Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 05:35 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
So you're against free speech?
Nah. Just public assclowns like Maher, which is my right.

Billy-boy is free to say anything he likes. He can even choke his chicken in public if he thinks it'll make people laugh and pay attention to him.

None of that makes him worthy of my respect, though.

Nor yours, I would hope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 05:48 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
Why is it that every time anyone says anything that is even vaguely disrespectful of the troops that people get their panties in a wad? I mean, really, are US soldiers really that thin skinned? I thought the military was supposed to teach people to be tough. Yet every time a celebrity or talking head spouts off anything about the military that's not puppies and rainbows, people act like the person tarred and feathered Jesus Christ.

Free speech, people. It works both ways.

YouTube - Re: To Marine throughs puppy!

YouTube - Marine David Motari got expelled over puppy video.

Old 03-30-2009, 05:52 PM

281 posts, read 446,871 times
The fact he can get people's panties in a bunch without really saying anything at all is just so hilarious that it commands respect.

Old 03-30-2009, 06:06 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Bill Maher smears US troops | The FOX Nation

Watch the video!

IMO even a comedian can't get away with such a discusting jokes! But the MSM will probable laugh about it unless it is a Rep. comedian...
You (and whatever Faux News person is responsible for that title) need to buy larger undies.

Where was the insult, exactly?

And what Rep comedian are you talking about?

Old 03-30-2009, 07:18 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
You spend so much time worried about how it's pronounced, you forgot to mention that "faux' means "false" or "fake"...which fits perfectly.

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Fox_News
Care to reconsider your claim?

Old 03-30-2009, 07:43 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Care to reconsider your claim?

Your pictures indicate that Fox news underreported how bad McCain sucked, and overreported the idiocy that was floating around about Obama.

McCain was a bad GOP candidate who ran a horrible campaign - Palin, Joe the Plumber, the fake hiatus, underperforming in polls and fundraising, etc. Obama was a great campaigner who was dogged by wingnut talking points that Fox News over-reported (Ayers, Wright, ACORN, etc.)

So no, I wouldn't reconsider it at all.

Old 03-30-2009, 10:11 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,291,123 times
Maher is your typical person who says whatever he wants to get more attention for himself. Why doesn't he do his act in a military base and see what happens. Everyone is a tough guy til you face who your smearing. How many times has he been to Germnay, Iraq, Korea? Yea thats right none

Old 03-31-2009, 07:41 AM

3,301 posts, read 6,327,021 times
Quote:

Watch the video!

IMO even a comedian can't get away with such a discusting jokes! But the MSM will probable laugh about it unless it is a Rep. comedian...
HBO’s Consumer Affairs Department at 212-512-1208

“Forget about bringing the troops home from Iraq. We need to get the troops home from World War II. Can anybody tell me why, in 2009, we still have more than 50,000 troops in Germany and 30,000 in Japan? At some point, these people are going to have to learn to rape themselves. [boos] I’ll ignore that.” Bill Mayer HBO

You can see a YouTube at: * Bill Maher Slanders the Troops Serving in Germany and Japan - “At some point these people are going to have to learn to rape themselves”*by*Macsmind

Submit an email to Bill Mayer's show: HBO Online: Corporate Info

Old 03-31-2009, 07:49 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,779,335 times
Quote:

Watch the video!

I hate that piece of garbage. I don't know if you recall him debating Ron Silver on CNN about the invasion of Afganistan in 2002, but Ron Silver handed him his ass. I've been a big fan ever since (of Ron Silver, R.I.P.).

Bill Maher leads a pointless existence and champions nothing. He has no ideas, just criticism, and not particularly incisive criticism at that. He amounts to a hack who gets by on being a shameless demagogue in the right place at the right time.

Old 03-31-2009, 10:02 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
He has no ideas, just criticism, and not particularly incisive criticism at that. He amounts to a hack who gets by on being a shameless demagogue in the right place at the right time.
Everyone already knows he is a liberal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies