Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: IS IT???
YES 63 60.58%
NO 17 16.35%
Only if he's a Republican 8 7.69%
Only if he's a Democrat 0 0%
Only if he's George Bush 5 4.81%
Only if he's Barack Obama 7 6.73%
Only if he is in office 2 1.92%
Only if he is out of office 1 0.96%
Only if he is living 1 0.96%
Only if he is dead 0 0%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 11:20 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,630,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post

I like the closing date for the poll!

Whats so special about 11/21/2011? If you don't mind me asking!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2009, 11:30 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
If a wild pig was tearing my house apart, I wouldn't respect my house by not insulting the pig.
LOL!!!

Now, could someone explain how you respect an office ?

Old 03-04-2009, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanbean View Post
I find it humorous how you silly, stupid liberals bash a good President who kept us safe for 8 years and yet you absolutely adore a man who has little experience, apparently he will fix everything...hmm, I don't know. It is nice though after 8 years of bashing President GWB that you have finally shut your mouths. Thank the good Lord for that!
Oh, no, I still insult Georgie bushy junior any chance I get...he is a stupid, ignorant, illiterate, nasty, cowardly, spoiled brat, drunk who hates Americans and America...

Obama has little experience...ya, he's only been president a little over a month....bushybaby had 8 years of experience and STILL couldn't get it right!

Old 03-05-2009, 09:42 AM

18 posts, read 57,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Oh, no, I still insult Georgie bushy junior any chance I get...he is a stupid, ignorant, illiterate, nasty, cowardly, spoiled brat, drunk who hates Americans and America...

Obama has little experience...ya, he's only been president a little over a month....bushybaby had 8 years of experience and STILL couldn't get it right!
Everyone has their faults. GWB may not have been the greatest speaker, however look at his compassion to the soldiers and their families - look at the unfailing vision he had throughout his 8 years as President! That is what matters! And who says that Obama will get it right, either? It pisses me off that liberals think that he is "the savior"...Obama could screw up quite royally as well. You give President Bush much less credit that he deserves. I think that history will be kind to President Bush, he will go down as one of the greatest!

Old 03-05-2009, 09:47 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
LOL!!!

Now, could someone explain how you respect an office ?
It is a little tough to respect the Oval Office after the games that Clinton played there when he was using the office as his private bordello.

However, the office of the Presidency, can be respected whether one respects the holder of the office. I never stopped respecting the office while Clinton was the holder.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:59 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
It is a little tough to respect the Oval Office after the games that Clinton played there when he was using the office as his private bordello.

However, the office of the Presidency, can be respected whether one respects the holder of the office. I never stopped respecting the office while Clinton was the holder.
If the office is a hideout for criminals, it should be given the respect that such use deserves.

Old 03-05-2009, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanbean View Post
Everyone has their faults. GWB may not have been the greatest speaker, however look at his compassion to the soldiers and their families - look at the unfailing vision he had throughout his 8 years as President! That is what matters! And who says that Obama will get it right, either? It pisses me off that liberals think that he is "the savior"...Obama could screw up quite royally as well. You give President Bush much less credit that he deserves. I think that history will be kind to President Bush, he will go down as one of the greatest!
NO, he ridiculed the search for WMD's like it was funny!!! While trops lost their lives and limbs and faces , HE JOKED about it. When visiting maimed troops in the hospital he made light of their horrible wounds by comparing them to the scratch he got "cutting brush" !!! He sent into harm's way unprepared! He HID their coffins in shame as theey came home to the country they fought for!

"Unfailing vision" ??? NO, stubborn unfailing stupidity ! NO intellectual curiosity, no plans!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post

HOW do you respect, show respect, for an "office"? Bow your head when you hear the words??

Seriously, I am trying to figure out what "respect the office" consists of??

Old 03-05-2009, 10:53 AM

18 posts, read 57,757 times
Who?!Me?! - Woah!!! Calm down. You need to shut your face. Period. I'm leaving to find a group of Republicans who actually see the good in President Bush, unlike you who constantly feel the need to bash and tear at a great President. He did what he felt was right, what the majority of the American people wanted. Don't bash him on the war - go yell at Congress, you idiot. They were the ones who said, "Go ahead."

Old 03-05-2009, 10:59 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
I voted "NO"...I'm against insulting any president in a democracy...from what ever party...

I'm in favor of being critical about what they stand for and what they act on....but be respectful...unfortunately George Bush has been trashed so much even by this president and blamed for things George Bush wasn't guilty of, just as this administration lied about Rush his remarks and so i'm losing a lot of respect for this administration, specially since Obama has been sitting for over 20 years in a racist church listening to racism and never spoke up...until it was damaging his political carreer.

A president can be treated with the same respect as he has shown for others....

Old 03-05-2009, 11:01 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:

Well I hope you get the same respect in your life as you give to others
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies