Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2009, 11:22 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,321,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
per your link..

"Penny stocks are typically growing companies with limited cash and resources. In other words, most penny stocks are high-risk investments with low trading volumes and limited attention from investors. "

Neither C, nor AIG is a low trading volume, nor limited attention, in fact that are the opposite..

Regardless, none of this mitigates that RD5050 tried to make a point about "my portfolio" without making a point. Almost as laughable as bobs rational that the market going up = Republicans upset.. Please

Note the words in RED.

In regards to Bobs' rational "that the market going up = Republicans upset" - that's probably an accurate statement for those who don't own stock - and for those that do - it's probably (for many of them at least) rather similar to that old definition of "mixed feelings" - like seeing your mother-in-law drive over a cliff... in your brand new Cadillac.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 11:34 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,087,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Note the words in RED.

In regards to Bobs' rational "that the market going up = Republicans upset" - that's probably an accurate statement for those who don't own stock - and for those that do - it's probably (for many of them at least) rather similar to that old definition of "mixed feelings" - like seeing your mother-in-law drive over a cliff... in your brand new Cadillac.

Ken

Lets go here slowly
Pink sheet stocks - Are ALWAYS penny stocks
OTC - Are ALWAYS penny stocks
Limited cash - MAY be penny stocks
Limited resources - MAY be penny stocks
BUT
high traded or limited attention - NEVER a penny stock.

And again, this has to what do with the topic other than RD5050 thinking he's made a point even though he hasnt about "my portfolio".. lets recap, I'd like to have 1,000,000 shares of either, whats the point?

p.s. I'd love to see my mother in law go over the cliff in my cadillac.. I have insurance on the cadillac, I dont think one can buy insurance to protect them against Obamas tax increases..

Old 04-02-2009, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

Lets go here slowly
Pink sheet stocks - Are ALWAYS penny stocks
OTC - Are ALWAYS penny stocks
Limited cash - MAY be penny stocks
Limited resources - MAY be penny stocks
BUT
high traded or limited attention - NEVER a penny stock.

And again, this has to what do with the topic other than RD5050 thinking he's made a point even though he hasnt about "my portfolio".. lets recap, I'd like to have 1,000,000 shares of either, whats the point?

p.s. I'd love to see my mother in law go over the cliff in my cadillac.. I have insurance on the cadillac, I dont think one can buy insurance to protect them against Obamas tax increases..

As per your OWN post: "According to the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) any stock under $5 is a penny stock."

Ken

PS - No tax increases for ME.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:51 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,087,528 times
Quote:
As per your OWN post: "According to the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) any stock under $5 is a penny stock."

Ken

PS - No tax increases for ME.
Per your website
Penny Stock

What Does Penny Stock Mean?
A stock that trades at a relatively low price and market capitalization, usually outside of the major market exchanges. These types of stocks are generally considered to be highly speculative and high risk because of their lack of liquidity, large bid-ask spreads, small capitalization and limited following and disclosure. They will often trade over the counter through the OTCBB and pink sheets.

Neither AIG or C have small market caps..

Now per the SEC
Penny Stock Rules

The term “penny stock” generally refers to low-priced (below $5), speculative securities of very small companies. While penny stocks generally are quoted over-the-counter, such as on the OTC Bulletin Board or in the Pink Sheets, they may also trade on securities exchanges, including foreign securities exchanges. In addition, penny stocks include the securities of certain private companies with no active trading market.

Before a broker-dealer can sell a penny stock, SEC rules require the firm to first approve the customer for the transaction and receive from the customer a written agreement to the transaction.

You can buy stock in AIG or C without giving written agreement to the transaction. They are NOT penny stocks..
You guys can go argue, I'm done going in circles, if you guys want to disagree with the SEC over SEC rules, please call them, I have no control over what rules they create..

Old 04-02-2009, 12:57 PM

Possible of course, but I don't think it will happen. As the economy starts to turn around it should ease the economic load on companies and take the wind of that theory's sails.

Finance - Signs recession nears bottom, but layoffs persist

Ken

Old 04-02-2009, 01:17 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,823,165 times
Stocks are above 8000 now that they finally bought into changing amrk to market as the markets have been wanting. I still see trouble ahead with inflation and many of the basics tho.I also don't see going very high without the so called toxic assets plan working or the jobless rate startign to trun around which isn't like from all signs.People trying to judge the bottm is what I see and maybe a long flat part of teh curve.

Old 04-02-2009, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Stocks are above 8000 now that they finally bought into changing amrk to market as the markets have been wanting. I still see trouble ahead with inflation and many of the basics tho.I also don't see going very high without the so called toxic assets plan working or the jobless rate startign to trun around which isn't like from all signs.People trying to judge the bottm is what I see and maybe a long flat part of teh curve.
Well, the day ended up off the highs, so we didn't end up over 8,000 - but we're pretty close (7,970).

Will tomorrow continue the climb - or will we see some profit-taking?
I have no idea.
Still, today was yet another GOOD day - and I'll take it.

Ken

Old 04-02-2009, 02:15 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,525,338 times
Angry That darned Obama!

Quote:
Well, the day ended up off the highs, so we didn't end up over 8,000 - but we're pretty close (7,970).

Will tomorrow continue the climb - or will we see some profit-taking?
I have no idea.
Still, today was yet another GOOD day - and I'll take it.

Ken

Since when does a "constitutional law professor" know about high finance? Leave Wall St to the supply side geniuses like Phil Gramm and stop whining about job losses.

Maybe Obama should stick to his knitting and ferret out corrupt Justice Dept prosecutors or something.

The Fix - Stevens Cleared in Alaska?

Old 04-02-2009, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Since when does a "constitutional law professor" know about high finance? Leave Wall St to the supply side geniuses like Phil Gramm and stop whining about job losses.

Maybe Obama should stick to his knitting and ferret out corrupt Justice Dept prosecutors or something.

LOL

Ken

Old 04-02-2009, 10:51 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,582,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post

Yuck, yuck, yuck!!!

ROFLMAO!!!

You're so funny - sounds like you're running for Michael Steele's job!!!

ROFLMAO!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies