Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2009, 02:21 PM

2,667 posts, read 6,787,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Obama has been doing everything he said he would do.

He is trying to eliminate earmark spending and pork in a bill he plans to sign this week.

The stimulus plan was an urgent matter, and needed to pass through Congress as quickly as possible, so I'm sure allowances and concessions were necessary to get both parties to agree on it.

If your portfolio bothers you that much, then maybe you shouldn't be in the stock market?

Because that's what the market does ... it goes up ... and it goes down. Recessions are normal, and can be expected.

If you want to be angry about your stocks, maybe you should remember that the market dropped 43% during the last 15 months of Bush!

It then dropped another 7% from it's 14,164 peak since Obama took office on Jan 20, 2009.

As far as your taxes ... how exactly do you know that your taxes will be going up at this point? Do you make more than 250K a year? Don't you think it's a little premature to guess how much you will be paying in taxes for 2009, when you haven't even seen the new tax laws? Obama specifically stated that anyone making less than 250K a year will not see their taxes go up by a single dime. I think we should be waiting until April 15, 2010 before we challenge him on this statement ... don't you?

As far as his style of governing goes ... Obama is a Democrat, and he was elected president by a majority of the citizens. As president, he now has the right to make decisions which fit with his ideas and beliefs as a Democrat. If you don't agree with his beliefs, then you should not have voted for him. (I still question whether you actually did vote for him as per my previous post.)

Obama has been very straightforward with Americans about what his beliefs were, and since taking office, he is has been governing exactly the way he said he would.

I voted for Obama, and he is doing everything that I had hoped for. He reversed Bush's stupid policy concerning Stem Cell research. He is surrounding himself with avisors who believe in science. He plans to tackle Global Warming. He is currently working to eliminate wasteful spending, which obviously will take more time, since the higher priority was to pass a stimulus bill through Congress as quickly as possible. And best of all ... he is finally ending this stupid and completely unnecessary war in Iraq!

Obama is possibly the best president this country has ever had.
Thankyou for one of the rare thoughtful posts in this thread, outside of the last sentence . It will be years and years before anyone can declare him an absolute success or failure. He is doing good so far though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 02:22 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,094,501 times
I voted for Obama. I was dead wrong.

Yet another troll thread from a low post number wonder???? I think so.

Old 03-12-2009, 02:40 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,205,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post

I agree!

Old 03-12-2009, 02:41 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,876,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Yes and now instead of sorting the economy out he is entertaining stevie wonder and taking trips and re furnishing the white house . Yes I know alot of people who are wanting to kick themselves because they voted for them . The man was unpreparred to accept responsibility of the presidency . I think it is high time a woman got in there . I guarantee you if women had been running this country for the last twenty years we would not be in this mess now .

Hillary definitely would have been a better choice.

Old 03-12-2009, 02:59 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,855,729 times
Guess some thinks its impossible for someone that voted for Obama to regret their vote.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:02 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,206,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I agree!
yet here we still are, 22 pages later!

Old 03-12-2009, 03:02 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,853,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post

Sorry Mule I fed it hoping it could grow into something. You how rarely those trolls are worth the time.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:09 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,205,469 times
No one else who voted for Obama is posting that they agree with the OP. It's just the same people who always bash Obama and a couple Hillary supporters. That is telling.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
Sorry Mule I fed it hoping it could grow into something. You how rarely those trolls are worth the time.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
No one else who voted for Obama is posting that they agree with the OP. It's just the same people who always bash Obama and a couple Hillary supporters. That is telling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies