Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 10:38 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times

Advertisements

I guess that solved that.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 06:37 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,879,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
No better than the neoCONS are at war(except hiding from it behind somebodys skirt tail or deferments),you'd better pray it never comes to that.The Dems would wipe the floor with you guys.
with what seeing you guys want to ban guns. What are you going to use? Pansies? Your dirty panties? . You're a joke.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:49 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Lol, here are many people that wish to see the Second Amendment nullified, in the mistaken impression that the rest of our rights would remain intact as is. They need to get a grip. Lord General Gage tried the "registration" tactic before Lexington and Concord. Requiring arms be housed in a public armory (under the control of British officers, of course) and that powder stores and shot be turned over to British forces as well. If some folks think that the Feds can be trusted with ANY of our rights they are sadly mistaken. As goes the Second Amendment, so goes ALL the others.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:56 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
As is often the case,the majority of people are,if not happy about being subjugated,at least willing as long as things aren't too bad for them.

If a lot of people were honest with themselves,they would be willing to give up almost all their rights if promised security and happiness.

Those who disagree with the majority are of course radicals and troublemakers and the cause of all the problems...

Old 03-17-2009, 11:34 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,879,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
As is often the case,the majority of people are,if not happy about being subjugated,at least willing as long as things aren't too bad for them.

If a lot of people were honest with themselves,they would be willing to give up almost all their rights if promised security and happiness.

Those who disagree with the majority are of course radicals and troublemakers and the cause of all the problems...
I agree so just call me a radical troublemaker. I'll wear the title proudly in this case.

Old 03-17-2009, 12:11 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,729,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
You neoCONS are unreal....YOU said
"The military is overwhelmingly conservative...."

WHERE'S YOUR PROOF? Or were you just giving YOUR opinion?
Several links that may enlighten you.
Seems the majority of Lib states are misrepresented in the Armed Forces.

CDA_troops_2008

And if you aligns ones Religious preference with their political choice, conservatives in the Service are on the rise......
t r u t h o u t | Military Evangelism Deeper, Wider Than First Thought

Bet some of you just hate that!!!!!

Old 03-17-2009, 12:23 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
I highly doubt that the majority of our combat forces are liberal in their political leanings. Remember, ours is a volunteer armed forces. They are there because they want to be. It seems unlikely that they would desire to be placed in combat agianst our enemies if they were hand wringing liberal pacifists with an ingrained hatred of violence and firearms. Some are there for the educational assistance and as a way out of a poor existence et al, however I am dubious as to the average Marine Rifleman, Army Ranger or other combat forces having a propensity to try and "understand" and "coexist" with the enemy and supporting policy that gets them put in harms way for "humanitarian" purposes with an unloaded weapon and orders to "be nice". I also highly doubt that our armed forces are willing to happily "pacify" the American citizenry in violation of the Constitution. Our men and women in uniform are not idiots or mindless robots doing the bidding of the government without question. Yes, they follow orders, and they fight, to DEFEND this nation. That the armed forces would lean heavily right in politics should not come as any surprise. I would not be overly shocked to find out there are a large number of Libertarians in uniform. Liberal Dems and Green Party activists are in a solid minority I'm sure. Just my opinion.

Old 03-17-2009, 09:59 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,593,481 times
Quote:

There are two quotes that come to mind when I read stuff like this:

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither."
-Benjamin Franklin

"What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"

-Patrick Henry

The entire text of Patrick Henry's speech can be found here:
The University of Oklahoma College of Law: A Chronology of US Historical Documents: Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death

I agree with both of them. I guess that makes me a troublemaker, too.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:29 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
DC Gun Rights Examiner: DC Attorney General Peter Nickels acts schizophrenic on constitutional rights

Those who have registered firearms in DC will not be allowed to re-register them in 3 years as their stupid new law requires, leading to a loss or having to get the gun out of DC. And some people ask why I oppose gun registration...but I have faith DC will be hammered by many expensive losses in court.
Sounds like it might be time to start feeding the hogs....

Old 03-18-2009, 12:18 AM

3,689 posts, read 10,418,690 times
Quote:
The military is overwhelmingly conservative....
Not to mention that conservatives and libertarians are the ones with all the arms because a good majority of the Liberals um... hate guns and do not own one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies