Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 05:39 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,921,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Did any of you see the interview? Dang, that boy is dumber than a bag of hammers. I have no idea why Sarah Palin even dignified that idiot with a response. I thought that Sarah was inarticulate ... well, her ex-future-son in law takes the cake. It's pretty obvious what he and Bristol had in common ... at least she sounds articulate.
I've been traveling since yesterday (still am in transit) so I didn't get to watch it. Did he explain why he was sharing a bedroom with Bristol? Was it a sleep over or was he living there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 05:43 PM

45,518 posts, read 60,746,993 times
Good God folks, do you have any idea how many guys, and some of us who are becoming superannuated adults, snuck into their girlfriend's bedroom after the parents fell asleep?

Old 04-07-2009, 05:51 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,558,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Good God folks, do you have any idea how many guys, and some of us who are becoming superannuated adults, snuck into their girlfriend's bedroom after the parents fell asleep?
I watched the interview...Levi Johnston stated that he was living with the Palin's (before and just after the baby was born) So much for family values and good, clean Christian living, huh.

Old 04-07-2009, 05:54 PM

1,936 posts, read 1,828,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Did any of you see the interview? Dang, that boy is dumber than a bag of hammers. I have no idea why Sarah Palin even dignified that idiot with a response. I thought that Sarah was inarticulate ... well, her ex-future-son in law takes the cake. It's pretty obvious what he and Bristol had in common ... at least she sounds articulate.
I am hurting from laughing at your dumber than a bag of hammers phrase.
All of this could have been avoided by Sarah Palin. She paraded her family before us like a minstrel show or something. The kids missed school and that was a big no-no in my world. Dude and granny could have taken care of the kids while she avoided speaking to the American public on the campaign trail. She must think she should speak for Bristol. Let the kid handle her own problem. I guess SP does not have a clue about class and standing. Bristol could have stayed in Alaska. Some of us rather not have in thrown in our face-teen pregnancy. So glad so far the baby appears to be healthy.

Old 04-07-2009, 06:22 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,157,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Well, well, well, allowing her unwed minor daughter to have sex under her roof...it looks like Gov. Bimbo, the abstinence preaching Wasilla hillbilly, wasn't practicing what she preaches after all..

We get it...the other side won. I don't understand the ugliness directed at Sarah Palin. God, you think she was the antichrist instead of a woman who has a way with reading the teleprompter with a funny accent. And I'd hardly call someone who's married with children all from the same father a "bimbo". Surely there is another adjective to make yourself seem like a reasonable person and not someone who spits when he talks about conservatives.

Levi is yet another "celebrity" who is looking for his 15 minutes. Next, he'll be on Dancing with the Stars or Celebrity Apprentice. I mean, since we no longer have criteria for who actually IS a star versus who just has big boobs and puts out a sex tape, why shouldn't he bask in the glory of the spotlight before it turns on the next person? He is a teenager from Alaska. The left was having a tizzy over his myspace page when he called himself a redneck and now they are using him as an example of someone who speaks only the truth? There is absolutely no indication that Sarah Palin had any knowledge that her kid was having sex. My mom didn't know when I lost my virginity and let me tell you, if she would have gotten wind of the big event, she would have showed up with a shotgun and a pit bull to stop it from happening.

Let it go...you've got 4 years (and the way things look right now, 4 more). Time to find something else to do. Surely there must be a homeless shelter, animal pound, neighborhood meeting to attend. The election is over...let the key players go back and live their lives. They'll be all over the media in a few years anyway.

Old 04-07-2009, 06:25 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,580,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
We get it...the other side won. I don't understand the ugliness directed at Sarah Palin. God, you think she was the antichrist instead of a woman who has a way with reading the teleprompter with a funny accent. And I'd hardly call someone who's married with children all from the same father a "bimbo". Surely there is another adjective to make yourself seem like a reasonable person and not someone who spits when he talks about conservatives.

Levi is yet another "celebrity" who is looking for his 15 minutes. Next, he'll be on Dancing with the Stars or Celebrity Apprentice. I mean, since we no longer have criteria for who actually IS a star versus who just has big boobs and puts out a sex tape, why shouldn't he bask in the glory of the spotlight before it turns on the next person? He is a teenager from Alaska. The left was having a tizzy over his myspace page when he called himself a redneck and now they are using him as an example of someone who speaks only the truth? There is absolutely no indication that Sarah Palin had any knowledge that her kid was having sex. My mom didn't know when I lost my virginity and let me tell you, if she would have gotten wind of the big event, she would have showed up with a shotgun and a pit bull to stop it from happening.

Let it go...you've got 4 years (and the way things look right now, 4 more). Time to find something else to do. Surely there must be a homeless shelter, animal pound, neighborhood meeting to attend. The election is over...let the key players go back and live their lives. They'll be all over the media in a few years anyway.
I disliked Palin from the very start, she just didn't speak to me, I found her over the top. But I will say, I've lost interest in the whole kid baby thing, I guess I just don't care anymore. This may be progress for me!

Old 04-08-2009, 08:57 AM

2,212 posts, read 5,157,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I disliked Palin from the very start, she just didn't speak to me, I found her over the top. But I will say, I've lost interest in the whole kid baby thing, I guess I just don't care anymore. This may be progress for me!
I actually didn't care that much about her, and certainly did not have the over-the-top reaction that so many did. She was going to be the VP...they are traditionally (with the exception of Cheney who was WAY over the top) the "ribbon cutters."

It is progress that you don't care anymore...well done. We are in the same boat. What I care about right now is getting us out of this economic mess, finding altenative sources of energy (I'm sick to death of this love-hate relationship with the middle east which exists because they have oil and we are crack-addicted to it) and giving the next generation hope that their country will be a better place than it is today. I don't care who gives that to us (Obama, the next president or even Sarah Palin (you betcha!)) as long as someone steps up to the plate and knocks off this political "us versus them" nonsense.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:27 AM

707 posts, read 1,023,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post

I agree, this is not news worthy. I understand that Tyra wanted to put the focus on teen pregnancy, but parading this IDIOT on her show to discuss a private matter was wrong. Sarah P, should not acknowledge any of his statements, it just leaves this whole matter open to additional scrutiny.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:31 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,443,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmama View Post
I agree, this is not news worthy. I understand that Tyra wanted to put the focus on teen pregnancy, but parading this IDIOT on her show to discuss a private matter was wrong. Sarah P, should not acknowledge any of his statements, it just leaves this whole matter open to additional scrutiny.
The additional scrutiny comes from Palin advocating abstinence only education while at the same time inviting Levi in for a ride on her underage daughter...seems to me that was mighty hypocritical and speaks to the complete lack of character this woman has.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:09 AM

38,651 posts, read 26,423,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
You have no proof that Walin' Palin talked 'the talk' with her children. Her public stand on birth control education belies your statement. It is more likely that she told Bristol to keep her legs shut but didn't tell her what to do if some how, some way a non-sheathed visitor managed to sneak in. Since she herself was pregers when she got married, her actions indicate it's more likely Walin' does not object to premarital sex, only to 'protected' premarital sex.

So, I would surmiss from your post that you believe Walin' Palin is too stupid to 'probably' know there is a high probability that two horney teenagers are likely to engage in sexual intercourse when allowed to share a bedroom than not?

As far as "the talk" goes, I have no reason to believe she did not, and you have no proof that she did not. Anything beyond that is speculation.

1. Sarah Palin’s first son, Track Palin, was born in April 1989 (we don’t have the exact day). Actually now we do, courtesy of FOX News’ Alan Colmes. He was born on April 20. For the purposes of this analysis, we will give Sarah Palin the benefit of the doubt and assume that her son was born on April 30, 1989, the longest possible April date from her marriage.
2. Sarah Palin was married on August 29, 1988. She eloped.
3. 38 weeks is the typical human pregnancy.
4. 38 weeks before her son’s birthday, April 20, 1989, is July 28, 1988 - i.e., that would be the hypothetical day of conception.
5. If this data is correct, that would mean that Sarah Palin eloped four weeks after her son’s conception.
6. Sarah Palin’s son could still be legitimate if he was born four weeks premature, AND if he was conceived on the night his parents eloped.

Governor Palin - Pregnant before marriage or not?! at The Insider

Actually he could have been conceived at some point afterward. That would require subtracting from time in the womb.

At the time she had the first child, one in thirteen births were premature. The chances of her child being premature were increased because this was her first child.

First-born infants, and infants born to mothers aged less than 20 years, or who were single, separated/divorced, Aboriginal or who smoked during the pregnancy, were at increased risk of being premature or of low birth weight.

CJO - Abstract - MATERNAL AND NEONATAL FACTORS INFLUENCING PREMATURE BIRTH AND LOW BIRTH WEIGHT IN AUSTRALIA

Do you have proof that Governor Palin allowed these teenagers to share a bedroom, or is that, like the rest of your post, mindlessly parroted wild accusations with no evidence to back them up whatsoever?

I guess since BHO is such an embarrassment to the people who voted for him they want to talk about anything else and we are now doomed to continual barrages of this sort of "National Inquirer" style garbage for the next four years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies