Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 11:03 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,515,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Interesting language. It's a projection. Professional victims really believe they're being attacked when you ask them to back up their statements. It also presumes I mean to manipulate people, again, another projection.

Whatever. You know what I meant. I've seen you criticize people from both the left and the right like you said. But you mentioned getting flak from the right more often. I simply stated that could be because more of your posts are against the right than the left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 11:05 AM

3,770 posts, read 4,982,136 times
Default Lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
You are blind. O'Reilly said he did a good job on his speeches while he was in Europe.
Oh! I forgot he is an Independant!

Shhhhhh! Don't tell nobody!!

What about Hannity and Rush?

Old 04-15-2009, 11:11 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
He is not that dark.
That is a good one considering he tans to be the dark color he was during the election. Notice how white he is looking these days?
Uh, just what is the significance of this?

Old 04-15-2009, 11:14 AM

2,600 posts, read 2,324,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Uh, just what is the significance of this?
It's just sarcasim. Some like to stir the pot to see what comes to the surface. most of the time, it's gobblygook.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:18 AM

Default Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
It's just sarcasim. Some like to stir the pot to see what comes to the surface. most of the time, it's gobblygook.
That seems to be contagious nowadays!!

Gobblygook etc!!!!!

Old 04-15-2009, 11:20 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
US recession, 1st black president, 'fuel extremism'

This is utter BS! Conservatives dislike Obama because he is destroying our country, but since liberals cannot debate that, they throw in racism.
One thing I can agree on.

It is wrong and bs. Just because you dont agree with Obama DOES NOT mean that you are racist.

However, I disagree Obama is ruining this country.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:24 AM

Default I agree with ur first sentence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
One thing I can agree on.

It is wrong and bs. Just because you dont agree with Obama DOES NOT mean that you are racist.

However, I disagree Obama is ruining this country.
It's not people like you that frustrates me it's the racist that do.

Sounds like you are a Republican. Not a Conservative!

Old 04-15-2009, 11:27 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Whatever. You know what I meant. I've seen you criticize people from both the left and the right like you said. But you mentioned getting flak from the right more often. I simply stated that could be because more of your posts are against the right than the left.
My posts are against the right being oblivious to their own true identity-- the party of personal accountability. When you've divorced yourself from that true base of conservativism, you're no longer a conservative. Fact: Left leaners are more willing to consider self criticism than right. That weakens the party at it's true core, not the machiavellian Rove core, and is directly responsible for their own undoing/ disgrace.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:29 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,324,754 times
Exclamation Holy Crap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
That seems to be contagious nowadays!!

Gobblygook etc!!!!!
Check this out:
CNN covering a tea party thing,

reporter interviews one guy holding a sign with a picture of President Obama which shows the President doing a heil hitler salute and wearing a hitler mustache,

reporter asks man why he thinks Obama is a fascist,

the man replies, "because he is",

reporter asks man again, why do you think that?

man's reply is "because he is".

Hmmmmm, sounds like a brainwashed sheep to me.
These are exactly the types of people who attend the rallies. Evidently, the man HAS been listening to the wrong influences.

We need to be careful of, and watch out for these brainless people, they can be dangerous.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:31 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,605,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatchance2005 View Post
I don't think all Conservatives dislike Barack Obama because he is Black. I think the Conservatives who dislike barack Obama do so because he is Black. The same is true of the Liberals who dislike him (and there are many, outside the Neocon brain).
You think the only reason someone dislikes Obama is because of his skin color? Have you been smoking spoiled weed, or do you see every action in the universe as being due to race? Seriously, Conservatives who dislike barack Obama do so because he is Black???? I think you are getting a bit too much of Dukester's second hand smoke.

There are so many non-racial concerns about Obama's politics and motivations that this isn't even a rational topic. Sure, some people are so hateful that they cannot tear their focus away from their object of obsession. Just look at Dukester's obsession with hating anyone who tolerates Conservatives or their policies. He is obviously so full of hatred that if Hannity went on air praising the Dukester for his rhetoric on this board Dukester would shoot himself out of contempt.

There are racist, closed minded people in every political click and many of those people hate blacks and oppose anything a black person will say, just as there are those that hate whites and will oppose anything a white person will say. There are those that would have followed a black person into the incinerators of Auschwitz willingly if a white Nazi had told them it wasn't a good place to be.

People can blindly follow their obsessions to their ruin, and we see that on all sides. It is folly, however, to believe that the majority of any group has a common motivation and perspective. In most cases there is vast disagreement within even the most homogenous group. Only among the blinded fanatics is there universal agreement on a single topic. If there was such widespread fanaticism amongst conservatives or liberals we would have had civil war in this country years ago.

I believe that most conservatives, including many of those ultra fanatical bigots that are sure to be there, hate Obama's political stances more than his skin color. I believe that the vast majority of conservatives today do not harbor ill will toward Obama because of his skin color at all. Had Obama risen to prominence with Reagan like propaganda, policy, and voting history and not had the baggage of Wright, Pfleger, Jones, Rezko, Ayers, et al..He would have been the Conservatives candidate and the left would be hating Obama just as bitterly as they did Condolezza Rice and Clarence Thomas.

If it were even a little true that Conservative harbor such ill will simply due to skin color, many of these reviled black conservatives would have never appeared at the forefront of politics. Colin Powell would have remained an enlisted soldier rather than becoming an exhaulted military leader.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies