Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 06:45 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,014,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Of course it does. I think they should ban coffee. How would you like that?
Caffeine is one habit I can live without.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2009, 06:51 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,854,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
Works for me! Let's ban it all!
Excellent. Since you're so ban happy, perhaps you should ask the site administrators to exercise their ban rights upon you! LOL.

Old 04-19-2009, 06:54 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,561,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
I am a smoker and am not living it and if anyone takes this post and changes iot to suit their nazi whim then they will be reported for doctoring posts.
What? I don't understand your post...you mean doctoring your post or mine?

Old 04-19-2009, 06:56 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,487,875 times
shhhhh.......I think Connie lives in a sterile enviroment.

Old 04-19-2009, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Well thank you, but then you agreed w/banning smoking in all public places. Connie, I'm positive you don't go into bars, so if there are smoking bars vs. non smoking bars & there's a choice for everyone, why would that cause any problem?
You are correct that I don't frequent bars. My reasons for supporting a smoking ban in bars is because of SHS exposure that non-smoking patrons would have to endure. It's because of my negative experiences with SHS that causes me to be passionate about the issue and to want to advocate for other non-smokers. I guess it really does not matter much to me personally if the bars are allowed to have smoking or not though.

Old 04-19-2009, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
Excellent. Since you're so ban happy, perhaps you should ask the site administrators to exercise their ban rights upon you! LOL.
Oh? Are we going to create a thread where we poll CD users if Msconnie73 should be banned or not?

Old 04-19-2009, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Caffeine is one habit I can live without.
Connie, now come on, please get real. Are you telling us that you have ABSOLUTELY no vice that you rely on? None whatsoever? I'm not sure what is worse, that that may be true or that you're covering up something. You know, people who drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes, smoke pot, drink caffeine...these people ARE normal people. It's not dirty, it's not bad, it's not anything than just THAT.

Old 04-19-2009, 07:02 PM

Quote:
I guess it really does not matter much to me personally if the bars are allowed to have smoking or not though.
Well, I'm glad you put this as your last sentence. Because, really in the end, it doesn't matter. If you don't smoke, simply don't go to places that allow smoking. And, if you do smoke & want to smoke that night, then you go to places that allow smoking, it's very simple. I understand you have an allergy or whatever to smoking, my mother has COPD & does not go to places that allow smoking. But as I've said in another post on another thread, she is not militant about her views. She understands that smoking is legal & that bars at least should allow smoking. I was actually shocked when she said that...then again, my mother has become a lot more laid back as she's gotten older.

Old 04-19-2009, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Connie, now come on, please get real. Are you telling us that you have ABSOLUTELY no vice that you rely on? None whatsoever? I'm not sure what is worse, that that may be true or that you're covering up something. You know, people who drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes, smoke pot, drink caffeine...these people ARE normal people. It's not dirty, it's not bad, it's not anything than just THAT.
When I stated that caffeine was one habit I can live without, I'm speaking as someone who has a caffeine addiction.

Old 04-19-2009, 07:03 PM

Quote:
When I stated that caffeine was one habit I can live without, I'm speaking as someone who has a caffeine addiction.
AHA!!!! So, we've found your vice. Very nice Connie, caffeine is a great vice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies