Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 09:32 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,311,844 times

Advertisements

Did anybody watch this? I did not think it was too bad but when he started laughing when they were talking about the economy was actually very weird I don't think there is anything funny about the current economic situation but I thought he did OK overall.

Last edited by Repubocrat; 03-23-2009 at 09:45 AM.. Reason: repeat thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2009, 05:13 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,829,950 times
I think he did well too; I am not sure if his laughing was exactly as he meant it to appear but rather that kind of sigh, nod of the head and all those other signs that are supposed to be encouraging, supportive yet direct and and clearly acknowledging that he is aware of the road ahead of him; what decisions he must make every day and what actions must be taken.

One statement he did make which I thought was stellar and very very true and one in which for too long has not been done...he said legislation and decisions should not be made based on anger and how true that is. I have learned as I am sure most of us have witnessed that all too often legislation and decisions are made based on reactions to something rather than taking a bit longer, analyzing, asking questions and then making decisions pro-actively. I certainly do understand that some things must be decided immediately but I applaud him for making that clear distinction. No doubt he must get pretty angry at some of the issues he has been left with and betcha he says plenty under his breath as we all would, but I think given what he has to review, decide, discuss, his approach is sensible.

I think he is an idealist which may not necessarily be a bad thing; it will be important for him to incorporate those ideals with a strong solid and smart group to figure out how to get those ideals into practical action and resolve.

I also believe, despite the various nitpickings that have been on different boards and threads about Obama being on Leno, or 60 MInutes, etc., and using Air Force One as frequently as he has been is a good thing..he has been going all over the country, meeting with people, staying in touch with reality with the citizens of this country so he can really 'hear' what grave concerns we all have and I think just being on 60 Minutes was an excellent opportunity for everyone. As far as Leno, he was already in that area on business, and that was great. And, clearly, he is far more savvy and sensitive to have meant any kind of slur re: special olympics and apologized to everyone if they were offended...no way did he mean any kind of ill will.

I also thought it was fun to hear his editorials about the play area on the White House lawn....there is nothing wrong in having the president of the country appear to be human as well as the commander in chief and be visible to his public.

Frankly, I think we have seen Obama more times than we did see Bush in his years as president.

Old 03-23-2009, 05:39 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,868,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Did anybody watch this? I did not think it was too bad but when he started laughing when they were talking about the economy was actually very weird I don't think there is anything funny about the current economic situation but I thought he did OK overall.

From the clip of his laughter during a serious Q & A moment, he looked more like he was trying out for a part in Weekend at Bernie's, or one of the voices in Beavis & Butthead.

Definitely not presidential. Looked like an out of place immature boy.

Old 03-23-2009, 05:40 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,505,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
\

Definitely not presidential. Looked like an out of place immature boy.

Ya think?

Old 03-23-2009, 05:48 PM

340 posts, read 704,689 times
racists...

Old 03-23-2009, 05:50 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,742,566 times
3 others threads like this. Getting boring.

Old 03-23-2009, 05:53 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,321,875 times
Not to mention against the posted forum rules. They're stickied at the top so try reading them sometime.

Ok folks, it's time once again for a reminder of the rules.

Just follow the rules and look before you post a copy cat thread.

Old 03-23-2009, 05:59 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,868,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bornandraised atl View Post
racists...

Was Kroft racist for asking Obama if he was punch drunk during Obama's immature and inappropiate laughter? How do you get racism from that?

Old 03-23-2009, 06:00 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,505,712 times
I think she was joking.

Old 03-23-2009, 06:01 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,247,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
3 others threads like this. Getting boring.
The answer to that is simple...if they bore you close your little eyes and go nite nite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies