Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 09:27 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
this is a great lesson for teenagers. that lesson? "your idiotic decisions carry with them no consequence."
So you are pro abortion? Because that is what a teen pregnancy would lead to...either that or yet another fatherless child growing up in poverty with a revolving door of mommys boyfriends.

Yeah -- that is great for society. But those girls learned their lesson!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 09:30 AM

26,218 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
So the lesson should instead be "You're punished with a baby"?

That's just great. Punishing people with pregnancy.
Yep, that's what a lot of idiots on the far right want, to judge and punish millions of young people, make themselves feel superior, have someone they can insult and put down with their "scarlet letter" mentality and witch trials.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:32 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Yep, that's what a lot of idiots on the far right want, to judge and punish millions of young people, make themselves feel superior, have someone they can insult and put down with their "scarlet letter" mentality and witch trials.
And then turn around and complain that their taxes are going to pay for welfare babies. Boggles the mind.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:32 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times
Default Plan B Birth Control Now Available to 17 year olds

WOW is everyone up in arms about this.

How many of you that object to this product being available are aware that the SAME effect can be gotten if you take several of your regular birth control pills.

Are we to allow the religious to dis-allow this Plan B being available, the next step is going to be birth control pills, they are too similar for it NOT to be.

One of the ways this Plan B works is to prevent the egg and sperm from uniting, the SAME way with birth control pills, another way it works is to prevent the fertilized egg from affixing to the uterus, the SAME way with birth control pills.

Do I want my minor child having either available without my knowledge, NO but I think consenting adults should have this option. Its far safer then a first trimester abortion. Would I want this type of birth control being relied upon rather then responsible birth control like taking the pill every day, NO.

Lets not forget that the Plan B and other birth control pills do NOTHING to protect you from sexually transmitted disease. This is why I would NOT want my minor child to have this available. I need to know that she is active so I can explain. I know not all parents are this active so I also believe this should be taught in school.

I went to a religious private school and they certainly beat the drum about sexually transmitted disease back in the 80s, this should continue.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:33 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,844,425 times
your punished with a baby? you got that directly from obama. please stick to original thought.

I didn't say they should be forced to keep the baby, I said the parents should be notified. please pay attention to what I have said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
So the lesson should instead be "You're punished with a baby"?

That's just great. Punishing people with pregnancy.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:33 AM

5,168 posts, read 11,439,950 times
Quote:
and then they will complain about he welfare benefits these people get
The reality is young people HAVE SEX! At least most of them do... and since they are still young and not as wise as we old people are, they do make mistakes and unprotected sex is one of them.

forum rules, please read them

Old 04-23-2009, 09:34 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
yes, I am pro choice. all I said is that parents should be notified. the child should be able to buy the pill, but the parents should be notified by the pharmacy so the can dicipline the CHILD. it's called taking responsibility for you actions. something liberals truly hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
So you are pro abortion? Because that is what a teen pregnancy would lead to...either that or yet another fatherless child growing up in poverty with a revolving door of mommys boyfriends.

Yeah -- that is great for society. But those girls learned their lesson!

Old 04-23-2009, 09:36 AM

someone to insult? you mean like the personal attack you just did on me? please read the TOS. you're a mod for christ's sake.

Quote:

Old 04-23-2009, 09:38 AM

5,168 posts, read 11,439,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
yes, I am pro choice. all I said is that parents should be notified. the child should be able to buy the pill, but the parents should be notified by the pharmacy so the can dicipline the CHILD. it's called taking responsibility for you actions. something liberals truly hate.
Would you rather have
a. child has unprotected sex, is scared of getting pill because parents will be notified( and yell, scream, punish) ends up not getting it and hopes nothing happened. Later ends up pregnant and has and abortion.

b. child has unprotected sex, gets pill. no pregnancy.

I would chose the first scenario.
This applies to 17 year olds, not 13 or 14 year olds.

forum rules, please read them

Old 04-23-2009, 09:41 AM

I would rather have the child face the consequences of their actions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
Would you rather have
a. child has unprotected sex, is scared of getting pill because parents will be notified( and yell, scream, punish) ends up not getting it and hopes nothing happened. Later ends up pregnant and has and abortion.

b. child has unprotected sex, gets pill. no pregnancy.

I would chose the first scenario.
This applies to 17 year olds, not 13 or 14 year olds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies