Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2009, 04:34 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Roger and Me was excellent.
It was his best ever. He still had a few good ones (Fahrenheit 9/11 probably being the 2nd most successful) but his first was his best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 07:09 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,528,563 times
I'll have to take some oxycontin,hypocritically bash people who use drugs, and then I'll get back to you.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:02 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post
I had a discussion like this with a friend a couple weeks ago. I don't normally listen to his show as I think it gets a bit much at times but whenever I have heard him as a guest or being interviewed, he has always come off as very intelligent to me. Most of his answers being spot on with what I believe.

I can see how his show would turn some people off, but in all honesty, the people that make the little snide comments have probably never even listened or thought about his ideas. They get their little clips from the media and write him off as nothing but an instigator.
Who is Rush Limbaugh? Who cares

Old 05-26-2009, 01:38 PM

7,530 posts, read 11,367,834 times
Default Rush Limbaugh Calls Sotomayor and Obama Racists

Rush Limbaugh Calls Sonia Sotomayor, President Obama 'Racists' -- Politics Daily

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 05-28-2009 at 04:13 PM.. Reason: Misleading title opposite of what link represents

Old 05-26-2009, 01:57 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Just keep talkin' Rush, just keep talkin'.

Old 05-26-2009, 02:20 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,393,265 times
So, how exactly is it OK for Sotomayor to say that a judge's gender and ethnicity does, and should, influence his or her decision-making on the bench?
There would be outrage if this comment came from a white, male judge.

Old 05-26-2009, 02:52 PM

2,290 posts, read 5,545,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
So, how exactly is it OK for Sotomayor to say that a judge's gender and ethnicity does, and should, influence his or her decision-making on the bench?
There would be outrage if this comment came from a white, male judge.
When Justice Rehnquist was nominated to be an associate justice, he was seen goose-stepping and heil-Hitlering with brown-shirted friends in front of a Stanford University dormitory that housed the school’s few Jewish students. He also was infamous for telling racist and anti-Semitic jokes.

Rehnquist later bought a home in Vermont with a restrictive covenant that barred sale of the property to "'any member of the Hebrew race".

Justice Antonin "Fat Tony" Scalia inadvertently made a comment about a tequila-drinking Mexican. He's also made questionably derogatory comments about other non-Whites. Not to mention gays.

And that's just the justices in modern times.

Old 05-26-2009, 03:26 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
I haven't noticed many liberals beside the OP and little by him talking about the statement of Sotomayor that caused this thread to begin. She said that female Latinos are superior in thinking to white males and I don't see any of our lefthanded friends even talking about that. All they can think of is that Rush reported her words and called them racist. If they weren't racist what were they? It is a cinch that if Justice Scalia had reversed the people and said those same words the libs would be going wild about his racism. Here they are only howling about Rush to take the truth about the woman from the page.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 05-28-2009 at 04:16 PM.. Reason: reference to orphaned material

Old 05-26-2009, 03:37 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,247,551 times
Ok, I can see how an ignorant person reading that sole sentence from Sotamayor might be able to make some attenuated racism claim against her... now what has President Obama said that may be perceived as such? Why am I talking logically about a Rush Limbaugh statement? Damnit!! I got sucked in... please ignore.

Old 05-26-2009, 03:40 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post
(1)When Justice Rehnquist was nominated to be an associate justice, he was seen goose-stepping and heil-Hitlering with brown-shirted friends in front of a Stanford University dormitory that housed the school’s few Jewish students. (2)He also was infamous for telling racist and anti-Semitic jokes.

(3)Rehnquist later bought a home in Vermont with a restrictive covenant that barred sale of the property to "'any member of the Hebrew race".

(4)Justice Antonin "Fat Tony" Scalia inadvertently made a comment about a tequila-drinking Mexican. (5) He's also made questionably derogatory comments about other non-Whites. (6) Not to mention gays.

And that's just the justices in modern times.
oddly enough, you managed not to respond at all to what you just quoted.

number three i've heard of - do you have links for the other five claims?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies