Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 06:09 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,517,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Do you believe in welfare?
Do you believe in the death penalty?
Do you believe in the right to life until birth, and only until birth? Thought so.

Your frantic emotional outburst means nothing.
If you're against abortion, don't have one. No one is forcing you to do something against your will (as the anti-choice people are trying to do).
It's not a baby until it's born. Duh.
_______
sweetclimber, you might want to read the news instead of relying on Rush and O'Reilly for your information.
What you wrote, is once again, and as usual, devoid of factual content.
In YOUR opinion it is not a human life until it is born. You guys are forcing YOUR beliefs on us with the abortion laws.

I rely on logic and reason unfortunately, since I think all most media distorts the truth anyhow from BOTH sides. Why else would they REALLY want to push to pork filled bill through so fast? Use some logic sometime instead of relying on msnbc and other partisan sources
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2009, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
The Pope is critical of Nancy Pelosi because of her stance on a womans right to choose...but he oversees a church that has sexually abused children for generations and which has been complicit in shielding priests from prosection...at least one of the enablers serve in the college of cardinals in the Vatican. The same pope was a member of Hitler's youth and served in the Nazi army defending a slave labor factory from American's and now is inviting a non repentant bishop back into the church who was excommunicated for denying that Hitler had concentration camps for the extermination of the Jews!
This pope actively works to prevent women in third world countries from having access to birth control and escaping from the cycle of poverty and this pope advocates policies that exaccerbates the spread of HIV/AIDS, by outlawing safe sex/condom use.

This Pope is on very shaky ground to be criticizing anyone! He is a moral and public health disaster.

I think you should show us a CREDIBLE link for all these wild accusations. I do not mean a link from some radical Liberal hatemonger that wants to destroy organized religion either

Old 02-19-2009, 06:32 AM

48,138 posts, read 22,007,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
I think you should show us a CREDIBLE link for all these wild accusations. I do not mean a link from some radical Liberal hatemonger that wants to destroy organized religion either
I spent a few minutes on Google.....but I suggest you do the same...the sources are too numerous to list.....I dont think Drudge or Limbaugh or Fox have much to add to the discussion so you may need to look further to find some right wing hate monger who wants to deny the holocaust, defend the Nazi's and let unprotected women be infected with the AIDs virus by their husbands or deny birth control to married couples in third world countries.

Abuse statistics:
In 2004, 1,000 Alleged Abuse by Priests (washingtonpost.com)

Cardinal Law:
Cardinal Law Given Post In Rome - New York Times

Vatican Appoints Law Head of Basilica

Aids in africa:
Catholic Church condom prohibition comes face to face with reality of AIDS in Africa - Catholic Online
this one is from a Catholic News source.....I dont think you can accuse them of trying to destroy organized religion.

Vatican: condoms don't stop Aids | World news | The Guardian

Holocaust Denying Bishop:

German Catholic leader wants Williamson response now | Reuters

Old 02-19-2009, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I spent a few minutes on Google.....but I suggest you do the same...the sources are too numerous to list.....I dont think Drudge or Limbaugh or Fox have much to add to the discussion so you may need to look further to find some right wing hate monger who wants to deny the holocaust, defend the Nazi's and let unprotected women be infected with the AIDs virus by their husbands or deny birth control to married couples in third world countries.
Abuse statistics:
In 2004, 1,000 Alleged Abuse by Priests (washingtonpost.com)

Cardinal Law:
Cardinal Law Given Post In Rome - New York Times

Vatican Appoints Law Head of Basilica

Aids in africa:
Catholic Church condom prohibition comes face to face with reality of AIDS in Africa - Catholic Online
this one is from a Catholic News source.....I dont think you can accuse them of trying to destroy organized religion.

Vatican: condoms don't stop Aids | World news | The Guardian

Holocaust Denying Bishop:

German Catholic leader wants Williamson response now | Reuters
I think that most of that is a bunch lies. I do realize that there have problably been a few cases of abuse that were actually true, but most were people wanting to get paid.

As far as what I have bolded, you may want to seek professional help for all the hate you have for other people

Old 02-19-2009, 07:15 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
In YOUR opinion it is not a human life until it is born. You guys are forcing YOUR beliefs on us with the abortion laws.
I said baby, not life, did I not.
Try restating what I say correctly, it'd be quite refreshing for a change.

I don't get MSNBC where I live, nor do I get most US news here in Europe.
Maybe you should find out some facts before you make sweeping generalizations.
Again, it would be refreshing.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:56 AM

2,557 posts, read 5,861,916 times
The Pope told Pelosi that Catholic politicians must protect life. I wonder if she passed that on to her fellow "Catholic" buddy Joe Biden.

I thought this thread was about Pelosi, not about bad mouthing the Pope.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:58 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Bad mouthing the pope is just a bonus.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:15 AM

1,722 posts, read 2,556,626 times
Quote:

How, exactly? Does legal abortion force YOU to have an abortion? Don't think so. As was said earlier, don't like abortion? Don't have one.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:38 AM

48,138 posts, read 22,007,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiegirlfriend View Post
The Pope told Pelosi that Catholic politicians must protect life. I wonder if she passed that on to her fellow "Catholic" buddy Joe Biden.

I thought this thread was about Pelosi, not about bad mouthing the Pope.
The first sentence in the opening post was about the Pope and his emotional state and reaction to the Speaker of the House of Representatives of the United States of America. I think it is within the subject matter to comment on the Pope and his basis for making moral and ethical judgements.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:50 AM

8,064 posts, read 18,011,851 times
Quote:

I rely on logic and reason unfortunately, since I think all most media distorts the truth anyhow from BOTH sides. Why else would they REALLY want to push to pork filled bill through so fast? Use some logic sometime instead of relying on msnbc and other partisan sources
Exactly. If I were a pregnant woman in distress, I would NOT want to put my and my unborn child's lives in the hands of libs. "Chielgirl" and her ilk, with their "beliefs," would apparently let a viable fetus die because "it's not really a baby yet."

It is really weird, though, how libs can glibly insult the leader of a church with a billion members over a twit like Pelosi. I'm not a Catholic and don't have any affection for the pope but c'mon! The dude is at least highly intelligent and a prolific author. You don't have to agree with the guy to recognize his accomplishments. Pelosi is vacuous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies