Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2009, 11:05 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,925,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Avoid all cigarette smoke....but yet suck up car exhaust fumes while jogging down the road for your health. Makes perfect sense.
Didn't you know that car exaust is not bad for you? Just like the air pollution that is far greater times worse than second hand smoke and that has been proven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2009, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Agreed. Why shouldn't the smoker have to go 15 feet (or more) away from the bus stop?
Because the smoker has as much right there as she does. Maybe if she politely asked the smoker to please watch his smoke around her, the smoker might try and be nice about it. But, all I see her doing is bitching and not really trying to take care of HER problem.

Old 04-04-2009, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyMissAshley View Post
How this thread started as taxing on cigarettes to jogging down a high way and fuel exhaust, who knows.

I'm happy Smoking is quite possibly the most utterly STUUUUUUPID and disgusting vice EVER invented.

Thank God I live in Florida where indoor smoking is banned. Everytime I go out of state I forget that it's not always like that elsewhere. So I'm forced to sit in a 'non-smoking' dining area that STILL has the stench of cigarette smoke in the walls, floors, seats, and my orange juice.
I haven't had to request 'non-smoking' here in Florida since I was about oh, ummm, 6 years old?

I'm so allergic to the smell..my eyes water, puff up, and my nasal passage becomes clogged, the smell does not leave you for days.
I don't recall a time that this type of reaction has ever occurred while sitting in traffic or walking down the side of the road.

No sympathy. Get over the weak habit.
Screw Florida! Indoor smoking is banned in all states little one. Learn something.

Last edited by Anonymous Political Junky; 04-04-2009 at 11:31 PM..

Old 04-04-2009, 11:08 PM

Well, my proposal is all finished so you anti-smoking nazis can have this thread back. I hope that you choke on it and it leaves a smell on your clothes.

Old 04-04-2009, 11:10 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Because the smoker has as much right there as she does. Maybe if she politely asked the smoker to please watch his smoke around her, the smoker might try and be nice about it. But, all I see her doing is bitching and not really trying to take care of HER problem.
The smoker has a right to be there, but not to smoke. Smoking is not a right, protected by the constitution.

Old 04-04-2009, 11:20 PM

Quote:
The smoker has a right to be there, but not to smoke. Smoking is not a right, protected by the constitution.
It most certainly is. If it isn't illegal and there is no law about smoking in that particular place and spot, then YES, the smoker is protected by what we have left of said constitution. By the way, the constitution doesn't say that anyone has the right to not be around smokers either. Tit for tat.

Thank you for that and now I shall go outside on our deck and have a smoke in honor of all you nazis that want to control everything and everyone in the country, no make that the whole damn world.

Old 04-04-2009, 11:26 PM

It's so funny that smokers can find a "right to smoke" in the constitution, but not a right to health care!

Old 04-04-2009, 11:28 PM

87 posts, read 310,366 times
Quote:
It's so funny that smokers can find a "right to smoke" in the constitution, but not a right to health care!
And where might the right to health care be?

Old 04-04-2009, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaisleyChic View Post
And where might the right to health care be?
Where is the right to smoke? There is nothing about it in the constitution. That is the argument the strict constructionists give re: health care. I say the right to health care is in the clause about "promote the general welfare".

Old 04-04-2009, 11:50 PM

87 posts, read 310,366 times
Quote:
Where is the right to smoke? There is nothing about it in the constitution. That is the argument the strict constructionists give re: health care. I say the right to health care is in the clause about "promote the general welfare".
I tend to lean towards "life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness," - not one of the amendments, but the founding fathers thought that was important enough to include in the Constitution. Meaning that if I'm happy smoking my cigarettes, what "right" do you have to make me stop?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies