Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 09:10 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,516,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
We keep hearing, "History will judge GW Bush." Apparently, the verdict is not supposed to be in yet for Bush's legacy.

Why don't we then, at least, give Obama a year before judging him! Afterall, he has one of the biggest messes in American history to mop up!

I'm not giving him a final verdict yet. I just like playing devil's advocate. The far left and the far right are the exact same people. And its funny when they dont see that.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 02-16-2009 at 10:14 AM.. Reason: personal attack
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2009, 09:14 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,451,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Sod for the Mall -- which tends to need replacing from time to time when 25 million people walk on it every year -- was taken out of the stimulus bill to appease whiners. So that's one fact you botched. The final bill for the recent inauguration isn't in yet, so that's botch number two. Then there's the fact that Bush's $40 million doesn't include security and local reimbursement costs while the estimate for Obama does. That would be strike three. You're out of there...
No this needed to be replaced because of his worshipers! Good try though!

Old 02-16-2009, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar31 View Post
He learned from Dubay...Stay the Course
10 Billions($) to find WMDs...never existed VERSUS a valentine day...awasome

“(Saddam) will rebuild his arsenal of weapons of mass destruction and some day, some way, I am certain he will use that arsenal again, as he has 10 times since 1983"—National Security Adviser Sandy Berger, Feb 18, 1998

“The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retained some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capability. Intelligence reports also indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons, but has not yet achieved nuclear capability."—Robert Byrd, October 2002

“The community of nations may see more and more of the very kind of threat Iraq poses now: a rogue state with weapons of mass destruction, ready to use them or provide them to terrorists. If we fail to respond today, Saddam and all those who would follow in his footsteps will be emboldened tomorrow."—Bill Clinton in 1998

“Iraq is not the only nation in the world to possess weapons of mass destruction, but it is the only nation with a leader who has used them against his own people."—Tom Daschle in 1998

Why Did These Liberals Lie About Weapons of Mass Destruction?

Old 02-16-2009, 09:32 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,980,893 times
Default How Many Carbon Credits

did that dinner cost him?

Old 02-16-2009, 09:39 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,794,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
Well the last I read it was 180M for his inaugeration and they were slipping 200 million more into the stimulus bill to replace the sod torn up in Washington Mall from all the zombies for his inaugeration. So that makes it 380 Million. When Bush had his it was 40 million and the Dems were screaming. "how dare he". I guess we better get used to over the top spending from this one.
This post illustrates how disingenuous the OP is, and how stupid this thread is. Obviously the OP has not been to the national mall in the last 10 years. I have. It's embarrassing. To blame a WAY overdue expense on Obama is moronic and ignorant.

Here are some photos of the National Mall, ALL from before the inauguration:

May 26, 2008, thanks to slack13 on Flickr:

Trust for the National Mall - Scripps Howard Foundation Wire (http://www.nationalmall.org/newsroom-072908.php - broken link) From July, 2008:

http://www.nationalmall.org/images/newsroom/newsroom-072908-image001.jpg (broken link)

http://www.nationalmall.org/images/newsroom/newsroom-072908-image003.jpg (broken link)

From 2007:

Old 02-16-2009, 10:20 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,269,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
No this needed to be replaced because of his worshipers! !
No - it needed to be replaced! Period. I was on the "Mall" last fall and it was terrible

When was the last time you walk the Mall in DC?

Old 02-16-2009, 10:51 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
With the DC Mall looking that way and our Veteran hospitals run down, sure makes you wonder, what the HELL, they are doing with the taxpayers money. It never goes to what they say it will.

Like the lottery in California, it was suppose to help the schools, the schools don't see much of it, if any!!!

Old 02-16-2009, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
No - it needed to be replaced! Period. I was on the "Mall" last fall and it was terrible

When was the last time you walk the Mall in DC?
October 2007

Last edited by Miborn; 04-07-2009 at 09:32 AM..

Old 02-16-2009, 11:28 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,585,553 times
Lightbulb How Much Did Obama's Valentine Date Cost The Taxpayer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
Obama's people said Obama gave Michelle a cake for Valentines day that cost $40. Isn't that quaint? I guess to show how down to earth they are.

He must have forgotten their trip to Chicago to go to Michelle's favorite place to eat.

With all of the fear mongering going on these days about the dire shape of the economy, and Obama is on the TV everday, sometimes 2 X a day and traveling all around to try and sell the country on the stimulus plan I wondered how much it costs us every time the he goes some where.

Well I found this link to a 10 page report from the Government on how much it costs to operate air force one per hour. This report came out in 2006 and is based on numbers from the year 2000 adjusted for inflation. Would you believe almost $57,000 dollars per hour. So 2 hr flight to Chicago and 2 hrs back comes with a price tag of $228,000.00 just for the flight.

So my point is why won't he just stay home and save the tax payers some money if we are in such dire straits? Can any body remember Obama saying at his news conference a couple days ago thanks for giving me a reason to use air force one. It was just last weekend he flew the family and the kids friends off to Camp David. I mean come on first of all it was only about a 30 minute flight, so he could of gotten there another way. That weekend trip was only $57,000.00 .Then you have to factor in the cost of security detail and everything else.

He hasn't even been president for a month and he has already went to Camp David for the weekend, then the next weekend he had date night out and this weekend they jetted off to Chicago for Michelle's food and a 2 day get away.

He's telling us to cut back and he is frolicking around. I think he needs to stay home. I can just imagine what they would say if Bush was frolicking around during times like we are going through.

Click here for link to report

How Much Did Obama's Valentine Date Cost The Taxpayer?

A whole lot less than Bush's nearly 3 years of vacation.

Old 02-16-2009, 12:52 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,269,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
October 2007
Take a look at the 2008 pictures another poster provide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies