Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 09:03 PM

272 posts, read 408,178 times

Advertisements

I just knew after W got re-appointed in 04 things would never be the same, I voted for Obama but I dont get the sense he is my president, like America has been forever tainted after the Bush administration, maybe it is because there is strong evidence the Bush administration stole both elections or maybe something else, I am angry and bitter, I use to like America and like being an American, I am angry at the Bush administration for taking that away, I hope they get some type of punishment some day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2009, 09:25 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,235,303 times
Does anyone feel like this isnt America anymore

Sounds like it hasn't been America for you since grade school ended.

Old 02-15-2009, 09:29 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,485,182 times
You really need to move on with your life.

Being angry and bitter is like swallowing a poison pill yourself, and hoping the other person dies from it.

Old 02-15-2009, 09:31 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,562,173 times
Want to hear something MORE disturbing ? Maybe this really IS America !! (isn't THAT a nightmare)...

Old 02-15-2009, 09:34 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,605,211 times
Bush stole elections........lol O boy.....You must be kidding. I think its pretty funny how you Dems think. I mean we have a Pres. who was voted in because hes "so cool" haaa give me a break.
We cant even get the liberal press to say 1 bad thing about him..
This is going to be some 4 yr ride so hold on "God is our President now" ! lol

Old 02-15-2009, 09:40 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,578,593 times
I agree.

I think back to the Clinton years and miss them. I am like "You know..no worries about terrorists...good economy...a president who cared about people.."

I felt safer than ever and truly felt American. After everything Bush was let off for (Killing people, war...etc..etc), I wonder the same.

I love your posts. Just said that in the other thread!

Old 02-15-2009, 09:45 PM

244 posts, read 486,410 times
If Obama stays on target he will equal all of Bush's deficits from fighting 2 wars and spending like a drunken dem for 8 years in 1 short year in office! How does 16 trillion deficit sound? As a conservative republican i say without any hesitation Bush was WRONG to spend that much will Obama outdoing him make it any better? I know you are going to say it will take that much to fix Bush's mistakes but look at what the dems are doing! They had no idea what was in this 800 billion spending bill because they were only allowed 9 hours to review before voting!
Not to bash Obama but this isnt change at all this is BOTH parties putting the screws to the people to further their own power!

Old 02-15-2009, 09:52 PM

272 posts, read 408,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal4now View Post
If Obama stays on target he will equal all of Bush's deficits from fighting 2 wars and spending like a drunken dem for 8 years in 1 short year in office! How does 16 trillion deficit sound? As a conservative republican i say without any hesitation Bush was WRONG to spend that much will Obama outdoing him make it any better? I know you are going to say it will take that much to fix Bush's mistakes but look at what the dems are doing! They had no idea what was in this 800 billion spending bill because they were only allowed 9 hours to review before voting!
Not to bash Obama but this isnt change at all this is BOTH parties putting the screws to the people to further their own power!

well it is true all this is fallout from the reagan/bush administrations

that being said I dont agree with any of these stimuleses, however this latest one is actaully geared towards the American people(you know the middle and lower class) and isnt it funny not ONE Republican voted for it, however plenty of them voted for and supported the ones that gave trillions of dollars to banks ceos and corporations who got us into the mess we are in, but this latest one that will give money in the form of benefits and handouts to the struggling lower and middle class not one Republican wants to support, that is all you need to know about the party of corruption and greed

The only good Republican is a dead one

Old 02-15-2009, 09:55 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,894,490 times
Default Imo

Well for sure this isn’t the America that my grandfather and father handed down to me. A government that has failed the people with criminals controlling it’s steady downward fall from where the nation once was. A nation of corporations and businesses that have moved offshore for tax benefits and shelters, to say nothing about the ceo’s vp’s and directors that run them. Government agencies that fail to monitor and regulate industry and protect citizens from criminals who allow simple things like peanuts to go out into the market and kill people or make them deathly sick. Banks and financial industries that allow themselves to fail their stockholders and customers, run by criminals.

Yeah,,, this isn’t the America that once was. It’s now a failed nation of the industrialized world dropping into the bottom 25 or less from the top. Health care, education, and overall quality of life is less then 25 or more of the top countries in the world.

Sorry but number one is just a number of the past. This country has to be turned around and it’s going to take leadership at the top, in government and business ~ I don’t see much around anymore. And with the needed leadership it needs citizens who will support moving forward instead of just more of the same old xxxx.

Old 02-15-2009, 10:35 PM

244 posts, read 486,410 times
Quote:
that being said I dont agree with any of these stimuleses, however this latest one is actaully geared towards the American people(you know the middle and lower class) and isnt it funny not ONE Republican voted for it, however plenty of them voted for and supported the ones that gave trillions of dollars to banks ceos and corporations who got us into the mess we are in, but this latest one that will give money in the form of benefits and handouts to the struggling lower and middle class not one Republican wants to support, that is all you need to know about the party of corruption and greed

The only good Republican is a dead one
Wow you certainly ran with your own agenda there. I never said this was all the fault of Regean/Bush and if you believe that you are only wearing your party blinders. Freddie Mac and Fannie mae where instructed to buy all these "evil predatory loans" by their govt. sponsors therby creating the climate that allowed companies that knew how to write a morgatge to the specs they would buy without ever risking a dime of their own! These were all programs Dems started and promoted without regulation! If you want the proof i have linked them many many times. The actual video of dems arguing against regulation while Repubs. tried to get it in place on Freddie and Fannie. NY Times story about Clinton admin. pushing hard for banks to make these loans.
It is just another example of Dems caring so much they try the unworkable in the name of compassion even though it hurts far more then it helps... much like welfare does!
BTW if you want the links i will post em but i doubt you would look at anything that might hurt your world view.

as far as being geared to the middle class...yeah the 13 dollars a week should even everything out till January when it drops to 8 dollars a week.. Nice tax cut for the middle class! If i were you i would look for Alan Fundt or Ashton Kusher cause you all got punked!

Last edited by socal4now; 02-15-2009 at 10:37 PM.. Reason: more detail
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies