Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2009, 04:36 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,859,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
I love it. More people are listening to him and more people will be influenced. Gottasay said it right, he is polite and he knows his enemy, he males sense and he pokes fun at the libs and Dems tp the point that they foam at the mouth and are even more incoherent than usual. Once again, the Democrats shoot themselves in the foot.
Listen carefully to Rush. He often uses so many clauses in his sentences that the entire point of the sentence is derailed and incomplete.

Rush repeats the same point over and over again in different ways. I guess it is so his listeners can understand the point. Even if Rush had a topic that was worth listening to, his repetitive repetition is annoying to people who get it the first time.

Another tactic Rush does is say something like, "Obama wants YOUR 401K!' "More later after this message break." Then the listeners are getting p*ssed off more each minute of the 10 minute commercial break during which Rush does his infomercial about investing in gold. When Rush finally returns to what the 401K thing was about, if he does, it is some totally irrelevant blip. Meanwhile, Rush evoked intense anger in you and made you associate this anger with the name Obama.

These are typical brainwashing techniques which are known to be more effective in people of lower IQs.

I see a lot of pickup trucks driving erratically during the noon hour. I wonder if they are listening to Rush's radio show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
I totally feel we are headed in the wrong direction. I believe it is something like 80% of the 250 are small business I may have the % wrong but they are the largest number so hitting them is counter productive in my opinion!

Try these stats. Less than 5% of small business will even see any tax increase.

Small businesses unlikely to get hit by Obama tax increase | www.azstarnet.com ® (http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/politics/282026 - broken link)

Old 03-10-2009, 04:51 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,495,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
So then you don't listen to Obama, either? He said he did cocaine.
"did cocaine" =/= "drug addict". Do I really have to point that out, or are you just throwing this crap out because you don't know what else to say?

Old 03-10-2009, 04:58 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,899,632 times
[quote=MovingForward;7663686]Totally wrong. Only a small percentage of small businesses will be affected by Obama's tax plan:QUOTE]

And surely the business' who do get taxed would never think of passing those extra taxes along to the middle and lower classes...!
Get real and know we will all pay dearly if only the rich are taxed.
The rich didn't get rich being stupid..! Mr Movingforward will be paying the taxes BO dumps on those rich guys...
Enjoy your new higher costs on everything, you earned it...

Old 03-10-2009, 05:02 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,899,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
"did cocaine" =/= "drug addict". Do I really have to point that out, or are you just throwing this crap out because you don't know what else to say?
Rush got hooked on pain killers because he had a serious back problem. He kicked the habit and is as clean as you are.
BO, on the other hand, was smoking dope and snorting cocaine because he is a bonified party animal.
I know you aren't interested in the truth, but I lost my head and decided to try anyway....

Old 03-10-2009, 05:06 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,505,011 times
1 Thread I parade the decriminalization of drugs because "people are going to do them anyways and it waste money going after them."

Another thread I berate someone that I was just standing up for in the other thread.

What am I?

Last edited by BigJon3475; 03-10-2009 at 05:12 PM.. Reason: Correction

Old 03-10-2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjon3475 View Post
1 thread i parade the decriminalization of drugs because "people are going to do them anyways and it waste money going after them."

another thread i berate someone that i was just standing up for in another thread.

What am i?
you?

Old 03-10-2009, 05:09 PM

3,977 posts, read 3,665,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
you?

The News!

Old 03-10-2009, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Rush got hooked on pain killers because he had a serious back problem. He kicked the habit and is as clean as you are.
BO, on the other hand, was smoking dope and snorting cocaine because he is a bonified party animal.
I know you aren't interested in the truth, but I lost my head and decided to try anyway....
I understand that Rush's back pain was so bad, he could only golf 6 days/week instead of 7!

His back pain was so bad that a MD could not prescribe enough pain medicine so he had to ellicit the help of his housekeeper.

Old 03-10-2009, 05:15 PM

3,977 posts, read 3,665,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I understand that Rush's back pain was so bad, he could only golf 6 days/week instead of 7!

His back pain was so bad that a MD could not prescribe enough pain medicine so he had to ellicit the help of his housekeeper.

No fair.. Unsubstantiated hear say!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies