Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 05:07 PM

707 posts, read 1,022,556 times

Advertisements

The past couple of weeks, i've read as well as been apart of threads concerning Blacks. Many of these threads have several different topics
- why do blacks find it hard to succeed in America
- Why are blacks vioent
- Why are blacks lazy
- Why do blacks hate america
ect ect ect.
these threads always came back to the same tone, "blacks blame slavery, blacks are lazy, blacks are less inteligent than whites ect, blacks are responsible for welfare, the economic collapse

What I decided to do, was to print up the many different iterations of these threads with the comments from each poster and provide them to a few teachers and community speakers in my previous hometown.
2 were high school teachers and 3 were grammer school teachers. The feedback i received from one of the H.S teachers was astonishing. This teacher teach American History in one of the hardest HS in NJ.

The reaction from some of the students according to the teacher was the following
- "one of my brightest students who has worked his way to a 4.0 grade point average, this young man lives in one of the worst parts of town. He wants to major in Law but minor in Psychology. When we read some of these posts, he just broke down and cried and said, Ms. Nelson the only White person I know are the teachers, and my Dr. why is it that these people believe that I'm beneath them, that my mother is beneath them, that my grandfather is beneath them? I did not have an answer. I've never been in front of a class where there was just silence, tears and above all hurt".
The teacher stated that he will continue the discussion with the class and encourage other teachers as well to do the same with the exact same posts as well as any others that are posted on CD.

Old 04-05-2009, 05:14 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Let me get this straight.. On purpose.. you decided to pick and choose a few postings from extreme individuals and then pass them off to "black students" for feedback as if "america" views blacks in the same manner they did in the 1960's?

I'm curious, did you pull the antisemetic remarks against Jews and do the same? How about Christians? Did you print the whole thread, or just pick and choose the remarks that would give these children the impression that "america" viewed them as not on par with the rest of "white" america because they are "black"?

You must be so proud...

Old 04-05-2009, 05:21 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
What the hell is wrong with you? You admitted to cherry picking from numerous threads racist posts then you decide to distribute said nasty posts to kids.

Assuming you are telling the truth, that is the meanest thing I think I have ever heard of.

I have to question your reasoning for doing this. Did you do this so that you would be seen as the lone openminded white person on Earth (assuming you are white, of course) or did you do this to support an agenda that all white people secretly hate blacks?

Either way, what an incredibly self serving thing to do...

Old 04-05-2009, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Let me get this straight.. On purpose.. you decided to pick and choose a few postings from extreme individuals and then pass them off to "black students" for feedback as if "america" views blacks in the same manner they did in the 1960's?

I'm curious, did you pull the antisemetic remarks against Jews and do the same? How about Christians? Did you print the whole thread, or just pick and choose the remarks that would give these children the impression that "america" viewed them as not on par with the rest of "white" america because they are "black"?

You must be so proud...

As usual you chose to read then go on the attack.

I printed up every post of that particular thread. These are the comments that are out there. This is the tone of America and yes, if the same comments were being made towards Jewish children they should see those as well. It would be irresponsible of me to just choose the negative, that is not reality. I guess you completely missed the part where this one childs ONLY interaction with someone outside of a minority was his teachers and his Dr.

Next time take your time read, then reach out to get clarification before your typical action of going on the attack.

Old 04-05-2009, 05:22 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmama View Post
The past couple of weeks, i've read as well as been apart of threads concerning Blacks. Many of these threads have several different topics
- why do blacks find it hard to succeed in America
- Why are blacks vioent
- Why are blacks lazy
- Why do blacks hate america
ect ect ect.
these threads always came back to the same tone, "blacks blame slavery, blacks are lazy, blacks are less inteligent than whites ect, blacks are responsible for welfare, the economic collapse

What I decided to do, was to print up the many different iterations of these threads with the comments from each poster and provide them to a few teachers and community speakers in my previous hometown.
2 were high school teachers and 3 were grammer school teachers. The feedback i received from one of the H.S teachers was astonishing. This teacher teach American History in one of the hardest HS in NJ.

The reaction from some of the students according to the teacher was the following
- "one of my brightest students who has worked his way to a 4.0 grade point average, this young man lives in one of the worst parts of town. He wants to major in Law but minor in Psychology. When we read some of these posts, he just broke down and cried and said, Ms. Nelson the only White person I know are the teachers, and my Dr. why is it that these people believe that I'm beneath them, that my mother is beneath them, that my grandfather is beneath them? I did not have an answer. I've never been in front of a class where there was just silence, tears and above all hurt".
The teacher stated that he will continue the discussion with the class and encourage other teachers as well to do the same with the exact same posts as well as any others that are posted on CD.
If this is true, and there is NO way of knowing , the teacher should be fired .
Since WHEN can some stranger(the OP) give teachers material for their students???????

OP is "Proud"???....if she truly did this it's shameful and disgusting !

Old 04-05-2009, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
If this is true, and there is NO way of knowing , the teacher should be fired .
Since WHEN can some stranger(the OP) give teachers material for their students???????

OP is "Proud"???....if she truly did this it's shameful and disgusting !

Ok everyone back up. I did not cherry pick the threads. I pulled out the complete thread and provided them to educators. and the community speakers in the same URBAN area that everyone has been discussing.
The same educators that pull news articles from FOX and MSNBS. The same teachers that since Obama became President have had these children go onto blogs for the American History class to view the statements of others. This is life, this is the tone that is out there in America. Fired, No, educating and preparing these children with the tools to suceed yes.

And by the way, NO i'm not ashamed, No i do not feel this is digusting.

Old 04-05-2009, 05:28 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
As usual you chose to read then go on the attack.

I printed up every post of that particular thread. These are the comments that are out there. This is the tone of America and yes, if the same comments were being made towards Jewish children they should see those as well. It would be irresponsible of me to just choose the negative, that is not reality. I guess you completely missed the part where this one childs ONLY interaction with someone outside of a minority was his teachers and his Dr.

Next time take your time read, then reach out to get clarification before your typical action of going on the attack.
How could I not go on the attack.

I guess you missed the point that all you did was put out the wrong impression americans are "racists" when in reality majority of americans are not. There will always be a few, but you just linked ALL of america in one big lump.

Any teacher that would show my children forums I would immediately ask to be fired, and you, well you should be ashamed of yourself for pushing such hatred. Tell me what your motive was?

And for the record, yes, my children are black.

Old 04-05-2009, 05:32 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Ok everyone back up. I did not cherry pick the threads. I pulled out the complete thread and provided them to educators. and the community speakers in the same URBAN area that everyone has been discussing.
The same educators that pull news articles from FOX and MSNBS. The same teachers that since Obama became President have had these children go onto blogs for the American History class to view the statements of others. This is life, this is the tone that is out there in America. Fired, No, educating and preparing these children with the tools to suceed yes.
Oh for Gawd's sake! Quit trying justify your nastiness!

YOU went out of your way to see the response these words have on CHILDREN!!!

Grammar and high school children !!!!!

Your purpose was pure evil !
Who ARE YOU to take this upon yourself...how arrogant besides just plain disgusting !

Take your racial hatred and shove it.......

Old 04-05-2009, 05:34 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,243,102 times
Quote:

And by the way, NO i'm not ashamed, No i do not feel this is digusting.
I doesn't matter if you cherry picked or not... You were out of line... You are doing nothing but spreading the hate... And it needs to stopped, not spread around.

Old 04-05-2009, 05:35 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,687,885 times
OP - we have a black president. His wife was doing very well in her own right. What better positive example(s) do you need to motivate black kids?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies