Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 06:44 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,659 times

Advertisements

The Pope was not too happy with Nancy's stance on abortion.

Pelosi has made it public that she is a Catholic. She just doesn't seem to be a good Catholic.

Why has Pelosi continued to run for office all these years from San Fransisco, and push for San Fransisco values, when SF "values" usually conflict with her religious values.

According to her, she is personally against abortion. Shouldn't she have ditched her Congressional career years ago to preserve her dignity? Or at least her personal self worth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2009, 06:49 PM

7,931 posts, read 9,156,295 times
Too bad the Pontiff didn't break out some of the Inquisition relics from the Vatican basement. Lay a whuppin on old Botox face!

Old 02-18-2009, 06:55 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,431,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
The Pope was not too happy with Nancy's stance on abortion.

Yeah, and I bet Nancy is none too happy with the Catholic Church's support of pedophilia.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:24 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Shouldn't she have ditched her Congressional career years ago to preserve her dignity? Or at least her personal self worth?
What does this mean?

And how do you feel about the death penalty?

The real problem is thinking that an old religious fart in a funny hat should have anything particularly noteworthy to say about morality in the first place.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:33 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upton View Post
yeah, and i bet nancy is none too happy with the catholic church's support of pedophilia.
I'm not a Pelosi OR Pope fan myself.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:38 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Yeah, and I bet Nancy is none too happy with the Catholic Church's support of pedophilia.
There's an old saying for this...popes living in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones!

Old 02-18-2009, 07:51 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,003,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post

Moderator cut: personal attack What is worse touching a child inappropriately or killing it? Both seem bad to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
There's an old saying for this...popes living in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones!
Umm I think you got that saying wrong.

Last edited by katzenfreund; 02-19-2009 at 09:53 AM..

Old 02-19-2009, 03:19 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,517,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
What does this mean?

And how do you feel about the death penalty?

The real problem is thinking that an old religious fart in a funny hat should have anything particularly noteworthy to say about morality in the first place.
I am sure the Pope really cares about your opinion

Pelosi SHOULD have been back in America allowing the Reps and Americans time to read the stimulus bill instead of ramming it through using no "transparancy" as they said they what.

Idiot Democrats

Old 02-19-2009, 05:04 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
Moderator cut: personal attack What is worse touching a child inappropriately or killing it? Both seem bad to me.
Do you believe in welfare?
Do you believe in the death penalty?
Do you believe in the right to life until birth, and only until birth? Thought so.

Your frantic emotional outburst means nothing.
If you're against abortion, don't have one. No one is forcing you to do something against your will (as the anti-choice people are trying to do).
It's not a baby until it's born. Duh.
_______
sweetclimber, you might want to read the news instead of relying on Rush and O'Reilly for your information.
What you wrote, is once again, and as usual, devoid of factual content.

Last edited by katzenfreund; 02-19-2009 at 09:54 AM..

Old 02-19-2009, 05:16 AM

48,133 posts, read 22,007,656 times
The Pope is critical of Nancy Pelosi because of her stance on a womans right to choose*...but he oversees a church that has sexually abused children for generations and which has been complicit in shielding priests from prosection...at least one of the enablers serves in the college of cardinals in the Vatican.

The same pope was a member of Hitler's youth and served in the Nazi army defending a slave labor factory from American's and now is inviting a non repentant bishop back into the church who was excommunicated for denying that Hitler had concentration camps for the extermination of the Jews!

This pope actively works to prevent women in third world countries from having access to birth control and escaping from the cycle of poverty and this pope advocates policies that exaccerbates the spread of HIV/AIDS, by outlawing safe sex/condom use.

This Pope is on very shaky ground to be criticizing anyone! He is a moral and public health disaster.

* He chooses red Prada slippers!

Last edited by elston; 02-19-2009 at 06:13 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies