Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 06:29 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
Oh I am sure she is "planting" her garden. You can look at her and see she has never lifted a finger her entire life.

It's easy to do these things on the tax payers dime. Why didn't she do this when she had her own home in Chicago?

This is just a way for them to keep the tree huggers in love with them.

Maybe she should work on getting Barry to quit smoking!
Why are some people so obsessed with what Michelle Obama didn't do in Chicago? Can't we look at what she IS doing in DC? And this nonsense about never lifting a finger in her life? She comes from a working class background in South Chicago.

Michelle Obama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 06:37 PM

1,653 posts, read 4,299,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Why are some people so obsessed with what Michelle Obama didn't do in Chicago? Can't we look at what she IS doing in DC? And this nonsense about never lifting a finger in her life? She comes from a working class background in South Chicago.

Michelle Obama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Well I would hope she leads by example of what she brought to the table. She brought nothing other than her Ivy league education that we paid for.

I never heard of any "jobs" she had before she arrived on our door step. I think the only job I recall was her 600K (bonus and salary) sitting on a board at a non profit hospital. I'm not thinking that is "working class". If you noticed, I didn't mention anyone other than her and she is NOT working class. She is privileged.

Old 03-20-2009, 06:49 PM

956 posts, read 1,235,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post

Pretty soon they will want to control how many times we flush our toilets a day and why!
There will be a monitor on your toilet and you'll get one flush per day. Anything over that will be taxed.

Watch.

Old 03-20-2009, 06:54 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,483,743 times
Wow, she started a garden that is equivalent to 20' by 50'.

And in order to maintain it ( probably by White House employees ) it will only end up costing taxpayers $50,000,000.

Mighty fine tomatoes. I'm sure Pelosi will be at the table.

Old 03-20-2009, 06:54 PM

1,653 posts, read 4,299,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post
There will be a monitor on your toilet and you'll get one flush per day. Anything over that will be taxed.

Watch.
Exactly! wait til the cap and trade tax takes effect and utilities, gas and every product we consume goes up. Then let's see who is cheering for him then!

Old 03-20-2009, 07:27 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Well I would hope she leads by example of what she brought to the table. She brought nothing other than her Ivy league education that we paid for.

I never heard of any "jobs" she had before she arrived on our door step. I think the only job I recall was her 600K (bonus and salary) sitting on a board at a non profit hospital. I'm not thinking that is "working class". If you noticed, I didn't mention anyone other than her and she is NOT working class. She is privileged.
Well, you weren't paying attention, then. Here is a section from the Wikipedia link I provided. She met Barack at work.

"Career
Following law school, she was an associate at the Chicago office of the law firm Sidley Austin, where she first met her husband. At the firm, she worked on marketing and intellectual property.
"

My allowable two sentences.

Hardly anyone who grows up on the South Side of Chicago is from a "priviledged" background. READ THE LINK YOURSELF!

Old 03-20-2009, 07:39 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,211,513 times
Quote:
Why did she not put in a garden in Chicago they had the room?

Mrs. Obama, who said that she never had a vegetable garden before, said the idea for it came from her experiences as a working mother trying to feed her daughters, Malia and Sasha, a good diet. Eating out three times a week, ordering a pizza, having a sandwich for dinner took it’s toll.
Do you have link to substantiate? Or are you just spewing?

Old 03-20-2009, 07:44 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,211,513 times
Quote:

Are just a low information type person? Don't follow current events or what? How about your head in the sand like the rest of you nuts? Michelle Obama worked at City Hall in Chicago to bring you up to snuff. Really don't know about your conservatives, don't believe in science or education for that matter all you believe in is hate. Gee, what a nice little party you belong to...

Old 03-20-2009, 07:48 PM

707 posts, read 1,022,850 times
Quote:
Why did she not put in a garden in Chicago they had the room?

Mrs. Obama, who said that she never had a vegetable garden before, said the idea for it came from her experiences as a working mother trying to feed her daughters, Malia and Sasha, a good diet. Eating out three times a week, ordering a pizza, having a sandwich for dinner took it’s toll.

You can't be serious...You honestly have something negative to say about this.

Old 03-20-2009, 07:59 PM

707 posts, read 1,022,850 times
Quote:
Oh I am sure she is "planting" her garden. You can look at her and see she has never lifted a finger her entire life.

It's easy to do these things on the tax payers dime. Why didn't she do this when she had her own home in Chicago?

This is just a way for them to keep the tree huggers in love with them.

Maybe she should work on getting Barry to quit smoking!

I'm also sure you wear glasses because she group up in Chicago where yes, she had to lift a finger. The family did not have a money tree in the backyard. And now the President's smoking is a CD posting issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies