Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2009, 05:35 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,851,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
This is politics...The GOP doesnt want to help govern...therefore they must be voted out of office..

Speaking as a liberal...mostly Democratic voter, I'm glad as hell they are going after the GOP...Make them look foolish...lets reduce their numbers to where they don't matter.

You don't like it?......Go win an election.
Not sure where you get that republicans dont want to help but whats the point really when all their ideas are passed over and just told they are old tired ideas that dont work. Lets not forget that Obama ran on that idea an promised that idea.

They arent going after the Gop they are going after an entertainer. Now stop and ask yourself. If I lost my job and about to lose my house. Would you want to hear Obama and Gibbs and the Dnc wasting time on Rush?

Or would it be more important to you that they work on the economy and focus on whats really important. I can tell you what I would be thinking.

Go win an election lol Republicans held the presidency for 8 years . Democrats have won 2 elections and think republicans are gone and out dated. Look at the county map of this past election and see America is still very much red

Dont think for a min that the republican party is over but the democrat party might be if you all dont stop wasting time on silly things like Rush and focus on what America needs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 05:41 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,851,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
No it's not foolish. Getting rid of the GOP in Congress is about the best thing they can do....They are all obstructionists and radicals.

And of course Americans are not thinking the DNC is wasting their time...Americans don't think that much about politics at all....All they know is the GOP is in bed with Rush Limbaugh...and they dont' like Rush Limbaugh..LOL.

Obama's poll numbers are the highest they've ever been...The Dem Party's numbers are the highest in thirty years..

You only wish they'd stop hanging Rush around the GOP's neck cause it's working for the Dems....LOL

Yeah republicans are suppose to just bow down and give up their morals and give Obama everything he wants. Didnt know thats how its suppose to work. Thought they were suppose to do whats best for America.

As far as republicans being obstructionists . They have put forth plans I just didnt know they were required to also steal from our children.

Wanna talk about radicals we can look into Obamas past but wait you said all republicans are radicals not democrats my bad

How do you know what all of America is thinking? You seriously think that someone that lost their job and losing their home is happy you all are wasting so much time on Rush really you think that is whats important to those Americans. NOT getting a job. Not keeping their house but you attacking Rush. yeah I'm sure all American agrees with you.

Obamas poll numbers are NOT the highest they have ever been. He is between 60 to 63% His disapproval numbers are also increasing.

Give it 6 mths and we'll see how well its working for dems.

Old 03-05-2009, 05:59 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,123,063 times
and by the way how about Palin joining Rush on that unstoppable GOP ticket in 2012, now that might make Obama sweat a little bit in hopes of getting reelected....I think all those on the right should join the reigns and start promoting that right now.....C'mon that's a winning strategy, no doubt about.

Old 03-05-2009, 06:35 PM

24,422 posts, read 23,084,509 times
"The Whitehouse needed an enema, but instead we got a douche." Oh, thats a slam on Obama. But it fits.

Old 03-05-2009, 06:38 PM

7,948 posts, read 9,164,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Why doesn't Obama and the White House spend more time working on the economy and less time on useless banter with Rush. Pathetic really.
I was thinking the same thing. Carville and Begala aren't officially part of the campaign, so they are free to do whatever they want. Emmanuel and Gibbs, however would spend their time more wisely by doing SOMETHING to stabilize the economy.

It should be beneath the Administration to play tit for tat with a radio talk show host. All it does is legitimize Rush, give him more attention, and more ratings/money.

Old 03-05-2009, 07:59 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,616,724 times
To the OP: why would it be necessary for the "Dem attack machine" (as though the Republicans never played any such games) to come up with anti-Rush slogans? The man provides all the ammunition necessary all by himself, every time he opens his mouth.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:14 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,282,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Exactly there is nothing else better to be focused on other then what Rush is saying.

Very well put

The economy must be great because this is the democrat focus
No,it's the media's focus.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:43 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times
Its called the dirty tricks squad and JFK invented it and then Nixon took teh idea the next election.Nothing new here ;its now just part of politics . The next maybe aided at the administration.But htis is kind of stupid on their part because a TV talkinghead just sees it as advertisement. Wander he is behind it himself. Good for his rating.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:57 PM

26,221 posts, read 49,072,443 times
Since the website for the contest showed what was ostensibly Limbaugh's hand holding a cigar, this is what I sent in:
"What are Rush and the GOP smoking in those cigars?"

Old 03-05-2009, 09:03 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,428,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
Rush again? This is getting a little weird. He's not a politician. You don't hear me complaining about the drive -by liberal media. I don't waste my time listening to that Matrix stuff.

What's going on with these crooks Obama keeps appointing? Just asking. How are we suppose to move forward? If he's taking my money I hope he fails as well.
You are right about the crooks OBama seems to keep appointing. Let's not forget that Bush had a lot of his people RESIGN under his administration. Let me start with one of his super stars---Colin Powell, and the resignation list kept growing and growing. Either way you look at it, Bush, Obama or if Mccain would have won, our country would still be in the same boat, and I guess what ever party's ideology you agree with, you would be justfying why the economy is where it is by pointing the finger at the other party.

Again we need to wake up and smell the Yuban. The Bush administration waited almost til he was out of office to finally admit that our country was in a Recession. How pathetic was that? Now that Obama has inherited this mess, his solution is to spend even more money than Bush. Remember Bush started these Stimulus Bills that didn't work under his administraion and even the big daddy of them all, the 850 billion package, didn't help us . But who benefitted from that bailout the most? Those good old rich boys on wall street, those big corporations and many banks, who by the way kept their CEOs flying in their private jets and spending our money on bonuses to their CEOs and lavish parties. We can't keep spending our way out of a recession. Yet some people want Obama to fail so that they can go--na na na na. Hummmmmmmmmmmmmm? Lawd help us!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies