Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 12:46 PM

1,768 posts, read 3,413,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Bringing out the Nazi symbol is never a good idea, but this person is not claiming to be a Nazi. The sign saying OBama is suggesting that Obama is a Nazi.
Everyone knows Nobama is not a nazi he is a mod cut' Commie, though. I'm not convinced that's Malkin in the photo anyway.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 02-18-2009 at 02:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2009, 12:46 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
But you see, that isn't a proper comparison because literally all leaders of all nations concentrate on keeping their infrastructure solid and their population's working. You are using broad generalizations to further your argument while my comparisons are quite a bit more intricate.

And when I said he wasn't an all around Hitler, I was pretty much referring to the fact that he didn't have a hand in murdering millions and millions of people. Maybe thousands and thousands, but not millions and millions.
First, it's not my argument. I don't draw such comparisons.

Leaders also concentrate on national security.

Old 02-18-2009, 12:49 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,829,350 times
Quote:

As far as Palin's kids were concerned, I too thought this was in bad taste. These children are not even adults yet but their faces and stories are known around the world. But in a way that is what happens when you put yourself in the public eye..

i didnt understand what was the point of doing little documentary on brisol by greta and then people have the nerve to say keep palins kids out of this, i believe she wants them/her in the limelight.

Old 02-18-2009, 01:00 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,646,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
i didnt understand what was the point of doing little documentary on brisol by greta and then people have the nerve to say keep palins kids out of this, i believe she wants them/her in the limelight.
You could be right.

Old 02-18-2009, 01:10 PM

410 posts, read 515,190 times
do you understand what your hatred towards black skin color is yet? you want to grow up and fix the demented problem in your brain that you have towards black skin color every single one of you across the world. I am sick of hearing that you are racist towards obama all because he might be muslim.

Old 02-18-2009, 01:58 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
OK remember when Madonna had Hitler and McCain projected on the screens at her concerts?

Old 02-18-2009, 02:28 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,431,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
OK remember when Madonna had Hitler and McCain projected on the screens at her concerts?

So? This swastika was at a Republican event, a rally to oppose Obama's stimulus plan.

The GOP is just steeped in hate, it's little wonder that to them a swastika is just part of everyday life.

Old 02-18-2009, 03:23 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Man, is the GOP all about hate or what? Here's the queen of hate (she shares that distinction with Ann Coulter) posing with some jerk holding an anti Obama swastika sign at a Colorado Republican function.

The GOP wonders why they've been rejected by the American people..you would think this kind of thing would give them a clue...Not so, for Colorado Republicans State Senator Josh Penry, Congressman Mike Coffman, State GOP Chairman Dick Wadhams and State Senator Dave Schultheis were all there and none of them said a thing about it.

ProgressNow Colorado | Michael Ditto: I thought they closed down the nut factory!

So the guy is showing a sign compairing Obama to a nazi....I wonder why and I don't agree with some one doing that. Do you think Michelle had a chance to see the sign before the pics. was taken? No proof of that...I never heard Michelle say anything that was close to symbolizing with nazi's, racism or anti-semitism....so don't try to make Michelle into some one she isn't!

I have heard Obama's friends and "uncle" saying racisist things and preaching it in church...so what is your point?

Obama only started to denounce his racist pastor after it was damaging him self, but for years the same Rev. Wright said these things and there is proof of that...Obama sat in that church for over 20 years and was personal friends with him....so that makes me believe Obama didn't disagree until it wasn't convenient with his political career....

Old 02-18-2009, 03:41 PM

500 posts, read 910,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
where were the liberal shrieks of outrage in the thousands of instances where leftards equated bush with hitler?
When Obama kills over a million innocent people, I will.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:19 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
Quote:
Sorry, but Bush was equated with Hitler because of the actual similarities between the two. Bush's attack on the American people's rights with the Patriot Act was actually a mirror image of what Hitler did after the Reichstag fire. Many of Bush's speeches could be played over Hitler's speeches and they said nearly the same things in regards to national security as well as the way the whipped the masses into a war crazed frenzy. Heck, Bush's own grandfather Prescott Bush was a Hitler funder and supporter. So the lines drawn to connect these two were not purely political, there actually are many similarities between the two. Was Bush another all around Hitler. Of course not! Were there actual similarites between their actions and speeches. Definately.

And when Obama passes the fairness doctrine to limit free speech, takes away gun owner's rights, establishes his "police" force, you'll see the parallels of the Third Reich.

We have a marginal leader who was elected with little to no experience, a charismatic speaker who speaks to a nation of citizens who are looking for hope and change in the aftermath of war, terrorism and a struggling economy. His followers used intimidation and stong arm tactics to get him elected, with voter fraud and blatant refusal to allow whites to vote (Philadelphia). No one was allowed to mention his middle name or they'd be labeled a racist. Oh, and both of them were born in other countries, whether you want to believe it or not.

So far he's the new Jimmy Carter with shades of Roosevelt and his "New Deal" stimulus plan. There are also many parallels between Juan Peron, former Argentine President, and Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies