Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 11:51 AM

683 posts, read 824,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
I've been saying it for years. White racists and gun crazy militia people a la Timothy McVeigh are far more likely to commit terrorist acts in America then radical Islamists on another continent. The OKC bombing, the Olympic Park bombing, the nutjobs bombing family planning clinics, the neo-nazi who recently built a dirty bomb but was shot by his wife before he could use it are all examples of real American terrorism by right wing extremist groups and we haven't even brought up traditional terrorist groups like the KKK.

They are real, they are here, and they are very much a threat.
So with this you are reaffirming the views of the report that since I have conservative views and I own a firearm which I occasionaly buy ammo for that I must be a terrorist???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 11:52 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,033,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Sniper View Post
I care!!! I have conservative views so I am now lumped in with racists and skinheads??? Not to mention the disrespect to our veterans and active military. Soldiers go to war for their country, not for republicans or democrats. They sacrifice their lives to protect us without questioning the political aspect of the conflict because that is their job. And this is the thanks they get??? Washington no longer uses the term terrorist unless they are describing American citizens??? Right or Left, is this doesn't get your attention you really need to lay off the kool-aid.....
Lumped in by the media.

I'm starting to strongly dislike the media.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:56 AM

683 posts, read 824,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
I care.... Which leads me to this question. Why does the Right hate America so much? Is that bullcrap about guns, bible, Flag/Liberty just a cover. Me thinks so...
The right hating America? Dude, come on now... We aren't the ones trying to destroy the constitution, pandering around Europe apologizing for our arrogance and bowing down to Muslims... If only Obama would bow to the Constitution that he took an oath to uphold......

Oops I said "We" didn't I? Classfying myself as a terrorist again....

Old 04-15-2009, 11:59 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,356,109 times
This would be funny if it were not so sad! Heard Joe Scarboro ranting about it this morning on MSNBC. I think everyone is taking this WAY out of proportion.

An analogy. . . if you are a parent and you live in a society where young people are recruited into cults, you may wish to warn your children about such, teach them to "think for themselves", to question, not to be intimidated nor to be swayed by highly emotional arguments. It is especially young people who are vulnerable due to some difficult life circumstance that could be vulnerable to this kind of "persuasion".

It appears that the real loonies on the right (did someone mention Timothy McVey) are as capable of driving events by using fear tactics, just as the real loonies on the right are. . . . so, unless you are a real loonie yourself, you might just want to be aware that this stuff is "out there", and let your kids know it, too!

Old 04-15-2009, 12:00 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,318,422 times
Quote:
read the report!!!

Vets are now suspects according to our new fascist regime.....
I have read it and you, sir, haven't a clue what you are talking about. The report, written during the Bush administration BTW but released now, said that extremist groups were actively targeting vets for their military knowledge not that the government was targeting vets. That you could screw up something so basic from the report tells me you haven't read it or that your reading comprehension skills are worse then a six year old's.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:02 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:
We aren't the ones trying to destroy the constitution,
No, the Patriot Act pretty much did that.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:03 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,318,422 times
Quote:
So with this you are reaffirming the views of the report that since I have conservative views and I own a firearm which I occasionaly buy ammo for that I must be a terrorist???
The report doesn't make that claim at all. In fact it takes great pains to point out that regular conservatives do not support the extremist agendas of white power groups, hate groups, or the militia movement. It does note that right wing extremist groups are large and growing and that many of them are threatening to commit terrorist acts.

Why not read the report instead of trying to infer what it says for the commentary of third parties?

Old 04-15-2009, 12:03 PM

Quote:
read the report!!!

Read it again.

This time, try comprehending what you read.

Then read it one more time.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:04 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
read the report!!!

Maybe YOU need to read the report. It doesn't say vets are suspects, but only points out that militaristic extremist groups are actively trying to recruit persons with military experience, ie, returning soldiers.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Maybe YOU need to read the report. It doesn't say vets are suspects, but only points out that militaristic extremist groups are actively trying to recruit persons with military experience, ie, returning soldiers.

Give the guy a break. As soon as intelligent thought entered his cranium, his grey matter siezed up, and he started channeling Rushbo.

(pssst) Blind Sniper, click on the link for the full story...

Then actually read it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies