Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 08:11 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,468,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
so Your belief is that marriage is for producing children and that is why the state should limit it to only to man and woman? That is justification?
do you not realize.. that allowing people of the same sex to be married, allows YOU to marry someone of the same sex as well should you so choose to do it.. so it's not a special right or accomodation for feelings..
it's just very convenient for you to sit here and allowed to marry someone you have effectionate feelings for.. while others are NOT allowed.. and you can sit here and insult our intelligence for backing up your opinion based on what you think is sound logic... when it's not...
I "feel" romantic feelings for another man BECAUSE i am gay.. the same reason why you would feel romantic feelings for the opposite sex...
It's just mildly amusing that you would dare make a statement as such.. that I have every right to marriage that you do.. I can just go marry a woman...
VERY convenient...
Lets impose a bit of your logic then... lets have the government follow up on this "marriage" thing.. and anyone who enters a marriage better pop out a kid within one year upon entering marriage.. or it becomes null and void...
Or better yet, lets have the government make sure your marriage will work accordingly for what it's purpose is in society.. afterall.. those love butterflies are just a "feeling" and well.. we know how feelings are not based on logic.. and just because you FEEL you love her... it will probably end in disaster, so the government better make sure to look into everything first...
Again... VERY F-Ing Convenient to sit here and insult everyone's intelligence by sitting here claiming that how I love and what I feel for another man is a "Just a feeling" that is not as good as what YOU feel for a woman!!!...
That's just a stupid feeling too...

So insulting...
basically what it comes down to.. you want to sit here and play the "I don't hate you.. see I support these things.. and those things.. but... I'm going to draw my line right here.. believe me.. i feel for you.. but it only goes this far"

and then insult us with this rationale???

Some of us weren't born yesterday.. and can read between the lines... It's clear as day that to you.. MY feelings are not equal to your feelings.. because they are not projected at the right person to accomodate marriage under the law.. and its easy to sit on the free side of iron bars and come up with every excuse in the book to justify hindering me from equality.. while you enjoy yours... so that you can have a clear conscience about it all.. and can atleast say "hey I wasn't as bad as all the others who were mean about it"
It's still doesn't make it right..
I support equal rights....yet only recognizing marriage between a person who is male and a person who is female is not a violation of equal rights as far as I'm concerned. Your feelings ARE equal to my feeelings.

Boiseguy, I don't know why you continue to live in Idaho if the state seems to be so intolerant. Why not try to move? You do have that right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies