Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 05:16 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,510,719 times

Advertisements

Lets stop prolonging adolescents

College kids? More like college adults

They are grown and they should have enough sense to not make stupid decisions.

I am almost 22 I have never in my life thought it was a bright idea to go to a foreign country involved in turmoil to get wasted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 05:17 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Citizen of the world? So does that mean you pledge to the United Nations instead of the United States? There was another person who considered himself a "citizen of the world". Look up Stephen Fowler who appeared on ABC's Wife Swap.

No; it doesn't mean that I pledge to the U.N.

I have no interest in trash television and have to go make dinner now; suppose you can give me the cliff notes on this Stephen Fowler person and I'll read them tomorrow.

Old 02-26-2009, 05:19 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times
Stephen Fowler on Wife Swap

Old 02-26-2009, 05:20 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
Lets stop prolonging adolescents

College kids? More like college adults

They are grown and they should have enough sense to make stupid decisions.

I am almost 22 I have never in my life thought it was a bright idea to go to a foreign country involved in turmoil to get wasted.
Maybe if they would act like adults, they would be called adults. And, except for college students who completely pay their own way, they aren't fully adults.

And shouldn't that say, "should have enough sense to NOT make stupid decisions."

Old 02-26-2009, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Maybe if they would act like adults, they would be called adults. And, except for college students who completely pay their own way, they aren't fully adults.

And shouldn't that say, "should have enough sense to NOT make stupid decisions."
Yes they are fully adults it doesn't matter if they are paying their way or not they still are adults.

Fixed typo.

Old 02-26-2009, 05:28 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
Yes they are fully adults it doesn't matter if they are paying their way or not they still are adults.

Fixed typo.
No they aren't fully adults. Adults pay their own expenses with money they earn themselves.

And the human brain isn't even finished developing and maturing until 24 or 25 anyway...

If it was, we wouldn't see as much immature behavior from these young adults.

Old 02-26-2009, 05:30 PM

240 posts, read 352,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Colleges produce nothing! The kids coming out of them can not even properly structure a sentence. Correct spelling, grammar and punctuation are still proper etiquette. Speaking in acronyms is not. Nor can they read with comprehension.

So my suggestion is that we get back to phonics in elementary school. Knock off teaching children how to roll a condom down a cucumber. We knock off "Heather Has Two Mommies". Re-introduce the Ten Commandments and The Golden Rule. Get back to a structured home (send the yuppies home) and then have children academically earn their way into a college, and not accept them simply 'cause they can shoot hoops. When we as a society earn something, we appreciate it. And, that's a proven fact.

By doing that this country will in fact improve incredibly!
*cough* I counted several grammatical errors in your post....sorry...but the irony was tasty.

Old 02-26-2009, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
No they aren't fully adults. Adults pay their own expenses with money they earn themselves.

And the human brain isn't even finished developing and maturing until 24 or 25 anyway...

If it was, we wouldn't see as much immature behavior from these young adults.

We see immature behavior in young adults because parents and society coddles them. People attribute their behavior to youthful aggregation instead of making them face their actions.

Old 02-26-2009, 05:32 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post

I found this about Stephen Fowler as well.

Hatred for ‘Wife Swap’ husband still grows - More reality TV news, features- msnbc.com

A true jerk, it seems. One more reason to stay away from those bizarre reality tv shows.

Old 02-26-2009, 05:32 PM

240 posts, read 352,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Knowing 5 different languages doesn't impress me. What will that do for this country?

Knowing different languages in this day and time only means he has just increased his chances for being out-sourced or out-shipped.

If he or you bought into that doctrine you are just as guilty as those who got us to where we sit this very day.
Do tell us what you do for a living...you know..if you can find time in between all the nose thumbing you are doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies