the right-wingers would simply carp and whine because he was some luxuriating White House recluse who was so out of touch with and just didn't care about the American people and all their hardships. Basically, you're just going to get blather from the right-wing no matter what you do, so why even bother with them...

Old 02-15-2009, 07:08 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,697,869 times
Quote:
Obama's people said Obama gave Michelle a cake for Valentines day that cost $40. Isn't that quaint? I guess to show how down to earth they are.

He must have forgotten their trip to Chicago to go to Michelle's favorite place to eat.

With all of the fear mongering going on these days about the dire shape of the economy, and Obama is on the TV everday, sometimes 2 X a day and traveling all around to try and sell the country on the stimulus plan I wondered how much it costs us every time the he goes some where.

Well I found this link to a 10 page report from the Government on how much it costs to operate air force one per hour. This report came out in 2006 and is based on numbers from the year 2000 adjusted for inflation. Would you believe almost $57,000 dollars per hour. So 2 hr flight to Chicago and 2 hrs back comes with a price tag of $228,000.00 just for the flight.

So my point is why won't he just stay home and save the tax payers some money if we are in such dire straits? Can any body remember Obama saying at his news conference a couple days ago thanks for giving me a reason to use air force one. It was just last weekend he flew the family and the kids friends off to Camp David. I mean come on first of all it was only about a 30 minute flight, so he could of gotten there another way. That weekend trip was only $57,000.00 .Then you have to factor in the cost of security detail and everything else.

He hasn't even been president for a month and he has already went to Camp David for the weekend, then the next weekend he had date night out and this weekend they jetted off to Chicago for Michelle's food and a 2 day get away.

He's telling us to cut back and he is frolicking around. I think he needs to stay home. I can just imagine what they would say if Bush was frolicking around during times like we are going through.

The man is a liar. Pure and simple. He's an elitest. You should cut back and suffer while he feeds on the pig tit until it runs dry.

Old 02-15-2009, 07:13 PM

216 posts, read 290,708 times
Quote:

You can not be serious

Old 02-15-2009, 07:15 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,219,211 times
Some are getting a bit mellow dramatic on this thread. And forgetting recent history.

I hope they had a wonderful, romantic Valentines Day dinner.

I don't remember any president who has had to hit the ground running like Obama has, thanks to the previous admin.

Sour grapes.... next we'll hear that they use toilet paper that is too expensive. Where's the Sears catalog?!

Old 02-15-2009, 07:28 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,060,974 times
Quote:

He learned from Dubay...Stay the Course
10 Billions($) to find WMDs...never existed VERSUS a valentine day...awasome

Old 02-15-2009, 07:35 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,480,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMexicanRepublican View Post
You miss the point. I don't think anybody would suggest Obama fly commercial, let alone coach.

The thread alludes to a much larger issue. Should Obama use taxpayer funds to fly to Chicago for dinner at great expense to the taxpayer IF the trip was not already scheduled. If it was a scheduled trip, then I hope he had a nice dinner. If, on the other hand, he diverted AF1 to Chicago for the sole purpose of dinner, then in my mind he just blew half his annual salary.

At a time when Obama and the Democrats are chastising the Right for corporate malfeasance, it would be beyond hypocritical to divert his contingent to Chicago simply to have dinner at a time the country is on the verge of collapse (his words, not mine).
I didn't miss the point. The point is there's no point. As one poster cited, no President is ever on vacation. People clamored over his lack of a suit jacket in the oval office. I could've said, maybe he only has one jacket that was in the cleaners to save tax dollars?? See how stupid that sounds, that's how stupid this thread is. You right wingers will just oppose as your leaders in congress did. You get your way and you still vote against. If the stimulus works in any way, the republican party will be toast in 2010.

Old 02-15-2009, 07:44 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,720,443 times
Well we're movin on up,
To the east side.
To a deluxe apartment in the sky.
Movin on up,
To the east side.
We finally got a piece of the pie.

Come on honey, lets take the jet to dinner tonight!

Old 02-15-2009, 07:50 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,971,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
So, what is in the Stimulus package is not because of Obama
That's right ... President Pelosi and her merry band of crooks wrote the Stimulus package ... so ... the sod didn't make it ... but don't worry there is enough pork in the Stimulus package to feed America for years.

President Obama campaigned on 'Change' and it is up to him as our elected leader to at least give the appearance that he is trying to make 'changes' ... in addition he needs to stop the kotowing to Pelosi and her cronies.

These first few weeks he has been like a kid in a candy shop ... run over here in Air Force One ... zip over here in the helicopter (whatever it's called) and zoom down the road in his limo ... get over to Camp David ... off to The Windy City for dinner ... off to Florida to blow hot air to his adoring fans!

The campaign was so long and he had the crowds, masses and clueless followers screaming and shouting his name ... even in other countries and now ... ZAP ... he was elected President ... He is the Man ... He Won ... WOW no one is in the Oval Office chanting his name, clapping and shouting ... where are my adoring fans? This has to be addictive ... no one here can tell me it isn't ... rock stars love the adulation from the adoring, cheering fans and I don't think the chanting masses are allowed in the Oval Office.

He has missed the single greatest opportunity of any recent president to set a tone, to take control and earn the respect of both right and left wing people and show us he was serious about CHANGE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies