Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2009, 07:54 AM

1,336 posts, read 1,532,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Yes sounds like we have lots of definitons that are more flexible than yours.

This is a Democracy. You don't get to pout and cry till you get your way. Go win an election if you want to impose your morality on us.

Or you could move to Afghanistan and join the Taliban. They seek to impose their religious extremism on the majority of the Country.
How nice. 'Flexible' rules that you use to justify your selfishness in disposing of inconvenient little humans.

Amazing how those defending the most defenseless among us are "the extremists". I'd say those who would slaughter tiny innocents are as extreme as you can get. And if you notice, religion never entered into my argument. Maybe I should call you a religious extremist if you oppose slavery or armed robbery. Religions oppose those things, too.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:56 AM

2,984 posts, read 5,858,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Common answers from a pro-choicer:

To hell with what my mom and dad decided, I am my own person. I don't believe in God...my moral compass is determined by laws. Everything revolves around ME ME ME. It's my body, to hell with morals. I don't answer to a God, so why should I answer to a man? I'm not killing anyone because it can't carry on a conversation with me. Who needs birth control, when I can have an abortion? Condoms don't feel as good anyway. If I want to have sex with as many people as possible, why shouldn't I? It's just a baby, DUH! Personal responsibility is overrated. Why should I think about my actions first, when I can get instant gratification and deal it with later? Why would I bring another person into this world when I can't even take responsibility for my own actions? I can't afford a baby!

.....the answers are endless. Let the flaming begin, I don't care.
I think you covered it all. We have become a selfish society. Many people care little for others, especially their unborn babies. To many women getting rid of a baby is like spraying the weeds in their garden. They want to keep every thing pretty on the surface.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:59 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,982,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
How nice. 'Flexible' rules that you use to justify your selfishness in disposing of inconvenient little humans.

Amazing how those defending the most defenseless among us are "the extremists". I'd say those who would slaughter tiny innocents are as extreme as you can get. And if you notice, religion never entered into my argument. Maybe I should call you a religious extremist if you oppose slavery or armed robbery. Religions oppose those things, too.
Yes were all murderers.

Now run along and be sure and keep up the pressure on the GOP to vote your agenda and spew your rhetoric.

Nothing like a party of extremists to drive voters to the other side.

Old 05-01-2009, 08:05 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,181,169 times
Quote:
OK, let's throw undeniable facts out the window for a moment and agree with your premise that 'the ability to feel pain' is the big milestone that determines when life is conferred. So if we anesthetize a ten year old, we are free to kill it because, well, he can't feel pain.

All you leftists have to do is embrace the one undeniable fact that human life is conferred at conception. Then you won't be swinging at shadows trying to come up with all these crazy inconsistent 'determiners' of life. The obtuseness so many of your a displaying is demonstrating you have no desire for the truth; you just want to cover your ears so you can go on killing little inconvenient people.
I NEVER said that. Not even close.

Old 05-01-2009, 08:10 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
Religions also oppose lslavery, armed robbery and assault and battery. Are you saying America is a theocracy because our laws also oppose those offenses?
Hold the phone. When is the last time you read your bible. Religions have indeed supported slavery, robbery and assault.

Quote:
WHY are you people so slow? I've debunked developmental markers as measure of life 100 times now. Reread my ironclad definition.
Thanks
You havent debunked anything. Just because you say it dosent mean it is proven. It is only your opinion, not even supported by any sicientic study.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Hold the phone. When is the last time you read your bible. Religions have indeed supported slavery, robbery and assault.

You havent debunked anything. Just because you say it dosent mean it is proven. It is only your opinion, not even supported by any sicientic study.
I don't think you can find any religion that supports those things today except maybe Islam.

Do you want the scientific study that says an embryo has the full set of chromosomes? Is that what you want?

Old 05-01-2009, 09:02 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,667,293 times
Quote:
I don't think you can find any religion that supports those things today except maybe Islam.

Do you want the scientific study that says an embryo has the full set of chromosomes? Is that what you want?
Nope, show me the scientific study that defines LIFE and when it begins.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:03 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
Your post has got to be the most ridiculous I've read on this subject. You honestly think that women think this is convenient, fun, cheap, and considered birth control? It's painful, emotional, and often a gut wrenching decision. It's expensive, humiliating and she's often all alone w/o any support from the man whatsoever emotionally or financially (which is why she's probably having the abortion to begin with)

As a man (obviously) how the he** would you know how women feel? YOU DON'T.
I have known far to many women in my life who have had multiple abortions. So what is so 'ridiculous'() about my opinion? The old 'how could I', as a man, have a clue is getting pretty old as well. There are certainly men, in this wonderful world of ours, who's who's ethics are on a par with a scroungy alley cat,(and women as well) but I'm not one of them....and I hate being stereotyped. You said yourself, the procedure is painful, embarassing (for some..not all), and often leaves the woman alone without the other responsible party. Or irresponsible party. There ya go. Choice has a consequence, and it's not always pleasant. I will concede that birth control is not 100% effective. But it's pretty close these days, and I did state that I felt this procedure is justified in certain cases. I mentioned two specifically, but I left it pretty open ended, so you can read in the missing pieces. I also feel that BOTH people should be held responsible for unwanted pregnancy. Was I unclear on that? I didn't think so, ut sometimes , in the rush to get those insults and rhetoric out , some folks don't look close enough. I know plenty about painful medical procedures as well. Enough to fill in any blanks. And who said anything about having fun and enjoying an aborton procedure? That was a pretty rank assumption on my view for your part. Scream at me all you like, my opinion remains unchanged. There needs to be some changes made, in terms of how BOTH parties are held responsible for unwanted pregnancies that could have been prevented. They cannot be completely halted, but the numbers could be drastically reduced by more accountability, strictly enforced. Save the rhetoric from the NOW propoganda for someone with less common sense. How can a woman know how a man feels, about a life he helped create, being terminated? And save the stereotypes in your answer. All men are NOT created equal. I do support a womans 'right to choose', to a point, but I do not , and never will, agree with abortion being an end all be all, final solution, to unplanned pregnancy.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
So again, my question remains unanswered, and is met only with accusations. Perfect example of the way religious belief, taken to the extreme is a dangerous thing (Dangerous to ALL life, including, but not excusive to Human Life)! By taking "god" and "human" out of the interwoven fabric of "all that is" and making them THE MOST IMORTANT THINGS, one fragments (at least intellectually) the very fabric of what life is. . . and calls into question the purpose of the human mind/ brain / intellect, by denying that understanding and open minded investigation, into all areas, is a natural part of specie development. How much easier it must be to rely on "God" (a "god" than cannot be seen, heard, or otherwise detected by any means except imagination)! How much easier to put all ethical questions into black and white categories and live with the certainty that "those who agree with me" will be "saved" and those who do not will be "damned". . . .

I do, actually feel quite sorry for you Eeeee, you refuse to use your (godgiven) gift of understanding (or at least partial understanding) of the big picture, in favor of a narrow, and extrememly uncompassionate view of right wrong, that, if examined in the light of our current planetary situation, will eventually lead to the extermination of all "life as we know it". . . . ah well, I have no firm opinion about reincarnation, but as I believe no one is "damned", I must hope that Eeeee, can find her way through (lifetimes) without being hurt too much by the situations that she advocates. . . massive human overpopulation of our planet, death by starvation of millions, young and old alike, and the experience of being a mother with no abilty to properly care for and feed her children. . . . now that sounds like "hell" to me. . . . . .
Sorry. I didn't answer your crazy metaphysical questions like "What were you before you were born?" I don't have time for ethereal BS. I am interested in facts and logic.

Oh, OK. We've been hearing about the 'coming population crisis' for at least 40 years. Hasn't happened. Ain't gonna happen.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:06 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,181,169 times
Quote:

We want you to realize that because you have an opinion of what the definition of life should be, doesn't make it fact. We all have opinions. Yours is worth no more than any one else's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies