Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2009, 06:12 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times

Advertisements

On a personal level I approve of government spending because it will be paid back by the wealthy that created the problem in the first place. Also because I will probably be dead before the bill come due.

Old 04-16-2009, 06:17 AM

558 posts, read 819,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Beyond that, what level of attendance would be considered a success?
To measure their success you have to define their goal(s). Has anyone done that yet? That being said, if the TEA parties were such a dismal failure, why are you folks so interested in them? If their goal was simply to bring more attention to the issue of taxation, well, they were apparently successful.

I'm confused by the whole thing since the first step to lowering taxes is reigning in the budget. If that's the case, where were these folks during Bush's massive deficit spending?

Old 04-16-2009, 06:19 AM

1,902 posts, read 2,469,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurous1 View Post
The nationwide attendance figure was 26,000 people for the tea-bagging fest. Obama drew 8X more people in a single foreign city that he doesn't even live in...Berlin, Germany. He also drew more than 26,000 in Republican districts during the campaign. Pathetic.

So what's next for the right wing?

The Atlantic - 26,000 people attended Tea Parties across the nation.
So how many would have had to attend for you to consider it a success?

Old 04-16-2009, 06:19 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,655,705 times
Only an idiot liberal would look at this as more people supporting big government. 83% of the people want a reduced role for government - only 13% want a permanent big government and 44% disapprove completely!!

So in essence, this poll skews the numbers towards the liberals and big government role! Typical liberal spin.

What we can conclude when we think is that more people are in favor of a reduced role of the government! Thanks liberal whackos for providing us this data!

Old 04-16-2009, 06:22 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,985,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalrap View Post
So how many would have had to attend for you to consider it a success?
Maybe 300K....one in every 1000 Americans.

Old 04-16-2009, 06:22 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,487,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterRabbit View Post
The tea parties made this morning's headlines in all of the newspapers in major cities.
Not really. It's in the Metro section of the Washington Post, right along with the traffic accidents and just beneath a story about how a book looted after the Civil War was returned yesterday to the library at Washington & Lee University.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterRabbit View Post
It's not about Rep. vs. Dem., it's about the people taking back their govt.
By people who don't understand their government to begin with? What a wonderful idea...

Old 04-16-2009, 06:23 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,880,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
I'm don't care for most Repubs and I don't find that funny.
I mean Nazi like in another sense.
You mean like chanting slogans and such?

Old 04-16-2009, 06:23 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,431,637 times
That number is a joke. I know that there were at least 10,000 in my town. They had to open up another area of the city for overflow. This isn't just a few extremists getting together. We're a large group of Americans that are concerned about the way our country is heading and don't trust that our "dear leader" has our best interests in mind.

Old 04-16-2009, 06:24 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
"Predictably, Democrats, the Hopium smokers in the media and the left-wing blogs condemned such "tea parties" as gatherings of right-wing wackos."

"What critics of this don't understand is that we're upset with President Obama, yes, but also upset with Bush administration bailouts, and how Obama has taken that and compounded it with all his spending," said Mike Lennox, a real estate manager.

"Democrat, Republican, I don't care about the excuses. What we're tired of is all the lies and the corruption," Lennox said.

Tax Day fix requires more than 'tea parties' -- chicagotribune.com
Another quote...

"...she came to hear Democrats and Republicans, Libertarians and conservatives rip on the federal government for spending us into servitude."

They're all great quotes! I don't understand why some people don't get what the protest was about - the federal government spending us into servitude is the problem, not political party affiliation.

Old 04-16-2009, 06:26 AM

2,600 posts, read 2,326,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurous1 View Post
The nationwide attendance figure was 26,000 people for the tea-bagging fest. Obama drew 8X more people in a single foreign city that he doesn't even live in...Berlin, Germany. He also drew more than 26,000 in Republican districts during the campaign. Pathetic.

So what's next for the right wing?

The Atlantic - 26,000 people attended Tea Parties across the nation.
Oh what a pathetic turnout, did they blame the poor turnout due to weather?

What's next you ask? I have the answer, more hannity, beck, o'reilly and limbaugh, more of the same old $hit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies