Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2009, 08:03 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,027,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The rich didn't give me squat. The stockholders of the company I work for (and I am one too) gave me a job. And not because they wanted to be nice to me but because they had work that needs to be done and they did not wish to perform the work themselves. So they hired me to do it for them. And if a day comes that they do not need me to do what I do, they will eliminate my job and me. Nothing personal- just business. So I do not feel that the rich like me or anything. They don't. And that goes both ways.
Someone started that company and it wasn't the stockholders ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Nothing.

And do you notice that whenever I ask "Where are the jobs?" they have no answer. Just drool down their chins and chant "Did a poor guy ever give you a job?" like THAT'S clever, THAT'S a point ???
They then have to get back to the temple where they worship( and FEAR) the wealthy....
Our government and the crazed Americans who are calling to crucify the rich are probably what's driving them away. Maybe if people would not focusing so much energy on hating the rich and channel that into improving their lots in life, maybe more of us would be better off financially. We don't live in a caste system so the poor doesn't have to stay poor.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
Wrong we still need the same services and someone will step into fill the void. Everything they provide will be filled. You may pander to the rich but I won't.
Try living in a communistic country where everyone has the same and tell me if the needs are all met. I personally know folks who have lived in Cuba and the folks there do not have enough to eat. If everyone makes the same, then there's no real incentive to work harder to produce something of value. Why study to be a doctor when you are going to get the same compensation as a fast food employee.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
Yes and yes. They also keep wages down.
That's because we Americans don't want to pay higher prices for goods so the wages are low to keep costs low for the customer.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Well then, try this on for size. When you bury big business with regulations and taxes, they are going to pass those costs down to consumers. Hit the oil companies, for example, and you'll pay for it at the pumps, in your utility bills, at the supermarket, etc. It will make your measley middle class income tax relief look like chump change, in comparison. But here's the thing. Congress and the President will take credit for the income tax relief and blame those big greedy evil corporations for making your stuff cost more.

And the same stupid Americans will believe it.

Class envy gets us nowhere as a nation.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:29 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,849,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
Try living in a communistic country where everyone has the same and tell me if the needs are all met. I personally know folks who have lived in Cuba and the folks there do not have enough to eat. If everyone makes the same, then there's no real incentive to work harder to produce something of value. Why study to be a doctor when you are going to get the same compensation as a fast food employee.
You don't understand what me and others are even talking about.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
That's because we Americans don't want to pay higher prices for goods so the wages are low to keep costs low for the customer.
That kind of thinking is what has us in our current state. I don't agree completely with this guy but this video might give you another prespective on why our middle class is struggling so much.
The Real News Network - A house of credit cards Pt.2

Old 03-23-2009, 08:33 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,273,270 times
Define Rich?????

Old 03-23-2009, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Define Rich?????
You know exactly who we are talking about.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Free Lunch: How The Wealthiest Americans Enrich Themselves At Government Expense (and Stick you With the Bill

It’s valuable from a small government perspective because of its detailed stories of government attempts to manipulate or adjust the market, leading—predictably, a libertarian might say—to benefits for the well-off and well-connected rather than the disadvantaged or the masses.

The Cost of a Free Lunch: New York Times reporter David Cay Johnston surveys a world of government interference in the market to privilege the privileged. - Reason Magazine
Your anger should be directed at the government. THEY are the TRUE reasons why we are in this economic mess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies