Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2009, 11:16 AM

182 posts, read 103,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
MODERN MONEY MECHANICS - A Workbook On Bank Reserves And Deposit Expansion By Federal Reserve Bank Of Chicago | Love for Life

Report back when your done reading or when you get to the part after "Who creates moeny?" Please.

if you arent wealthy yourself what is your real reason for defending these people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 11:19 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,515,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Questionwhy View Post
if you arent wealthy yourself what is your real reason for defending these people

You aren't reading anything I'm writing. You can't be rich EVER by hating the people that are. Same reason you can't fall in love by hating the opposite sex... You can't solve a problem by hating the answer.

Old 03-14-2009, 11:26 AM

Another way to look at it...

You hate your professor before your first day of class. How much are you gonna learn from the "evil" dictator of knowledge? I may never get rich but what does it really matter to me if someone else does? They didn't do it by screwing me... The only people that can lawfully take my money is the government. Every other transaction is a two party transaction and I'm fully responsible for knowing the other side would like as much of my money as possible... In fact I would like as much of theirs (goods or deals..etc) so it's mutual.

And I agree monopolies are horrible things. How is one monopoly going to solve another one though? It's not... it's going to say dag they are making a lot of money how do I get in on that? We'll create something called a GSE..... Great idea.

Old 03-14-2009, 11:28 AM

5,224 posts, read 5,021,534 times
Quote:

I think what he is defending is that he thinks we "hate" them simply BECAUSE they are "rich". I shouldn't even say rich, because the attitude does not apply to only the top 1%.

Individually, I'm sure a lot of them would be very nice people.. But collectively, they are a dangerous group. One that controls just about everything in this nation through their money..etc.

I get that.. when you attatch the "hate" label to something, then people will defend those that are being "hated" on. So.. hate is NOt the proper word here.

HE's a maintenance worker.. and I"m sure that while he thinks his bosses are "nice" nad the company is "nice" .. that the people at the top think they are better than he is, simply because their paycheck is bigger.

Does he deserve any less of quality to life than the person at the top. And by quality, I don't mean luxuries.. I mean a simple quality.. to be happy, to be content and to be comfortable.? I'm sure his answer would be no, of course not. the owner of the company is NOT any better or worth anymore than he is, yet he fails to realize that they, at the top, THINK they are.

Old 03-14-2009, 11:36 AM

I'm not in slave labor. It's my choice where I work not theirs. I'm grateful that they are providing a job that I do work at. I'll even like the 5 year gift that's a paperweight. If 90 years ago I had started this company I would have expected to have a little more than a person that just does the status quo.

But what you folks seem to think is that someone making average pay can never be rich. Well that's just utterly false. However if you add complacent somewhere in there I'll agree. Hey on a side note did you folks notice those big evil banks are trading below $5? Seems like even the average Joe has opportunities like never before. Or we can all be negative and stay in the same position but maybe slightly happier I brought someone down with me.

me the lowly maintenance worker got an idea from my employer. All the training my employer provided and the funds they paid for me to go to school all provided me with a knowledge most homeowners wish they had. In fact they'll pay people $100/hr for that knowledge. Thanks Mr. Employer? And thank you too for all those assisted living programs you run and being a major player in the defining of a city...

I don't think you're evil no matter what the blissfully ignorant think.....

Last edited by BigJon3475; 03-14-2009 at 11:50 AM..

Old 03-14-2009, 11:37 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,306,651 times
Quote:
You, yourself, have used the word "HATE" when referring to the so called "rich" - why? Why do you hate the "rich"?

And, while we are at it, could you please give us your definition of exactly is "RICH"? What makes someone "rich"?

Old 03-14-2009, 11:38 AM

5,224 posts, read 5,021,534 times
Quote:
I'm not in slave labor. It's my choice where I work not theirs. I'm grateful that they are providing a job that I do work at. I'll even like the 5 year gift that's a paperweight. If 90 years ago I had started this company I would have expected to have a little more than a person that just does the status quo.

But what you folks seem to think is that someone making average pay can never be rich. Well that's just utterly false. However if you add complacent somewhere in there I'll agree. Hey on a side note did you folks notice those big evil banks are trading below $5? Seems like even the average Joe has opportunities like never before. Or we can all be negative and stay in the same position but maybe slightly happier I brought someone down with me.

No one ever said the middle can't get rich..
But right now, the middle is struggling NOT to be poor!!

Old 03-14-2009, 11:41 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,306,651 times
Quote:
health care is unnaffordable, education is unnafordable,
Let me ask - have you ever considered the Military as a career? Housing provided. Healthcare provided. Many benefits including travel provided. You can continue your education while in the military and with their reimbursement program, you can get a degree literally for free.

If you elect the GI education benefits, even if you get out after a few years - there is money there for your education and housing while in school

Consider it

Old 03-14-2009, 11:46 AM

Right....

http://www.ce.org/rdImages/ceindustry.JPG (broken link)

http://www.ce.org/rdImages/Topfive.jpg (broken link)

http://www.ce.org/rdImages/LargeShipvolume.jpg (broken link)

http://www.ce.org/rdImages/CEproduct.jpg (broken link)

CEA - Consumer Electronics Association (http://www.ce.org/default.asp - broken link)

Now are they struggling because they were living it up because of jealousy spawned off shows like MTV Cribs and How expensive can I make my wedding? Or are they struggling because of a life enthralled and destroyed by interest and little savings?

Old 03-14-2009, 12:01 PM

182 posts, read 103,762 times
Quote:
You aren't reading anything I'm writing. You can't be rich EVER by hating the people that are. Same reason you can't fall in love by hating the opposite sex... You can't solve a problem by hating the answer.

I dont care if I am rich, even if I was rich I would still support Democrat policies because I care about people, animals and the earth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies