Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 01:34 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,584,302 times

Advertisements

THought I'd post a silly analogy just like in the OP: What do you guys think?? Funny or not????

Tell your kids this story...

There was a boy who grew up in a middle class family, worked his way thru college, studied hard, and graduated top of his class. With the Reagan Tax Reform act of 1986 - which disproportionately lowered taxes on the wealthy - he decided to go into business, and was successful and ended up hiring over 100 people... and became rich...

When things got tough - he would fire people and cut employee benefits as needed to keep profits up - what else can a CEO do??

One day, nearing his 'golden years' - a politician comes to town and imposed an additional 2% tax on anyone with incomes over $500,000....

This hard working, God Fearing man lost it. He boarded an international flight, and over the mid-Atlantic went into the bathroom, mixed two liquids together in a small cannister, pulled the smoke alarm down to exposed the wires, then touched them to make a spark - causing a huge explosion that sent all 300 passengers and crew to their deathes...

And this is why taxes on the rich should NEVER, EVER be raised... Because in 'class warfare', there ARE casualties... You can only punish the successful just so much before they SNAP!!!

Old 02-28-2009, 01:45 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,027,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
THought I'd post a silly analogy just like in the OP: What do you guys think?? Funny or not????

Tell your kids this story...

There was a boy who grew up in a middle class family, worked his way thru college, studied hard, and graduated top of his class. With the Reagan Tax Reform act of 1986 - which disproportionately lowered taxes on the wealthy - he decided to go into business, and was successful and ended up hiring over 100 people... and became rich...

When things got tough - he would fire people and cut employee benefits as needed to keep profits up - what else can a CEO do??

One day, nearing his 'golden years' - a politician comes to town and imposed an additional 2% tax on anyone with incomes over $500,000....

This hard working, God Fearing man lost it. He boarded an international flight, and over the mid-Atlantic went into the bathroom, mixed two liquids together in a small cannister, pulled the smoke alarm down to exposed the wires, then touched them to make a spark - causing a huge explosion that sent all 300 passengers and crew to their deathes...

And this is why taxes on the rich should NEVER, EVER be raised... Because in 'class warfare', there ARE casualties... You can only punish the successful just so much before they SNAP!!!

Old 02-28-2009, 01:46 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,027,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I believe it's up to parents to teach their kids about money and finance.

Some days I teach my kids about liberal economics. If they do some extra task, I might pay them but then I take away their money and tell them we must be fair and give an equal portion to the ones who sat watching television or playing video games. Other days are conservive economics where if they do the work, they keep the money. It's interesting that they will only work on conservative economics days.
That's a good one! LOL!

Old 02-28-2009, 01:49 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,475,923 times
Quote:

Some days I teach my kids about liberal economics. If they do some extra task, I might pay them but then I take away their money and tell them we must be fair and give an equal portion to the ones who sat watching television or playing video games. Other days are conservive economics where if they do the work, they keep the money. It's interesting that they will only work on conservative economics days.
So basically conservative economics are for the immature?

Old 02-28-2009, 02:02 PM

358 posts, read 472,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
You are sounding awfully paranoid now. Help is available ya know.
I see you speak as your description states about what you do not know. I may need professional help but it is not about paranoia. And certainly not about eeeeeeeee, aka sunkelhammer.

Old 02-28-2009, 02:21 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,584,302 times
Quote:

You know what would be a real scream???

When you're old and in a nursing home, your kids tell you they'll only foot the bill every other month (conservative months), and that on the other months they'll purge some money from your savings accounts and give it to people who didn't think to save for their retirement... because they have to be fair.

ROFLMAO!!!

Last edited by mrbob; 02-28-2009 at 02:30 PM..

Old 02-28-2009, 04:57 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,532,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
Biggest problem I can see with your story is it's based on a lie. The top 5% earners pay 60% of the taxes while receiving less than 37% of the income. Wouldn't a "disproportionate tax cut for the wealthy" have to take that tax percentage down below 37%?

Lefties aren't real good with numbers, are they?

Old 02-28-2009, 05:00 PM

Quote:
You know what would be a real scream???

When you're old and in a nursing home, your kids tell you they'll only foot the bill every other month (conservative months), and that on the other months they'll purge some money from your savings accounts and give it to people who didn't think to save for their retirement... because they have to be fair.

ROFLMAO!!!
The rub here is only liberal parents have to rely on their kids to pay their nursing home bill. Conservative folks already have their care taken care of. Ooops!! LOL.

Old 02-28-2009, 05:06 PM

Quote:
As soon as the OP started talking about 'punishing the successful', he gave himself away as a Hannity and Limbaugh listener...

What a joke. PLUS - the analogies used are so lame and dumb and off the mark as to be hillarious!!!

Anytime we decrease taxes on the rich - the extreme right cheers and claps..

Try to take back one red cent and they start chanting 'class warfare', 'punishing the successful'.

ROFLMAO!!!

Where was their righteous indignation when the middle class was seeing their wealth transferred to the upper class over the past 30 years???

Tell you what, pardner. When all taxpayers start paying the same tax rate, THEN you can complain about tax cuts for the rich.

Old 02-28-2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
Or you could just teach them personal finance and instead of indoctrinating them towards your political viewpoint.
It so happens when you teach kids about personal finance, you are simultaneously teaching them conservative values. That's a kick in the pants, ain't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies