Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 04:10 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,854,979 times

Advertisements

dixiegirl wrote;
Quote:
This administration gets into to much petty name calling
By "this" I take it you mean the Bush admin and its adherents? It's traditionally been the role of former Ps and VPs to lay low, keep their mouths SHUT and get on with their lives.

golfgod
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 04:11 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,541,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
dixiegirl wrote;

By "this" I take it you mean the Bush admin and its adherents? It's traditionally been the role of former Ps and VPs to lay low, keep their mouths SHUT and get on with their lives.

golfgod
Just like it has traditionally been the role of Presidents to not get into a pissing match with a talk show host, right?

Old 03-16-2009, 04:15 PM

26,231 posts, read 49,100,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
The next time I ever see or hear from Dick Cheney I hope is at his arraignment
At least Captain Edward J. Smith had the good taste and sense of honor to go down with his unsinkable ship.

Old 03-17-2009, 07:28 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,756,420 times
While Gibbs needs to get his flippant under control, the fact of the matter is that Former President DICK Cheney needs to get his uncontrollable bitter cold war attitude in check. For heaven's sake, get over it, DICK, you're done ... the Obama administration is now forced to clean up the MESS that YOU created. You wanted oil .. er Sadaam sooooooo bad, well, ya got HIM, the oil? Not so much ...

Go away DICK, go away. You made the world a more unsafe place.

Grow some class.

Old 03-17-2009, 07:32 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,450,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
The new administration looks more and more like crybabies with each passing day.

Did you miss the fact that it's Cheney who's whining?

The poor man is obviously suffering from withdrawal. Behind-the-scenes power is addictive.

Old 03-17-2009, 07:37 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,854,935 times
So what now Cheney cant give an interview without being attacked that is childish. It really is

They didnt do this to Clinton when he did an interview and said Obama needs to be more hopeful

I just cant help but say this is change you can believe in. What a bunch of bs

Old 03-17-2009, 07:41 AM

Thumbs up Consistency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
So what now Cheney cant give an interview without being attacked that is childish. It really is

They didnt do this to Clinton when he did an interview and said Obama needs to be more hopeful

I just cant help but say this is change you can believe in. What a bunch of bs

Try this for some non-BS:

For eight years, Cheney was wrong every time he opened his mouth in public. Or fired a shotgun in private.

Old 03-17-2009, 07:44 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,519,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Did you miss the fact that it's Cheney who's whining?

The poor man is obviously suffering from withdrawal. Behind-the-scenes power is addictive.

Did you miss the fact that this is at least the 3rd time in a few weeks (maybe 4th) that they have personally called out someone? Santelli, Limbaugh, now Cheney.

What's next? Am I going to hear Gibbs refer to CharlottePirateFan in a press conference?

Old 03-17-2009, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Did you miss the fact that this is at least the 3rd time in a few weeks (maybe 4th) that they have personally called out someone? Santelli, Limbaugh, now Cheney.
I didn't miss the fact that Gibbs was responding to press comments in regards to the criticism from Santelli, Limpbag, and Cheney.

Did you?

Of course, I'm sure you'd prefer it if Gibbs just said "no comment" each time. I like the fact that he's returning the vollies. And doing it with humor.

Quote:
What's next? Am I going to hear Gibbs refer to CharlottePirateFan in a press conference?

Don't flatter yourself. In this thread, I'll go ahead and act as his proxy.

Old 03-17-2009, 07:51 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,847,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
dixiegirl wrote;

golfgod
It has always been an unspoken rule among former presidents to not speak ill of sitting ones.

Jimmy "I don't think there is torturing going on, I know it is going on" Carter changed all that!

There has never been an administration that has ever taken up the challenge of criticism the way the current one is. If they didn't believe that there was a modicum of truth or concern among the American people then they would not feel the need to reply.
It is a sign of a lack of confidence!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies